HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,074 Posts
Wopa, I used hot glue! It's holding really well on the over powered SC wing. I use a yellow stronger type of glue, 50 flights = no problems.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,958 Posts
Thats pretty daring in my opinion. I keep reading that nothing sticks very well to EPO foam. I would at least sink the screws in with some glue or something man.
Could always land with rudder i guess.

Like your plane. One thing to remember tho is try to get the control horn holes in line with the aileron pivot. Yours in a little behind the pivot line.

Im having same problem. The wing is so thick that the V shaped cut needs to be wide. That is pushing the control horn back so that it has some foam to sit on.

I need to find a longer reach control horn. Made an extended reach horn outta 2 horns for the rudder. But its glued together. Dont trust it.
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop View Post
How do you guys attach your control horns to homemade ailerons?

The ailerons is too thick for the screw to reach. So....whats best?

Notch the underside of the aileron so the screws reach?

I read that glue doesnt stick well to plastic horns. What if you scuff them?

What about glueing the screws into the foam and not use the backer plate?

SuperChub
The answer is right in front of your face.
Look at your rudder and elevator control horn.
Buy some more, cut them down and drill your own holes for the rods.

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7121.html
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Last edited by 2500GENE; Apr 14, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,958 Posts
Can you guys post pics off your phone gallery?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,958 Posts
Can't see link. No permission..but ma??

Im using the larger sized dubro horns for rudder. Extended it that was the pic I came to post.

The those black dubro MICRO RAZOR horns are strong enough for a cub aileron?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:32 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Can you guys post pics off your phone gallery?
No, I have a old one.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:37 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Can't see link. No permission..but ma??

Im using the larger sized dubro horns for rudder. Extended it that was the pic I came to post.

The those black dubro MICRO RAZOR horns are strong enough for a cub aileron?
...here

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7121.html
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
Joined Nov 2011
3,074 Posts
So far so good...
I know it's not perfect. But it's good enough for the girls I go with

I don't sweat the SC details... It's over powered & held together with rubber bands for God sake.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Would a broken prop cause a plane to just veer to the left and not take off? I crashed my Super Cub and ended up with a broken Cowl and some chips in the wings, and also the tail came off. I fixed those up and went to take off but all it did was go left and didn't get airborn. It was then that I noticed that maybe half an inch or so had come off one end of the propeller, which I have now replaced. I haven't had a chance to go to fly it yet but would like to make sure it should all be fine before going to the field.
Joelster is offline Find More Posts by Joelster
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Joel - I think you know the answer to that.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
OK thanks, obviously I do know the answer and shouldn't have posted. Next time I will try the beginner forum.
Joelster is offline Find More Posts by Joelster
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:53 AM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelster View Post
OK thanks, obviously I do know the answer and shouldn't have posted. Next time I will try the beginner forum.
You are in the right fourm to post any questions you may have on the SC.

A broken prop will cause alot of shaking when you power up, not letting the motor get up to speed to provide enough thrust to take off....but not pull to the left on the ground.
Start with the basics. Make sure the wheels are straight. Make sure the tail is on straight and rudder is aligned with it. If it still acts up then post some pictures of the tail section and perhaps we'll notice something.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
Joined Nov 2011
3,074 Posts
Sometimes what is obvious to one is a mystery to another.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelster View Post
I was NOT trying to offend you. I guess I should have included a "smile" so you knew I was being sarcastic, not being mean and nasty.

You are in the right area, stay around and you will get help. Anything broken needs to be replaced before you fly again. These little critters are fairly delicate and the least vibration is not good and may tear the plane apart. That is why folks balance everything right down to a gnats ................
Look at a youtube on prop balancing. Even a brand new prop may not be balanced close enough.

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,958 Posts
Ok i been thinking. So here it goes. W TF is up with the SuperChub??? I feel like there are hard core plane enthusiasts who say and do stupid things once the superCub enters the arena. I will give two examples.

On the main HobbyZone website you can click on the HZ superCub. There you find specs and modification instructions. The first major flaw is the darn website says the superCub COG is between 2.5-3 inches. That confuses new pilots like me. The COG of a plane does not have a range. Also the COG of the superCub is not even between the range they give. W TF?

Second problem is the rudder modification they teach. The designer moves the control horn forward to a meatier section of the rudder. But now the control horn is no longer in line with the pivot. Thats a major flaw to me. Or is it? Does it matter? I want symmetry between my stick inputs.

So my point...i dont frieken know. Wanted to post the picture of the control horn mod i did to bring the holes back in line with the pivot.

Its 2 control horns epoxied together. I have read glues dont stick well to the nylon horns. But just like the main HobbyZone website you cant believe everything you read.

-----
Cant write the word W T F on this forum. Oh how cute. Reinforcing the dorky never get laid vibe that goes with RC.