HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:25 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Help!
Eflite Extra 300 32e Flying issues

I have recently build a Eflite Extra 300 32e and on the first flight I have the cg set at 3.5 inches and during the first flight it was very unstable.

What CG are you folks using? I'm just looking for easy flying, the book states 3.5 for precision flying to 3.75 inches for aerobatic flying.

What are you experiences flying this plane slow? I would expect it to be VERY stable and want to float.

Thoughts???
jketron is offline Find More Posts by jketron
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,003 Posts
did you build it with recommended hardware or go your own with customizations.

Are you using exponential on your controls and dual rates?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:44 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
I used the complete Eflite setup, I bought every part on the recommended parts lists. I'm using Hitec Servos HS-82MG all the way around, Turnigy 3300 4 Cell LiPo.

I take off on low rate and I do have expo set
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:53 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,003 Posts
so in what way was it unstable?
While its not a 3d machine per se, its still capable of some very decent manouvers.

Whats your previous flying experience?
what sort of planes?

Is it pitch sensitive?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:48 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
I it felt a if the CG was off, I brought it home and put it back together to check the CG again with the battery exactly where it was and it checked out fine. I'm going to over the plane again and make sure I don't have something messed up. I know this should fly just fine.

I dont fly serious 3D, I have been flying the Extra 300 planes for years and always felt they fly very stable, they typically fly very well at slow speed.

I'll double check everything again and try another flight.

What are you experiences flying this plane slow, where is your CG?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:59 PM
Paso Robles, CA
Joined Jul 2010
180 Posts
start with the basic answer: was it nose heavy or tail heavy and was it windy or calm. Better to be nose heavy in the beginning. Are you adding up or down elevator? Rudder?

I would go back to raw basics which is your setup/throws. We don't fly expo on an initial flight, as I want to feel the plane in its rawest form for me which is high rate, no expo, no mixing...nada. Initial flight can always be a bit sketchy, many planes I have built the CG was not what was good for that plane. E-Flite is a great company...

Bob-
Flying_Old_Man is offline Find More Posts by Flying_Old_Man
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:09 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Back to basics is exactly what I'm thinking, I'm went over the CG and its perfect at 3.5, I will remove all expo and make sure that my throws are exact. I'll use low rates on take off and I only use low rates on the Aileron an Elevator.

I really do like this airplane.

Do you know where I can find some carbon fiber landing gear? I wouldnt mind add them. I love the way they look.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:07 PM
Go....fly!!
25 miles out
Joined Aug 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jketron View Post
Back to basics is exactly what I'm thinking, I'm went over the CG and its perfect at 3.5, I will remove all expo and make sure that my throws are exact. I'll use low rates on take off and I only use low rates on the Aileron an Elevator.

I really do like this airplane.

Do you know where I can find some carbon fiber landing gear? I wouldnt mind add them. I love the way they look.
Are you CG'ing upright or inverted?
wrtank is offline Find More Posts by wrtank
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
San Diego
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
inverted