HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 03:07 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i can't wait until the new thread hits over 5 pages so i can click on "last" instead of the much narrower #.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:54 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
a heavier plane is faster which means greater affect from the flaps. not enough to overcome the extra speed but you're more likely to see some result from the deflection. if, however, they are simply made larger you are creating a lot more drag. add a proper hinge and you get more lift along with the drag (creating a larger wing) and lower stall speed.

I got ya now. Same quandry that exists with the cub applies to the airliner. Theres scarcely any room to make "effective" flaps. I'm thinking those hinges I posted make a difference on the airliner. If they work on that, I may consider them for the Cub. I've flown rugflyers multiplex "fun cub" with flaps and while they aren'tr necessary, did make for more interesting flights.

awesome! when i can, i'll get some of those. the back and down movement should work much better.

have had too much crap going on (seems like forever now) and have had no place to work on it. especially now with holidays approaching. i've been living vicariously through your videos.
Dont watch them at work you'll fall asleep and get busted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
There will be some things. I don't know about great....but there will be some things.
Dont be so modest. I hope you get good enough with fabricating it that you teach us a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky View Post
Checking into the new SC thread.....now to find my batterys....I hate moving.
Welcome to the thread, neighbor.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Nov 17, 2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:55 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
I watch movies all night long at work. What do you think keeps me awake?! We can do that here, so no getting busted for me :P
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
I watch movies all night long at work. What do you think keeps me awake?! We can do that here, so no getting busted for me :P
Nice work if you can get it eh?
BTW, try using the "first unread" button on the left side of the page.

and from the FWIW dept...
Nano Techs are still coming down evenly balanced. Still holding power throughout the curve despite the high, fast draw of my edf. So they would be killer in the Cub..
Too early to tell as to their longevity yet.But for the price...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:07 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Nice work if you can get it eh?
BTW, try using the "first unread" button on the left side of the page.

and from the FWIW dept...
Nano Techs are still coming down evenly balanced. Still holding power throughout the curve despite the high, fast draw of my edf. So they would be killer in the Cub..
Too early to tell as to their longevity yet.But for the price...
Probably last even longer if you didn't smash them into the ground every other day.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:17 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,988 Posts
Quote:
i can't wait until the new thread hits over 5 pages so i can click on "last" instead of the much narrower #.
Try using this as your shortcut...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7&goto=newpost

Copy and paste it into the properties of your shortcut.

Somehow, it know the last post you looked at and always takes you to the next one.... even when using two or more machines..... it knows. Clever stuff.
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:21 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Probably last even longer if you didn't smash them into the ground every other day.
Dont hate
Shouldnt you be at your work-release job by now. Ya know your probie's gonna bust ya.

Speaking of smashing lipo's...my shaky neighbor went with me saturday and puh-lowed his jet into asphalt. Unbeknownst to me, he puts his smashed up 4 cell lipo in the floor of my minivan.@hours later when we're packing up, he reaches into the van, comes out with the lipo and says "man this is hotter than a fircracker". I almost beat his arse on the spot. The verbal lashings lasted all the way home.

Saw where you had major winds there in scalawag city. Hope you still got a roof on your tent.
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Nov 17, 2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:57 AM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
Subscribed
FuntanaS is offline Find More Posts by FuntanaS
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:37 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i get to this thread through my sub'd threads page. it's okay, we're almost there.

still saving up for a lot of plane stuff but the nano techs are on the list. like you say, "for the price..."

i have a lipo that's been sitting in this room for a while. looks like i crashed it into something, though i can't remember what. thankfully, it seems to be intact despite the rugged looks. i have another lipo sitting in a cinder block on my patio. puffed quite a bit and has been there for a year or more now. it's scary!

now, to win the lottery.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
The smell of CA in the morning
Navarro County, Tx
Joined Aug 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
You must work for a govenment agency. I know I worked for the City of Santa Ana for 22 years. That's whee I found this site.

Wes
tdub is offline Find More Posts by tdub
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:00 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Dont hate
Shouldnt you be at your work-release job by now. Ya know your probie's gonna bust ya.

Speaking of smashing lipo's...my shaky neighbor went with me saturday and puh-lowed his jet into asphalt. Unbeknownst to me, he puts his smashed up 4 cell lipo in the floor of my minivan.@hours later when we're packing up, he reaches into the van, comes out with the lipo and says "man this is hotter than a fircracker". I almost beat his arse on the spot. The verbal lashings lasted all the way home.

Saw where you had major winds there in scalawag city. Hope you still got a roof on your tent.

Wind was nasty today. Almost lost the out-house.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:08 PM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Wind was nasty today. Almost lost the out-house.
I hate it when that happens.
Takes the wifey forever to get out there and dig us new one.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
Balsa taste like chicken!
USA, MS, Columbus
Joined Jun 2006
490 Posts
I have "indoor" plumbing, ,,,,,,A 5-gallon bucket!
A74Charger is offline Find More Posts by A74Charger
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:36 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A74Charger View Post
I have "indoor" plumbing, ,,,,,,A 5-gallon bucket!
Now don't be gettin all fancy pants on us now and showing off. Dale's wife does a fine job with her shovel. You should have seen her dig out a old hickory stump he had on the side of the double wide last week. Me n Dale were only 1/2 way through the 30 pack when she was draggin it to the creek.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:55 PM
Airspeed, altitude, and brains
Wolverine MI Northern Lower Peninsula
Joined Feb 2009
439 Posts
Speaking of outhouses...have y'all seen this one?

AIRCRAFT CRASHES INTO FOUR BUILDINGS AT AIR SHOW
flightphotog is offline Find More Posts by flightphotog