HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wregie View Post
Thanks all for the imput.
Wing is clipped 6 inches and glued together. I,ll finishe the rest when I get time.
I am also waiting for the custom motor mount to arrive from the states.
It's a good idea to use a CF spar in the wing; especially if you aren't using struts.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
United Kingdom, Middlesbrough
Joined Aug 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm View Post
It's a good idea to use a CF spar in the wing; especially if you aren't using struts.
I intend to use a CF rod and the struts shortened to suit.

Would you put the CF rod on the top or bottom of the wing? I was planning on putting it on the bottom for estetic reasons and was thinking once epoxied in to the bottom it should be strong enough though I guess on top would be a little stronger
Wregie is offline Find More Posts by Wregie
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
SuperCub DSM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Nov 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaksno View Post
Here's more info from a previous post as an alternative to Heads Up:

Motor - $16 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86ma08-2215-1150kv.html

ESC - $11,70 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dye-1003-30a-esc.html

Servos - $2.88 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/9gmiseexis1.html

Battery - $20.58 ea
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-2600-3s1p.html

Super Cub Motor Mount for an E-flite Park 480 - $15.99
http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...products_id=17

Horns, hinge, etc - $10 max.

Good flyin'

jaksno
hey this is what i put on mine and it works great now my super cub can do a vertical very fun:

MOTOR: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail

ESC: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-40-Amp/Detail

that what i recommend.
spektrumforever is offline Find More Posts by spektrumforever
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Apr 2011
85 Posts
OFF TOPIC...help

I know this is the SC forum, fly it on a regular basis and the hints, trials and tribulations are fun to read ! ! !
Sorry....question off topic....but have a lot of experts here, someone might be able to help. Can't find any info anywhere.
Have just started to build an RC sailboat. The DX6 and Orange receivers I presently use will be used in it.
Question: normally you bind the receiver by plugging into the ESC which plugs into the receiver.....etc....etc....etc. With the boat, no ESC used.Just servos and battery. How do you bind with that setup ? ? ?
\Sorry to butt in...hope someone can help.
Thanks ! !
Zork
Zork is offline Find More Posts by Zork
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:25 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,625 Posts
The ESC provides power to the Rx. Without an ESC you just power the Rx with your battery.
Turner2 is online now Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,771 Posts
What type if radio?
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
I know this is the SC forum, fly it on a regular basis and the hints, trials and tribulations are fun to read ! ! !
Sorry....question off topic....but have a lot of experts here, someone might be able to help. Can't find any info anywhere.
Have just started to build an RC sailboat. The DX6 and Orange receivers I presently use will be used in it.
Question: normally you bind the receiver by plugging into the ESC which plugs into the receiver.....etc....etc....etc. With the boat, no ESC used.Just servos and battery. How do you bind with that setup ? ? ?
Thanks ! !
Zork
can the guys here help? http://www.rcgroups.com/sailboats-59/
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
2,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wregie View Post
I intend to use a CF rod and the struts shortened to suit.

Would you put the CF rod on the top or bottom of the wing? I was planning on putting it on the bottom for estetic reasons and was thinking once epoxied in to the bottom it should be strong enough though I guess on top would be a little stronger
Yep, put it on the bottom. Melt a channel for the CF with a old soldering tip or dremel it out. Put plenty of Epoxy in the channel and set the CF in that. I had a wing peel right off of the CF rod; probably because I didn't use enough epoxy.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:58 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
Thanks ! !
Zork
No no no...you bind the RX by plugging a jumper into the RX, not the esc. Check online for the manual to the orange RXs.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,309 Posts
Took the Night Cub out for a spin tonight

night flying (1 min 5 sec)
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Great flying, smitty... and that sucker really lights it up.
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
Noob
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Oct 2012
30 Posts
Very cool. I wonder how many UFO sightings were called in as a result of your flight
ManiZ is offline Find More Posts by ManiZ
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiZ View Post
Very cool. I wonder how many UFO sightings were called in as a result of your flight
Its funny you say that cause i do get a bunch of people stopping and asking what it is some from as far as 1/2 mile away
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,961 Posts
Im still losing contact between radio and RX. Pretty sure it happened the other day. Just real quick blips of nothing. Its hard to tell because its gusty here. Plane is always getting knocked around. I forgot the check the RX for blinking.

But today i lost contact for a couple seconds. Felt like forever. Just about crashed down in the valley. I was about to give up and just start walking to it. Luckily i kept the throttle pinned with the elevator pulled full back. Watching watching watching....then boom it comes back to life. I was thinking to myself NEVER EVER give up. Wow that was nerve racking.

I get some altitude and circle around to try and land on the dirt road. Im flying in the desert. Its losing contact still but just real quick. Heart is pumping like mad and i get it back over to me and land safely.

RX is blinking. I took a pic. Its not the cleanest setup. My satellite RX is down lower...sandwiched between the side of the battery box and the foam. The sat RX had a solid red light. Not sure if it blinks too sometimes.

I went into my MONITOR with everything still turned on. The controls move smoothly. I dont know what the hell to do. Would suck having to send in the TX and wait.

What you guys think?
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:08 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop View Post
Im still losing contact between radio and RX. Pretty sure it happened the other day. Just real quick blips of nothing. Its hard to tell because its gusty here. Plane is always getting knocked around. I forgot the check the RX for blinking.

But today i lost contact for a couple seconds. Felt like forever. Just about crashed down in the valley. I was about to give up and just start walking to it. Luckily i kept the throttle pinned with the elevator pulled full back. Watching watching watching....then boom it comes back to life. I was thinking to myself NEVER EVER give up. Wow that was nerve racking.

I get some altitude and circle around to try and land on the dirt road. Im flying in the desert. Its losing contact still but just real quick. Heart is pumping like mad and i get it back over to me and land safely.

RX is blinking. I took a pic. Its not the cleanest setup. My satellite RX is down lower...sandwiched between the side of the battery box and the foam. The sat RX had a solid red light. Not sure if it blinks too sometimes.

I went into my MONITOR with everything still turned on. The controls move smoothly. I dont know what the hell to do. Would suck having to send in the TX and wait.

What you guys think?
What TX are you using? DX5E?