HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:02 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Nav ever tell you how he lost his job with the Navy?
No, no, the thing with the bomb and the fork lift is just a canard started by an ex-flame.
No this is Nav's story:
Crash

It's amazing the things you can make up with google images...

BTW, a canard Super Cub?
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,958 Posts
How are they different man? Im new to RC so some flight terms i might not understand.
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:28 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,434 Posts
A canard aircraft has the stab or or small control surface in front of the main wing:
Full scale:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canard_(aeronautics)
A model
http://tbmodel.en.made-in-china.com/...ane-Model.html
A model of a full-scale:
http://www.vamodelbuilders.com/longe...plane-arf.html

The canard design tends to have a "no stall" advantage. The small "wing" forward is designed to stall before the main wing, resulting in the nose coming down before the wing stalls and bad stuff happens. General theory anyway.
Crash
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:47 AM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts

There she is, missing a piece couldnt find it anywhere in the car, think it flew out when I had the window Open
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Mar 27, 2011, 02:29 AM
Crimson Swine...
Australia, VIC, Romsey
Joined Jul 2003
230 Posts
@Cloaked: Ouch!! That's nasty. I think she's terminal. I've bought a few spares for mine from Modelflight (smashed cowling and broken motor mount) and I noticed they have quite a few spares in stock for this model. I think I saw wings and fuselages on the list of spares but I'm thinking you might need to go back to Square 1 and start again with a new kit. Might be cheaper than buying it as spares (like the old Holden Commodore analogy...). Good luck.
mc411800 is offline Find More Posts by mc411800
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:55 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Wassenaar
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post

There she is, missing a piece couldnt find it anywhere in the car, think it flew out when I had the window Open
try hopmeup.com
http://www.hopmeup.com/Hobbyzone/Champ-RTF/sc450703/
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:59 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Wassenaar
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeabres View Post
The correct link:

http://www.hopmeup.com/Hobbyzone/Sup...orLanding/true
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:01 AM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc411800 View Post
@Cloaked: Ouch!! That's nasty. I think she's terminal. I've bought a few spares for mine from Modelflight (smashed cowling and broken motor mount) and I noticed they have quite a few spares in stock for this model. I think I saw wings and fuselages on the list of spares but I'm thinking you might need to go back to Square 1 and start again with a new kit. Might be cheaper than buying it as spares (like the old Holden Commodore analogy...). Good luck.
Thanks Mate, have used Model Flight heaps great store and great service.

Thinking thats the end of my SC for the time being. Still waiting on the Aluminium motor mount for it to But I want to try some scratch builds and a combat wing. Ill hang around this thread and surprise everyone with a new SC.

Stay tuned
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:52 AM
Newbury, VT
Joined Aug 2010
262 Posts
Quote:

Uhhh...yeah Cloaked...think that one's done for. Or not...could glue the wings back together and attach 'em to that fuse stub. Call it a "clipped fuselage Cub"

LaneVT
LaneVT is offline Find More Posts by LaneVT
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:21 AM
Newbury, VT
Joined Aug 2010
262 Posts
"the mission"

OK men, listen up. As you all know, last Sunday at approximately 1730 hours, our asset, code named “SUPER CUB” (SC) was captured while on a routine mission by the ruthless TALL TREE TERRORIST CELL. Initially, SC was being held in the highest part of the notorious “ASH PRISON COMPLEX” and so was totally beyond any rescue effort we could possibly mount. Fortunately, that first night, SC was moved closer to the ground out of the Enemy’s fear that SC might be liberated by our sometimes ally, THE WIND. SC’s new holding cell in the equally notorious “HEMLOCK PRISON”, while at first hopeful, has proven stubbornly impervious to our rescue efforts. The first attempt utilizing the PVC THRASHER Weapons System failed when it became apparent that SC’s cell was simply out of the THRASHER System's effective operational range. Operations in the steep, icy, snow choked terrain while under constant harassment by the prison complex’s surrounding TREE GUARD REGIMENTwas a secondary factor. The second attempt, code named “FISHING ROD” was thwarted by the Enemy’s very effective “BRANCHES” defensive network. Both teams returned cold and exhausted from their efforts but undaunted in their determination to rescue SC from the enemy.

As of yesterday morning’s intel report, SC was still 40 feet up in the same “HEMLOCK” cell. Plans were being drawn up to mount a high risk effort code named “LADDERS” when we finally caught a break. Last night scouts returned with the news that fear of THE WIND had again prompted the enemy to move SC into another “HEMLOCK” cell 20 feet closer to the ground. We believe this is a tactical blunder on the Enemy’s side and is the break we have been hoping for.

In one hour, at 0845, we will launch "OPERATION FINAL SOLUTION". SC is now well within range of the PVC THRASHER System and the tactical P.O.L.E. S.A.W. System. Today, failure is not an option men. Gear up and be ready to move out at the appointed hour. Ready?...BOOYAH!!

LaneVT
LaneVT is offline Find More Posts by LaneVT
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:46 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Since when do I listen to you?

Nice cub. Big bucks but you get a cool trailer. Not as big as your double wide but it probably has indoor plumbing.

Bet you don't have the begonnas to post THAT video.
Since when did I ever post OTP here..

Anyways...
Bout time you jabbed back at me. I was worried you'd lost yer testosterone supplements.Again...
Jeez... it's my 49th Birthday today and here I am jabbing with you, cuz its pouring outside.
BTW...I'm still smoke free, AND I'M STILL LOOKIN for all that money I was SUPPOSED to have saved..Food does not taste better, but my smell is so good now, I can tell if somebody cut the cheese from 50 feet.
Oh the bennies

Quote:
[
Play taps and have a nice landlubber military funeral for her shipmate.Burial at sea is problematic. It stopped up my toilet when I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneVT View Post
In one hour, at 0845, we will launch "OPERATION FINAL SOLUTION". SC is now well within range of the PVC THRASHER System and the tactical P.O.L.E. S.A.W. System. Today, failure is not an option men. Gear up and be ready to move out at the appointed hour. Ready?...BOOYAH!!

LaneVT
Go get em mate!! Good luck!!.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Mar 27, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashsiegel View Post
Oh Drat! The pics aren't here.
Try again.

Isn't amazing what a little imagination can do.
You should ask me about how I broke (and fixed my Super Cub).
Loooooong story!
Crash
LMAO

Okay, how'd you break and fix your cub?.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:10 AM
Outstanding in the field of...
New Haven, CT., USA
Joined Feb 2006
2,051 Posts
Quote:
There she is, missing a piece couldn't find it anywhere in the car, think it flew out when I had the window Open
Wow!
If that don't make you blow chunks out yer snot locker, then I don't know what would.
Max Headspeed is offline Find More Posts by Max Headspeed
Last edited by Max Headspeed; Mar 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:02 AM
Colorado Springs, CO.
Joined Mar 2009
327 Posts
Ya know Cloaked, that you can get a better price on glue if you buy it by the gallon.
Scarface26 is offline Find More Posts by Scarface26