1,792 Posts
Thank you, fellas...
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:16 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,591 Posts
I had my super Cub out the other day. My girlfriend tried it out. I need a buddy box for her! She got to use the right stick and use the ailerons and rudder. I hope in time she will have her own cub!
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,710 Posts
You know you might never get your girlfriend back. My wife calls my planes my flying mistresses.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp2 View Post
I had my super Cub out the other day. My girlfriend tried it out. I need a buddy box for her! She got to use the right stick and use the ailerons and rudder. I hope in time she will have her own cub!
Any woman that tries to fly more than once is a keeper! If things progress in your relationship the only arguments over the hobby budget will be who gets the next plane. LOL.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:58 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
better she appreciates you giving her alone time and doesn't complain about what you spend than having to decide who gets the next new plane
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
better she appreciates you giving her alone time and doesn't complain about what you spend than having to decide who gets the next new plane
ditto. i'd hate to have something ugly sitting in my living room that she thought looked good (other than me of course).
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,710 Posts
Quote:
better she appreciates you giving her alone time and doesn't( complain )about what you spend than having to decide who gets the next new plane
Why do think my handle is Quitcherbitchen
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
ditto. i'd hate to have something ugly sitting in my living room that she thought looked good (other than me of course).

Laffing!

My ex looked better flying her broom than I do (trying) to fly my little Champ.

... Lennie
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Not to get too far off topic but one of the difficulties I'm encountering is finding a large enough area to fly in... Another reason for first getting the Champ.

The SC is nearly three times as large and will require a really large area in which this noob can try to fly it.

I have no clue as to the ability to use local school facilities... there are several and have beautiful, open areas that would certainly fill that need.

I have one local club and flying field, but the AMA dues, club dues and their miscellaneous fees would cost me close to $200 to buy in... I'd rather avoid that, especially not knowing just how involved I am going to get in this hobby.

... Lennie

Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:26 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
I have no clue as to the ability to use local school facilities... there are several and have beautiful, open areas that would certainly fill that need..
I would just go and fly there. If you are chucked off so be it. If not then fly there.
A lot of people fly on school fields.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i agree. if the gate is open and no one is using the open area go for it. it's not likely you will get tossed out unless you're causing property damage. whenever i have done it i get more interest than disapproval. same for local parks. some cops were called to a park (kids parents getting into a fight... way to raise your kids) and we got the thumbs up. even shot an approach over a couple of their cars as they were leaving. the only place we've been kicked out was at another park near my buddy's place. park had a specific rule against anything r/c (whether it be on the ground or in the air). the ranger was nice, though, and explained he only made it out to that park after 2pm. clearly we were okay to be there until he arrived. budget cuts over the last couple of years pretty much keeps the ranger away now, so we don't get kicked out at all. very big park, too, which makes it a nice place to fly.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Thanks for the input fellas...

That has been a significant concern of mine regarding the RC flying hobby...

Schools here in Texas are still out for break for another two or three weeks, so I have some time to 'test the waters'.

... Lennie

Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:28 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
No problemo! It's kinda neat seeing a place local to me getting recommended to others. It's a small world after all (repeat several times)....
great. Now that damn song will be stuck in my head all day. I'd rather read Gene-o's writings.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:44 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp2 View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but when connected with a buddy lead do the Tx's have to be the same mode?
My cub has a Mode 1 Dx4 Tx, I am looking to buy a DX6 but prefer Mode 2. My son wants to fly and was going to give him the 4ch and buddy box to the DX6.
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:41 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
great. Now that damn song will be stuck in my head all day. I'd rather read Gene-o's writings.

i refer you to that other guy's name.... Quitcherbitchen!