Old Jan 02, 2005, 11:52 PM
Am I registered?
Chandler, Tx. USA
Joined May 2003
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mando
Hey Fuzzyhead ,
At least ya got it in the air , that's a start and the only way I could find out what trimming it needs next . Could be an RI prob , but from the way you describe the flight it sounds like it's a little tail heavy to me also . As far as landing goes , I seem to land most , if not all the time , with no throttle at all . The Slinger will glide for a long time , sometimes I have to bring 'er around again due to not starting the land approach soon enough and I just don't want to do "The Walk"

Mando........
I always glide in with no power and also tend to make a couple of passes to set up the landing just right. I fly from a spot between 75ft tall trees at one end and buildings at the other, so I have to bring it in just right or....crunch into the side of the barn. seems like it will glide forever at 2 ft. off the deck.

Randy
Randy Due is offline Find More Posts by Randy Due
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2005, 01:08 AM
Woah
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead
I really don't recall my throttle setting during the flight other than full at launch. Is it possible I wasn't using enough creating stall conditions? I was turning when she nosed in. That could have led to a stall if I was going too slow you think?
I had a similar event with the stock motor. I was flying with a 5.5 x 2.5 prop, which flew well, but then I changed to a 4.7 x 4.7. After that it seemed very similar to what you decribe, except once I got it to speed. I think it may have been because it was flying below the stall speed of the prop (thus very little thrust), and also close to the stall speed of the plane. Once I coaxed it up to speed it flew much better.
bugeater is offline Find More Posts by bugeater
Old Jan 03, 2005, 04:17 AM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,402 Posts
Slinger B2

This thread is rapidly approaching the point at which it will be closed - 500 posts is the usual top limit.

Would anyone like to start a new thread - 'Slinger B2 - part 2' perhaps? It is certainly of interest and value so it's better to start a new one before the old one is closed.

Tony

Co-moderator
Tony Oliver is offline Find More Posts by Tony Oliver
Old Jan 03, 2005, 04:21 AM
North East England UK
Joined Jan 2003
1,432 Posts
Slinger B2 part2

I'll start a new thread if thats ok ?
Chippie is offline Find More Posts by Chippie
Old Jan 03, 2005, 04:38 AM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,402 Posts
Please do - and let me know the name so I can redirect readers to it?

Thanks

Tony
Old Jan 03, 2005, 05:53 AM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,402 Posts
This thread is now closed and is being continued as new one under the title 'Slinger B2 part 2' at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317166

Tony
Co-moderator
Closed Thread