HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:49 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Discussion
String's Pursuit vs Scorps Villain........

Ok.............the speculation of these two boats has been thrown around, i made a competitive comment about racing him, several didnt give me a snowballs chance............good race............we both had the shakes afterward, it really gets the adrenalin goin'.

String:
32" Pursuit mono
Leopard 2200kv 4074
2 x 2s 40c lipo
stock 42mm prop

Scorp:
31" Traxxas Villain
Feigao 1260kv 3674
2 x 3s 40c lipo
x440

Here ya go..............very fun...........we had a blast today, 4 of us and about 15 boats! We have become RC commrades!

Thats Strings voice at the very end of the vid...........

32" Pursuit mono vs Traxxas Villain (1 min 27 sec)
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Last edited by scorpion1; Nov 14, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:16 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Oh, btw.................he'll be getting a better/larger prop that will undoubtably smoke me...................He's got a really nice boat!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:26 PM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,583 Posts
Great running...

Brand new Pursuit was running great ! Only the second run on the Pursuit. First run was kinda slugush but this run was much better. I guess shaft getting broken in. Great running by scorp. Thanks for the video. The last passing turn was freaky !!!. Was that inside the bouy !!!!. I think he made it but what a great turn. The Pursuit is so smooth running. Love it. Will get better at it though. Still the small stock prop, the X440 would not quite fit with the stock shaft which I will be changing to Kintec's one piece next week. Pretty darn fast for 4s !!!!

Stringfly <>++++++
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:44 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Yeah, his stock prop is freakishly detounged...........the motor temp after the race was 93*, on ESC + Batts too..............strange huh? I still think an x445 would be a good fit. It is a very sturdy boat and as you can see it ran much smoother and stabler than mine.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:05 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,783 Posts
^^ Those temps are REALLY low, it can definitely take more prop!

It should run in the mid 50's on that motor with the right batteries and prop.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:06 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Bruce radar'd us both at 40 even today........................
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:09 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGFLY View Post
Brand new Pursuit was running great ! Only the second run on the Pursuit. First run was kinda slugush but this run was much better. I guess shaft getting broken in. Great running by scorp. Thanks for the video. The last passing turn was freaky !!!. Was that inside the bouy !!!!. I think he made it but what a great turn. The Pursuit is so smooth running. Love it. Will get better at it though. Still the small stock prop, the X440 would not quite fit with the stock shaft which I will be changing to Kintec's one piece next week. Pretty darn fast for 4s !!!!

Stringfly <>++++++
I wasn't going to say anything but... Scorp would have to run an extra lap after that pass if the judges saw it.
bill34207 is offline Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Top Gun 2014
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:01 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Yeah............cut just a millisecond too soon......... Was thinking about putting one of those fuzzy round blockers over it like you see when a womans top comes off on TV....................... I held my own.........
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:32 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Yeah............cut just a millisecond too soon......... Was thinking about putting one of those fuzzy round blockers over it like you see when a womans top comes off on TV....................... I held my own.........
Actually you did well. Once you got past string couldn't catch back up to you. :thumbup: if only it worked here.
Better than a fuzzy blocker just throw what it normally blocks over it. Probably a bad idea though. Then it would then lead to a worn out spot in the video.
bill34207 is offline Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Top Gun 2014
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:38 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
Actually you did well. Once you got past string couldn't catch back up to you. :thumbup: if only it worked here.
Better than a fuzzy blocker just throw what it normally blocks over it. Probably a bad idea though. Then it would then lead to a worn out spot in the video.
Yep............i got sick of running in all his dirty water...................wore my lil ole Villain out................
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:09 AM
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Who was running the camera? Very good video.
Pohdunk is offline Find More Posts by Pohdunk
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:10 AM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
JDCrow..................a member on here.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:32 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
Nice run but i think some body was cheating hehehe,,,Scorp your villan looks like it needs alittle weight forward dude but will probly loose alittle speed but hay was a good run anyway,,that new Pursuit is cool too, my brother was looking at one but gotta have the money first you no!!!!! String you boat looked smooth as silk bro,,need that bigger prop dude!!!!
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY