HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
i used this link: http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar...&numperpage=16. yeah, on some planes you have to click "add to cart" to get the price quote but its a minor annoyance since you don't have to commit to buy anything. i go into their location and check prices so i only use their website when hunting for the odd price i overlooked.

i have only asked questions at this location (no dealing with parts issues, warranty etc.). their reps are pretty knowledgable (spoke with them in person so not sure who you would get on the phone). ask for tyler for batteries and chargers and adam for general plane stuff.
First... sorry, I wasn't 'ragging' on you my friend...

So you've not bought from them?

I will be the first to say, their prices are excellent - when I'm ready to pull the trigger, I'll most likely give them first shot at my $$.

Thank you again, cmdl, very much appreciated!

... Lennie

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
First... sorry, I wasn't 'ragging' on you my friend...

So you've not bought from them?

I will be the first to say, their prices are excellent - when I'm ready to pull the trigger, I'll most likely give them first shot at my $$.

Thank you again, cmdl, very much appreciated!

... Lennie

i didn't think you were ragging on me - did my response make it seem so? my turn to apologize if it did. i was trying to give you the right info and may have not paid attention to what else i was writing.

i have bought from them - two planes and my thunder power charger. the flyzone sensei and the pz t28. if i had known about them earlier i would have bought other planes from them too.

what i meant by "only asked them questions" is that i directly dealt once with hobbico for a parts issue with the sensei. ultimate hobbies told me its quicker for me to deal with hobbico than go through them and so i emailed hobbico (hobbico was fast but if you ever deal with them email the general support, not air support). other than that i have never had to get real "support" on any plane i bought either with a manufacturer or with a lhs (i know, i'm a lucky guy ) . thats why i was trying to elaborate on everything to make sure it was what you were asking.

hope this is of help. let me know if i am addressing what you're asking or if i misunderstood.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
i didn't think you were ragging on me - did my response make it seem so? my turn to apologize if it did. i was trying to give you the right info and may have not paid attention to what else i was writing.

i have bought from them - two planes and my thunder power charger. the flyzone sensei and the pz t28. if i had known about them earlier i would have bought other planes from them too.

what i meant by "only asked them questions" is that i directly dealt once with hobbico for a parts issue with the sensei. ultimate hobbies told me its quicker for me to deal with hobbico than go through them and so i emailed hobbico (hobbico was fast but if you ever deal with them email the general support, not air support). other than that i have never had to get real "support" on any plane i bought either with a manufacturer or with a lhs (i know, i'm a lucky guy ) . thats why i was trying to elaborate on everything to make sure it was what you were asking.

hope this is of help. let me know if i am addressing what you're asking or if i misunderstood.
Great info, and thank you very much!

Hobbyzone did email me a 'code', good for a 10% discount on my next purchase, so that's another option for another plane.

Thanks again, cmdl!

... Lennie

Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:13 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Finally at last some settled weather has arrived, and to my amazement I managed four successful flights with the cub with no damage. A couple of bumpy landings and one nose over, but hey, weather permitting tomorrow will be more flying and no repairs.
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
for what it's worth, Ultimate Hobbies is my local shop at 3.4 miles from my house. they are well established.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
for what it's worth, Ultimate Hobbies is my local shop at 3.4 miles from my house. they are well established.
Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:59 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
No problemo! It's kinda neat seeing a place local to me getting recommended to others. It's a small world after all (repeat several times)....
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:07 AM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon View Post
Welcome aboard
Thank you realtimerecon, much appreciated!
Rcbyair is offline Find More Posts by Rcbyair
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
i'm glad its 40 miles for me or i would be so broke giving them all my $
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
i'm glad its 40 miles for me or i would be so broke giving them all my $
I can give ya their internet address...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,491 Posts
Quote:
I can give ya their internet address...
no can do. we californians believe in driving so we can guzzle gas and help the environment.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
no can do. we californians believe in driving so we can guzzle gas and help the environment.

Quick question on the HZ SC... (remember, I'm a noob):

The plane comes complete, and with the battery charger - what setup is the charger? Wall, AC, DC, alligator clips??

Thanks,

... Lennie
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Quick question on the HZ SC... (remember, I'm a noob):

The plane comes complete, and with the battery charger - what setup is the charger? Wall, AC, DC, alligator clips??

Thanks,

... Lennie
12Vdc Cig. lighter plug, and a wall adapter for that to hook up to your normal 110 AC
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,491 Posts
i would recommend using a non-stock charger. i use: http://thunderpowerrc.com/html/TP610CACDC.html. others here can recommend other good ones.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Quote:
i would recommend using a non-stock charger. i use: http://thunderpowerrc.com/html/TP610CACDC.html. others here can recommend other good ones.
Agreed. Drop a bit of cash now for a quality charger. Down the road you will thank yourself.

http://www.progressiverc.com/the-sta...20w-combo.html
That's a good combo to get you going, from a very good company. They have lots of other chargers and combos, if you want to get something that will keep up with you for a long, long time to come.

I just bought a Powerlab 6 from them, because my cheap hobbyking charger died. There's no comparison...the Powerlab is better in every way, and will charge anything and everything RC I have and could ever forsee having. That Icharger combo will be great until you graduate from parkfliers, then might start feeling a little small, but for a super cub it'll work just fine and then some.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag