Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:32 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Discussion
Fast Lane Proton 3 Channel Co-Ax From Toys R Us

I was wondering if anyone has owned or flown one of these:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3829971

It's listed for only $29.98 and is I believe a bit larger than the S006 at 15". And to think that the tiny Air Hogs Havoc Heli sells for about the same price.

It doesn't list having a gyro though.

Just thought I alert you all about this heli.

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Awwwwwww Hellll!!!!!!!! Ed, you are killing me buddy!! I'm trying to stop buying helis......... I was at Costco yesterday and one of those interceptors made it's way into my cart somehow. Now you have to tease me with this one at ToyRUs, and even less than $30 And is sold in the stores. How the heck am I ever going to kick my addiction to Heli crack when you guys keep posting these things here.

Doubletap < certified heli Crack Junkie>
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Addiction!

By joining "Heliholics Anonymous"! Oh wait! There is no such organization! Time to start one!

Don't get the "shakes"! Let us know how you like it DT.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Awwwwwww Hellll!!!!!!!! Ed, you are killing me buddy!! I'm trying to stop buying helis......... I was at Costco yesterday and one of those interceptors made it's way into my cart somehow. Now you have to tease me with this one at ToyRUs, and even less than $30 And is sold in the stores. How the heck am I ever going to kick my addiction to Heli crack when you guys keep posting these things here.

Doubletap < certified heli Crack Junkie>
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:19 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Well I can't be tempted on this one Ed, Toys r us don't sell this in the UK, now there is a great big surprise
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Could you guys make one single thread called "Great 3 Channel finds" or something similar and post these there?

The majority of the threads on the first page are ones like this one saying whatever store sells whatever 3 channel helicopter. Not trying to be mean here, I just think it doesn't make much sense to push everything else off the first page with multiples of this type of thread.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:24 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Well I can't be tempted on this one Ed, Toys r us don't sell this in the UK, now there is a great big surprise
Scotsoft,

Maybe that's a "blessing in disguise". At least you don't have as many heli "crack dealers" to fight off!

Ed
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:26 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Good idea Barak! Feel free to start one.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
Could you guys make one single thread called "Great 3 Channel finds" or something similar and post these there?

The majority of the threads on the first page are ones like this one saying whatever store sells whatever 3 channel helicopter. Not trying to be mean here, I just think it doesn't make much sense to push everything else off the first page with multiples of this type of thread.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:46 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Aww HELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! I was planning to go to Toys R Us Tomorrow, I need to pick up a Hot Wheels Starter track kit for my 2 year old nephew for Christmas, what you bet that one of these "proton toys will mysteriously will make it's way into my shopping cart?

PPPPleeeeze stop!!! No more No No more!!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,720 Posts
Looks alot like the more expensive Venom Ozone

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3153270
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:29 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
Looks alot like the more expensive Venom Ozone

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3153270

Wow! look at the price, but it looks like a match, only difference I see is the trim color is blue as opposed to the Fast Lane version has Red trim colors. only 42% the price, That makes the Fast Lane version quite a deal.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:14 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
No gyro on this one, according to the reviews

Just read the reviews, people are saying that there is no gyro, hence the very low price from a major retailer.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...71#showReviews
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:51 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Back From TRU

I just got back from Toys R Us on a "recon mission", and the Proton was priced for $49.99. I think that lower price is only available online, but don't take my word for it. Some other toy helis like the Havoc were priced lower in the store than the website. Go figure.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Wow! look at the price, but it looks like a match, only difference I see is the trim color is blue as opposed to the Fast Lane version has Red trim colors. only 42% the price, That makes the Fast Lane version quite a deal.
Last edited by edwong3; Nov 14, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:43 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
I just got back from Toys R Us on a "recon mission", and the Proton was priced for $49.99. I think that lower price is only available online, but don't take my word for it. Some other toy helis like the Havoc were priced lower in the store than the website. Go figure.

Ed

I'll check it out at my local Toys R Us tomorrow, but if it's more than $30, that's more than I would want to pay for a non gyro heli of this size, I can get a non-tyro bird same size for less than $30 from Xheli.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:57 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Well, I stopped by Toys R Us today to get the Hot Wheels track sets for my nephew, I didn't go around to find this heli, and glad I didn't because I ordered another toy from Xheli a couple of days ago, it is also a non gyro model but it has all kinds of cool disco lighting and neat looking canopy, less than $28 shipped also!

This one:

http://www.xheli.com/9811-alloyfalconheli.html