SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:19 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Discussion
Burns Surfboard

Today I bought something I have always wanted. A SURFBOARD!!

I was driving around this morning and I saw a garage sale. I noticed the surfboard leaning against the house and said, "If it is still there when I drive home I'll stop." Well it was so I stopped and took a look.

What I found was a 6' Carl Burns Custom. It's really rough, it looks like it got left in a car that sat in the sun. The top of the deck looks much better now that I scraped off all the old wax and grime. I bottom on the other hand needs some work. There is a large area of de-lamination that is all bubbled and wrinkled. This area will have to be cut away and repaired along with the nose, a piece on the rail, and a small patch on the tail. The trick is going to be making the repairs without making them SUPER obvious. That won't be too hard though because the base is a brownish yellow. Also there are some previous repairs where the fiberglass cloth is exposed.

The best thing about this board hands down was the price! I paid less that $10 for it. There may have been a reason, but with a little work, even if it won't look super nice, this board will be as good as new.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Last edited by HawkerTyphoon; Nov 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts