Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:27 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodair View Post
Gene,
too late i used what i had on hands Epoxy 30 min..and showed 4 tooth pick up her..at the same time.
It s/b Ok.
Now the prop on her seam to have been temper with (re-cut) to ~9" and it totally out balance what do you suggest on stock motor stock batteries etc?
Roger
Stock can mean NiMh battery or 3c lipo if you have a LP version.
Either GWS10x6DD or 10x8DD will be safe. If you have a lipo and stock motor the 10x6.DD for most flying. This is a common prop and your LHS will have them.

Also after all these repairs, make sure your center of gravity is still at 2.25 inches from the leading edge. You do NOT want to fly it if its tail heavy.

Q
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:59 PM
What goes up must come down..
Canada, QC, Saint-Laurent
Joined Jan 2002
1,718 Posts
Gene,
I have the LP version.. and GWS10x6DD is on the list NOT EP1060 (what is the diffence the color?)

Next question I was also given an E-flite balancing Lipo charger Model # LP3000-3 that is suppose to run from a car battery (Black and Red clamps) but cannot find any doc's about this one..
Do you suggest to use this one since it have different (variable rate of charge!) or the combo cigarette lighter and dc wall charger that is in the box? again not too much info's.

As for flying and Center of gravity don't worry I would need skis first a "radio"* and do some de-icing on the wings rpior to, so it will not be anytime soon.

I took good note of that dim 2.25" from LE. and I'll mark the wings!

* I bought a used radio here from a good man at RCG..at a price I could refuse since he upgrade his, for the time being, I mist a good buy from the guy that gave me this charger but I don't know then..
I want to try and see / have some fun to start with then will see, that I move next to a huge park.

Roger
rodair is offline Find More Posts by rodair
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:27 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Gene,
I have the LP version.. and GWS10x6DD is on the list NOT EP1060 (what is the diffence the color?)

Color doesn't matter. With GWS dd is direct drive. Just stay away from the ones listed as SF or slow fly props. Right now, its not what you need. EP is used by GWS for both versions. There's more but why confuse you with all this now.

Next question I was also given an E-flite balancing Lipo charger Model # LP3000-3 that is suppose to run from a car battery (Black and Red clamps) but cannot find any doc's about this one..
Do you suggest to use this one since it have different (variable rate of charge!) or the combo cigarette lighter and dc wall charger that is in the box? again not too much info's.

No matter how you power the charger. Just make sure you only charge the lipo at 1C it's rating. If the battery is a 3 cell 1300 lipo, chare it at 1.3 amps max. If its a 1500mAh then 1.5amp max....or less.

As for flying and Center of gravity don't worry I would need skis first a "radio"* and do some de-icing on the wings rpior to, so it will not be anytime soon.

I took good note of that dim 2.25" from LE. and I'll mark the wings!

* I bought a used radio here from a good man at RCG..at a price I could refuse since he upgrade his, for the time being, I mist a good buy from the guy that gave me this charger but I don't know then..
I want to try and see / have some fun to start with then will see, that I move next to a huge park.

Roger
You'll be flying before X mas.

Q

ps: did I mention i have 3 wiener dogs jumping at at me right now trying to get my pizza?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:35 PM
Rock Chalk Hawks!!!!
Wichita, Ks
Joined Oct 2009
310 Posts
Give 'em some pizza. It's the Holidays!
Hootch is offline Find More Posts by Hootch
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:45 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
Give 'em some pizza. It's the Holidays!
Oh, they get thier share of pizza.....but gotta be careful they don't get fat.

Quote:
Gene, or all,
too late I used what I had on hands Epoxy 30 min..and showed 4 tooth pick up her..at the same time.
It s/b Ok.
Now the prop on her seam to have been temper with (re-cut) to ~9" and it totally out balance what do you suggest on stock motor stock batteries etc?
Else than the stock one that is more available to me (GWS ).
I have some GWS one:
EP 9047 x 3 blades?
EP 1247 X 2
APC 9X6 X 2 (hole won't fit the prop shaft)
So I have nothing close to 10 x 8.

Roger
Just saw your edit there..

forget the 3 blade props on the stock motor.
The 12x4.7 is a SF (slow fly) prop. Forget that until you get a brushless motor of some omph.

The APC 9x6, if it's an E prop, will work in a pinch. If the hole is too small ream it out with scissors, it's it's too big you are missing the adapter rings. Save it.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2002
1,718 Posts
Thanks, Gene,
I was reading you blog about making one from parts, I should have read that one first!
I'll need skis for sure then..if I wan to fly by Xmas here, how does lipo are in cold weather?
I agree it's thanksgiving c'mon give them some pizza.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:58 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Gene,
I was reading you blog about making one from parts, I should have read that one first!
I'll need skis for sure then..if I wan to fly by Xmas here, how does lipo are in cold weather?
Hey, don't be giving my pizza away....

Lipos hate the cold. Keep them in your pocket until you hook them up. Once you start to discharge them they get warm on their own and stay happy. If you're crazy and want to fly all day the get a small cooler or insulated bag and one of those hand warmer packs where you crush them and they produce heat to throw in with the batteries. WARNING: They will also warm your beer that you snuck in there. Other then that, just watch out for polar bears.

Q
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:03 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Gene,
oh, also....I hear the floats the sell work very well on snow. 25 bucks I think.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:26 PM
Joined Jan 2002
1,718 Posts
Gene
polar bears! lol..
wheels s/b ok for now..
maybe floats only if I succeed to fly...
All I can say is she didn't flew much or the put new wings and tail surfaces prior to put her at auction but doubt it very much.
What makes me saying so is the bad weld at the ESC part of the radio..
I JUST HOPE THE MOTOR DIDN'T SUFFER
look.
Last edited by rodair; Nov 26, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:54 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Gene
polar bears! lol..
wheels s/b ok for now..
maybe floats only if I succeed to fly...
All I can say is she didn't flew much or the put new wings and tail surfaces prior to put her at auction but doubt it very much.
What makes me saying so is the bad weld at the ESC part of the radio..
I JUST HOPE THE MOTOR DIDN'T SUFFER
look.
Swap out the radio and esc if needed.
Are you using a translator from French to English? If so it's not working too well.

Your motor will be fine. It's the esc that gets hit.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:59 PM
Joined Jan 2002
1,718 Posts
No you mean my English is so poor?
Shezz
That's what i'll do I told I have one on it's way here different channel that makes me thinking if anyone ever make a box out of a TX ?
maybe it's time for me to call it the day..
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:06 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
No you mean my English is so poor?
Shezz
That's what i'll do I told I have one on it's way here different channel that makes me thinking if anyone ever make a box out of a TX ?
maybe it's time for me to call it the day..
That ok. My English is Sheezz too.

G'dnight.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:38 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
...I hate things that smell funny especially when eating pizza.

Q
Definitely not into Anchovies then, I take it?

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:47 AM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
How do you guys reinforce the foam section where the tail wheel attaches?
I have been doing crosss wind landings in the cold, and it broke one side of the "covering" on the rudder.
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:24 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,100 Posts
When the covering breaks I peel off the area where the crack/break is and use Gorilla Glue or Epoxy with white tissue to stiffen it back up...thin balsa sheet would work too..
Brent Slensker is online now Find More Posts by Brent Slensker