SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:09 AM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
Welcome cloaked, to the world of Super Cub crashes, my original SC at 6 months old would only get 6 or 7 min of flight out of a 2200 lipo bat because it had so much glue, ca, skewers, toothpicks and tape on it, I broke the tail off and did a quickie glue job, I always had to add right rudder after that to fly straight, but it still flew.

As for being able to SEE your airplane in flight, this article helped a lot. Don't Color Me Gone

One of the problems with military paint schemes is they do not lend themselves to high visibility in the air. I try to keep the "top" of the aircraft looking "cool" but the "underside" of the plane I paint so I can see it well from the ground when it is in the air. They all look good at 25 ft away and 25 mph/kph.

Check out our first year of flying video, you like seeing crashes...

mm

The Flying Adventures of The Hangar 3 Boy's '08 (6 min 24 sec)

Thanks mate, that was a pretty good video made me feel alot better.

Any ways a progress report.

I used about 3 sticks of hot glue on the tail and the wing and then about 5 feet of good Scotch packaging tape. And it feels pretty strong.

I have to wait untill Tuesday when my replacement tail gets here. There was no saving it.

Ill post pics when she flies again.

And you were right Ty Horn it feels incredibly strong where that glue is, best 11 bucks I ever spent!
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2011, 09:22 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Sweet cloaked.
Feels pretty good to know that you got that thing fixed up without buying a whole new plane huh?
We are gettting 7-12 inches of fresh snow today. You should strap some skis on and bring her over :-)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jan 09, 2011, 09:39 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Sweet cloaked.
Feels pretty good to know that you got that thing fixed up without buying a whole new plane huh?
We are gettting 7-12 inches of fresh snow today. You should strap some skis on and bring her over :-)
If cloaked comes over to fly tomorrow, I will too.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Jan 09, 2011, 09:59 AM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
I kind of wish I lived closer to some of you guys. It really would be fun to get a bunch of SC fliers together from the forums some day!
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Haha wish I could make the trip back to North America and back to Canada.

Went snowboarding over there back in 06 love Vancouver and Kelowna, had a very memorable time with a lovely lady in Washington and I really dont know what the hell Katey Perry was singing about with Californian Girls.

Sure there great..... but my SC has less plastic.

OH btw...

crappy picture, but there she is waiting for her new tail.

Ill give a flight report once the tail arrives and the rains buggers off.

Now a serious question, does anyone know what sort of power levels can be run through this DSM2 Receiver/ESC Unit: SC LP BNF Its the BNF reciever for the SC LP and its what I have bound to my DX5e.

I want to know if it could handle the power from my 30C 2200mah lipos and going through to the Corsair Motor if not thats cool, thought it would be good to give the SC some more power... then again maybe not after the weekend
Last edited by cloaked; Jan 09, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:34 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Haha wish I could make the trip back to North America and back to Canada.

OH btw...

Now a serious question, does anyone know what sort of power levels can be run through this DSM2 Receiver/ESC Unit: SC LP BNF Its the BNF reciever for the SC LP and its what I have bound to my DX5e.

I want to know if it could handle the power from my 30C 2200mah lipos and going through to the Corsair Motor if not thats cool, thought it would be good to give the SC some more power... then again maybe not after the weekend
You may find the motor will have 1 more lead then the esc/rx has.
That motor is brushless (BL) and your LPs esc/rx is brushed. So it won't work unless you swap out the esc to a BL one and a new dsm2 rx.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:56 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
I kind of wish I lived closer to some of you guys. It really would be fun to get a bunch of SC fliers together from the forums some day!
You wouldnt say that if youd ever met Gene_o

TE=2500GENE;17054003]You may find the motor will have 1 more lead then the esc/rx has.
That motor is brushless (BL) and your LPs esc/rx is brushed. So it won't work unless you swap out the esc to a BL one and a new dsm2 rx.[/QUOTE]

Gaawd Im gone a day and 4 pages to catch up. Skewers worked fine for me, but I quickly found another place to break it at. I wouldnt skewer, paint, nor do anything fancy with your 1 st cub.But you couldn.t have gotten me to do
"nothing" with my 1st one either.
I di have a nice chuckle at the "wreckage". I thought heck, thats justa flesh wound. Whoever said hangar rash, that was funny too.

