SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:37 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Couldn't Stay Home

Took the Neon Rainbow Slinger out this evening for another flight (ran out of daylight after one) had made some trim adjustments FLEW GREAT! This air plane is almost too fun. Keep Slinging It Guys! Be back later.
Greg D is offline Find More Posts by Greg D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:13 AM
Tujunga, CA
Joined Nov 2003
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg D
Just returned from the field. 1st flight was good, windy and turbulent today here so I stopped at one flight - CG at 81/4 in from LE was great. Maybe its just me but this Slinger was a little smoother with a rear CG than the last one (maybe it likes it's new colors) I'll have to get a hold of someone with a digital camera and get some photos to post, yeah I know they say take the pics first but after 5 Slinger free months I just couldn't wait. At least I got rid of those 1st flight jitters. Thanks for the well wishes. Gvr 4201 - I couldn't open your pics on my puter. would still like to see your Banzi Slinger, I'll bet it's cool!
glad it went well, just go to my webshots page, you can see it there. if anyone is willing to try to copy on post my slinger on this thread, please do. i cant get it to post myself.
gvr4201 is offline Find More Posts by gvr4201
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:27 AM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Webshots

Gvr4201 tried the link to your page 2 separate times and got some sort of error page - I'll have my wife try it for me later (she's the house puter expert here). I'll keep trying though really want to see them. Found out my sister -in law has a digital camera as soon as I can hook up with her I'll have Honey help me post some pics. Keep Slinging It!
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:40 AM
the journey is the reward
Canada
Joined Apr 2002
1,543 Posts
All this Slinger talk pushed me to clean the "Sling" tonight and add some more reflective tape to the white underside.

Lets see some pics!

HH
Hammer Head is offline Find More Posts by Hammer Head
Old Jun 16, 2004, 04:21 AM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Banzi Slinger

To gvr4201- Went to your pics site by typing the add, saw the pics Very Cool.To everyone- Found out today that the neon on mine made it possible to fly it at dusk. This was something I couldn't do with my earlier ones becase of diorientation problems. Maybe fly again tomorrow.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 08:14 PM
Tujunga, CA
Joined Nov 2003
43 Posts
i sloped my slinger today. man was it fun. it flew awesome even with weight of kan 1050s. and it was nice to be able to fly it nice and slow for a change, still go fast a play combat with some seagulls! nothing beats being at the beach and flying all day without having to charge batteries.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 01:36 AM
Canada
Joined Apr 2002
1,543 Posts
Cool gvr4201

The Slinger does slope well!

HH
Old Jun 17, 2004, 04:43 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Cool

Well guys you just answered a question that bouncing around in my in head the other day (there's alittle extra room up there). I was wondering how good a sloper it would make. Last time I had mine out was doing a little 0 ground speed flying into the wind found the slinger very stable doing that (not all the planes I've had did that well. Should be able to get some pics to post 1st of the week (i'm in my "work week" on the weekends). Keep Slinging It!
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:10 AM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Another Slinger Thread

Hey guys - was down in flying wings forum and found a Slinger thread. This guy was asking about flutter so I posted the linkage mods I use any way this guy is flying his with a Magnetic Mayhem! On a Slinger thats got to be an appropriate name for that motor! Gonna try to get out to fly tomorrow (first I have to put a new fuel pump in Honey's Explorer (that meens pulling out the whole fuel tank - oh well better than paying 250$ labor. Keep Slinging It!
Old Jun 22, 2004, 09:22 PM
Joined Jun 2004
2 Posts
Hi I am re-new to r/c and I bought a Slinger put a futaba FP-T4NBL EBAY cheapie in in it with an integral ESC and mini servos, a wattage 9.6 1100 mah and it flew like a brick. I guess I need a primer again as the last I flew this kind of stuff was 1974. I bought an Accipiture Babiuswhatever and that can take a 6" mud dive but I want to get technical as I have a GWS pico ready to go as soon as TX gets here. I want to put it in a Wattage Turbo Vector ducted fan. Anyway here we go.
Marty
Martyszy is offline Find More Posts by Martyszy
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:04 AM
Canada
Joined Apr 2002
1,543 Posts
Hi Martyszy

Did you cycle the batt pack?

Another common issue is having the prop on for a pusher.

Without a prop adaptor I found the "stock" press on prop slipped at times.

HH
Last edited by Hammer Head; Jun 23, 2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 12:46 PM
Tujunga, CA
Joined Nov 2003
43 Posts
i want to get this magnetic mayhem motor. but tower hobbies has two different ones. standard and reverse rotation. this is a dumb question, but just need someone else to second it. i need the reverse rotation if using it as a pusher direct drive (or as a puller when using gearbox) right? and if i want to use it as a pusher WITH gearbox ill need standard rotation, right?
Old Jun 26, 2004, 01:07 PM
Canada
Joined Apr 2002
1,543 Posts
For a pusher DD you want a clockwise rotation when looking at the motor shaft.

"reverse rotation if using it as a pusher direct drive (or as a puller when using gearbox) right?"

Yes, as I understand it.

Hope that helps

HH
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:01 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Mayhem!

Hi guys, gvr let us know how the kyosho motor works out (do know you'll need a 30 amp esc) maybe I'll try that motor on the Slinger ROG (still working out the tipwheel mounting though I fly from a grass field) Did go out and Sling it a little today as always fllew great! still working on the pics I promise I'll get them soon. Keep Slinging It! P.S. You guys are right about the reverse rotation being the motor you want thats going to need a pretty good sized pusher prop - watch those fingers.
Last edited by Greg D; Jun 29, 2004 at 11:04 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2004, 10:57 PM
Aircraft Part Separator
United States, IA, Tabor
Joined Aug 2003
1,425 Posts
Anybody still posting here?

Hows it going guys? Just came from Great Planes website doing a comment page on the Slinger. Suggested they check out this thread to see what some of are doing with them, if they do I hope they'll drop us a post. Planning on doing some Slinging tomorrow (is the Slinger name word play getting corny yet?) Keep Slinging It! (i'm keeping that last though)
Closed Thread