HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:03 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
the whole number of servos supported by the built-in bec has always bothered me. on one hand, it's obvious only so much voltage can be handled by it. on the other, there are many new RTF models out that have upwards of 9 servos or more! For instance, this plane on my "to buy" list-

http://www.bananahobby.com/2076.html

10x 9gram servos plus the gear drive retracts!

so, i dunno. i don't worry much about it unless i've paid a lot (several hundred) for something.
You will not use all the servos,full throw, at their maximum torque at the same time, at which point would be their highest amp draw.
2500GENE is online now Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:18 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,434 Posts
I am so jealous

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3717968
She has a Super Cub on floats!
Crash
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:35 PM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
:0 .
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:20 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
I agree, Gene. Not all servos are used at the same time or at full throw. That A-10 is closer to 6 active servos (2 each for the aileron, elevator and rudder) but isn't something I'd be concerned with. R/C is leaping along like computer technology now so I tend to believe the claims of the electronics makers. Crazy, and wonderful, what we can do these days!
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:45 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashsiegel View Post
Crash
Yes, nice pontoons
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:16 AM
Joined Feb 2010
198 Posts
Quote:
Crash
Yeah, but her battery door is open.
girmann is offline Find More Posts by girmann
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
Louisville, Ky
Joined Jan 2009
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by girmann View Post
Yeah, but her battery door is open.

She can open my battery door anytime
lehrscott4 is offline Find More Posts by lehrscott4
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey guys! PIcture this... I just came running home crying because all the people who I thought were friends were being mean to each other and it made me sad :-(
Yeah, well home is the Super Cub thread and all those friends are people on other forums who are so rude on the other forums. Seriously, this forum is the only one that I have ever been a part of that people don't get jumped on because they ask a simple question. Huff, if you are reading this, I was thinking the same thing. When I started on rcgroups several years ago, I am so glad that the SC forum was here for me to ask all of my "dumb" questions because if I would have asked them in another thread, I would have most likely been turned off to RC planes! What a great thread this is!!!
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:20 PM
Newbury, VT
Joined Aug 2010
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
"...all the people who I thought were friends were being mean to each other and it made me sad :-( ...When I started on rcgroups several years ago, I am so glad that the SC forum was here for me to ask all of my "dumb" questions because if I would have asked them in another thread, I would have most likely been turned off to RC planes! What a great thread this is!!!
They're pretty civil over on the HZ Champ Mod and other Champ threads too but this one takes the prize for ROTFLOL wacked out humor!

LaneVT
LaneVT is offline Find More Posts by LaneVT
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:28 PM
Admitted Absolute Airplane NUT
Claremore, OK
Joined Mar 2009
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneVT View Post
They're pretty civil over on the HZ Champ Mod and other Champ threads too but this one takes the prize for ROTFLOL wacked out humor!

LaneVT
With this collection of characters, there's no telling what's liable to happen. Fun bunch, but of course I ONLY hang out with the best.
MMax7856 is offline Find More Posts by MMax7856
Old Jan 12, 2011, 02:59 PM
FAA - Foam Abusers Anonymous
USA, MN, Blaine
Joined May 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Crash
That Super Cub has a girl in a bikini!!!
That's what I'm jealous of...
dazed&confuzed is offline Find More Posts by dazed&confuzed
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:46 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
gorilla Glue

Okay Gene-O, ya told me how to get it on (gorilla glue), now how the heck do I get it off. It says mineral spirits, but it aint woooorrrking. My hands look like they got Vittiglio.
Little strips are starting to come off, but I cant tell if it's GG, or flesh....
Is this another of yore sicko Yankee trix?
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Hey guys! PIcture this... I just came running home crying because all the people who I thought were friends were being mean to each other and it made me sad :-(
Yeah, well home is the Super Cub thread and all those friends are people on other forums who are so rude on the other forums. Seriously, this forum is the only one that I have ever been a part of that people don't get jumped on because they ask a simple question. Huff, if you are reading this, I was thinking the same thing. When I started on rcgroups several years ago, I am so glad that the SC forum was here for me to ask all of my "dumb" questions because if I would have asked them in another thread, I would have most likely been turned off to RC planes! What a great thread this is!!!
So ya gonna just take shet from somebody??

I had a dude name of ....... ...... belittle me to the point that he had me convinced my Dad was a scalawag and my Momma nothin but an injun whore.
I did a lil research on his posts, brought to light his previous errors and he ended up crawling away. The mean, ugly people Ty, are the least secure.
Their M.O., is to attack before being attacked. You see them in your school every day.Bullies??
Dont take no merde from nobody! except of course Mrs. Ty
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:46 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Okay Gene-O, ya told me how to get it on (gorilla glue), now how the heck do I get it off. It says mineral spirits, but it aint woooorrrking. My hands look like they got Vittiglio.
Little strips are starting to come off, but I cant tell if it's GG, or flesh....
Is this another of yore sicko Yankee trix?
What did you think you were messing with? Elmers?
It's water soluble unit it cures. Then is grinding wheels and jack hammers.

My bad.
It does say " keep out of the reach of children" and in real small print under that.." also those from Georgia"
2500GENE is online now Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:56 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
So ya gonna just take shet from somebody??

I had a dude name of ....... ...... belittle me to the point that he had me convinced my Dad was a scalawag and my Momma nothin but an injun whore.
I did a lil research on his posts, brought to light his previous errors and he ended up crawling away. The mean, ugly people Ty, are the least secure.
Their M.O., is to attack before being attacked. You see them in your school every day.Bullies??
Dont take no merde from nobody! except of course Mrs. Ty
yeah nuthin but a bunch of turds on a lot of forums :-) They actually weren't commenting to me but a new member to rcgroups asked an honest question and several guys jumped on him and pretty much told him that he was a lazy POS. Huffy did a great job of saying how stupid that was and how great forums like the SC is and that reminded me of how welcoming and comforting this forum is compared to ANY other forum I have ever been on!
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn