HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:44 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I think there is your problem then. There are 2 cables necessary for operation: 1) the USB; 2) the 6-wire jumper cable (see step 12 of the instructions). It should look like the attached photo.

In some older radios, the jumper wasn't necessary... but I see your board is v15 and it most certainly is necessary.

Hi Steven I have exactly the same problem target doesn't answer only I have followed the instructions to the letter and have the jumper cable installed. I have been playing around that much thinking it was a bad connection I decided to bypass the pogo pins and hard wired the connections instead. I have sent an e-mail to your website but with it being the weekend you probably won't see it until Monday. Any other suggestions would be brilliant.

Thanks

Rick
rickrwg is offline Find More Posts by rickrwg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2013, 02:56 AM
United Kingdom, Luton
Joined May 2013
11 Posts
I have connected battery wrong way. my spartiepart board is dead, radio still works without it tho. any clue what could have burned?
_dvc is offline Find More Posts by _dvc
Old Nov 27, 2013, 07:28 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
[assuming you have the Rev 2.4] If you look closely between the two right-most 6-pin white connectors, I'd bet you would see evidence of burning.

Those two connectors are basically a "mirror" of each other. So the "outside" pins are connected together, then the next ones, and so on. To put it another way, if you assume they are numbered 1 through 6 from left to right, then its like this:

pin 1 on the left connector connects to pin 6 on the right
pin 2 to pin 5
pin 3 to pin 4
pin 4 to pin 3
pin 6 to pin 1

Using a multimeter, you can figure out which pair is broken and solder a small wire to re-connect them. Its probably 2/5.

- Steven

ps. You can thank the SP board for the fact your "radio still works without it though". That burned trace acted as a fuse, protecting your main board from certain (but repairable) death.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Feb 08, 2014, 10:25 AM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Hello, I've just installed the Backlight from HK for the Turnigy 9x, but when the radio is turned OFF, the backlight keeps flashing on and off. So when turned ON 100% up, it is all OK, when turned OFF 100% down, backlight flashes!, and if I just push the button up 10% it stops flashing. Any idea? Shorting on the backlight? Any fixes?

Turnigy 9x backlight mod Backlight blinking when turned OFF (0 min 32 sec)
F4LLCON is offline Find More Posts by F4LLCON
Last edited by F4LLCON; Feb 08, 2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2014, 10:34 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Err... that should be kinda impossible. With the radio OFF there should be no battery power to make anything flash. So I'd say your problem is with your physical on/off switch.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:06 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Received my V2.4 board yesterday, 6 days delivery to UK, nice.

All in good condition, just need to wait for my new FlySky 9x to turn up.

Could have used the 2.1? with EL from my other 9X but that is still going strong so got the updated board for the new one.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Mar 31, 2014, 03:32 PM
I ain't afraid of no highs
Spain
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
I got my v2.4 today, very easy to install on my turnigy 9x, I installed the drivers and then I connected the USB cable, it worked..
UNTIL I touched the mini USB on the transmiter (I was tring to acomodate it in the case) and i think I shorted something with my fingers because I heard a bit like electricity on the speakers and at the same time windows gives me an error about device disconected and stops recognizing the hardware.
I keep trying connecting the transmiter in 3 diferent computers and using 4 or 5 different USB cables, but windows doesnt show even a message about new hardware found, as it did the first time... maybe I burned the board or the miniUSB port? I'd apreciate any help!

EDIT:
ok, the board is fine! It was just that I damaged the cables on the back of the microusb and they were not making proper contact.
And I just flashed openTx
:-)
pilottube is offline Find More Posts by pilottube
Last edited by pilottube; Apr 01, 2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 05:24 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Nov 2003
805 Posts
Another successful delivery - this time to QLD Australia.

Posted 28 March received 8 April (faster than HK)

Looking forward to the install

Thanks Steven for the excellent service

Michael
mjdoz is offline Find More Posts by mjdoz