Gene-O, not that I trust you, you being a yankee and all, but in your experience, is there a difference in the strengths of "brown" Vs White" Gorilla Glue? The application will be glueing foam wing pieces together, if that makes a diff. What say yee, yankee?
Oh hey, day 8 no smoke. Maybe with enuff money, I can bribe the wifey nto comin back home....
JK. it wasnt near as bad or as hard as I thought.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Jan 09, 2011, 05:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
You may find the motor will have 1 more lead then the esc/rx has.
That motor is brushless (BL) and your LPs esc/rx is brushed. So it won't work unless you swap out the esc to a BL one and a new dsm2 rx.
Gaawd Im gone a day and 4 pages to catch up. Skewers worked fine for me, but I quickly found another place to break it at. I wouldnt skewer, paint, nor do anything fancy with your 1 st cub.But you couldn.t have gotten me to do
"nothing" with my 1st one either.
I di have a nice chuckle at the "wreckage". I thought heck, thats justa flesh wound. Whoever said hangar rash, that was funny too.

Gene-O, not that I trust you, you being a yankee and all, but in your experience, is there a difference in the strengths of "brown" Vs White" Gorilla Glue? The application will be glueing foam wing pieces together, if that makes a diff. What say yee, yankee?
Oh hey, day 8 no smoke. Maybe with enuff money, I can bribe the wifey nto comin back home....
Congrats on the no smoko NW, I know its hard as I saw what my dad went through when he had to give them up a second time. I actually ended up getting him one the oringinal Gameboys along with Tetris to keep his fingers active and keep his mind off of the smokes.

Hahaha the G/F just sent me this message...

"Your birthday is coming up do you like this?"

Hmm do I say yes or no :P
Last edited by cloaked; Jan 09, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 05:55 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post

If Ty lived near me he would never make a statement like that again.

I started with the brown stuff. It works great but expands a lot. So I try the white version. Seem to expand less but I think it was just a matter of being used to Gorilla glue so I used less. Both hold stronger then you to a Bud Lite but I like the white better just for the color on white foam. I'd use some "moral support" also on a wing with either skewers (sorry Ty) or CF.

Great news on your not smoking. I'll go in and tell your wife it's time to go home.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 06:03 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Hahaha the G/F just sent me this message...

"Your birthday is coming up do you like this?"

Hmm do I say yes or no :P
I say you email her back using advice from Brett Favre.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 06:27 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
I say you email her back using advice from Brett Favre.
Oh I get it, send some photo of my Junk.

Not sure that will get me anywhere, after 5 years im sure she has seen it.
Last edited by cloaked; Jan 09, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:18 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
I don't know Gene, you guys don't hear most of the thoughts in my head...
I just like to know that there is someone else like me out there and I would rather not steal your thunder here on the forums. My own community can't handle all of me. I just couldn't do that to this community as well.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 09:39 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,978 Posts
Quote:

Hi Cloaked,

The SC LP is designed for 12 - 15A, so running the Corsair motor 25 - 30A would be asking for trouble. Of course, power used is totally dependent on the prop, but assuming you want more power....

As Gene points out, the LP BNF black box is also a brushed motor ESC, not brushless. HOWEVER, the LP BNF black box does have an output for a brushless ESC to be used.... so just grab yourself a 30A or 40A brushless ESC, plug it into the LP BNF DSM2 module and you are good to go with the module you already have.

Cheers

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Jan 09, 2011, 10:05 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
Hi Cloaked,

The SC LP is designed for 12 - 15A, so running the Corsair motor 25 - 30A would be asking for trouble. Of course, power used is totally dependent on the prop, but assuming you want more power....

As Gene points out, the LP BNF black box is also a brushed motor ESC, not brushless. HOWEVER, the LP BNF black box does have an output for a brushless ESC to be used.... so just grab yourself a 30A or 40A brushless ESC, plug it into the LP BNF DSM2 module and you are good to go with the module you already have.

Cheers

Toppers

Thanks Mate, really informative post.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 11:21 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
If Ty lived near me he would never make a statement like that again.

truer words mate, truer words

I started with the brown stuff. It works great but expands a lot. So I try the white version. Seem to expand less but I think it was just a matter of being used to Gorilla glue so I used less. Both hold stronger then you to a Bud Lite but I like the white better just for the color on white foam. I'd use some "moral support" also on a wing with either skewers (sorry Ty) or CF.

Great news on your not smoking. I'll go in and tell your wife it's time to go home.
Thanks on all 3 accounts. But she'll have to stay a while. Nother blizzard goin on here in the ATL.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare