SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:35 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Feb 2013
236 Posts
Thanks Steve. Yeah it goes away on its own. But I'll attempt to program the trlemetrez anyway.
Charlie6017 is offline Find More Posts by Charlie6017
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:38 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie6017 View Post
Thanks Steve. Yeah it goes away on its own. But I'll attempt to program the trlemetrez anyway.
Looks live you are ready to graduate to http://openrcforums.com/forum/
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Apr 21, 2013, 09:03 PM
Australia, VIC, Mooroolbark
Joined Mar 2013
295 Posts
Hi from Oz

Hi Steve,
any update on new stock arriving?

frats,
Rosco
rosco01 is offline Find More Posts by rosco01
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:59 PM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
I just finished setting up my Eflite P-51B with version r2281 of OpenTX and I'm completely impressed with this software! So many features it's amazing. There isn't a single thing that I wanted to do that I can't.

Setting the 3 position flaps up with the curve is great system. I slowed the raise and lower function up very nice.
Now I'll set the landing gear function up by on my Corsair by slowing that down and putting a delay on one leg so they are staggered. Sweet software.

In my opinion buying the Smartieparts board is a great price and I wish I would have sooner.
Good work and thanks Steve!
I'm a very happy customer
danpos is offline Find More Posts by danpos
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,253 Posts
Thanks Dan... I appreciate that.

Rosco, I should have more this week.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:43 PM
Joined Mar 2013
295 Posts
Order being placed now, Steve - please check your incomings...

frats,
Rosco
Old Apr 22, 2013, 01:28 AM
United States, CA, Oxnard
Joined Sep 2006
72 Posts
followed links and still cant flash my TX
bommerglide is offline Find More Posts by bommerglide
Old Apr 22, 2013, 01:42 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,253 Posts
Bommerglide... that's exactly what I was trying to express to you by pm... you need to provide DETAILS, context, etc if anyone's going to be able to help you.

Guys, I sent him here after an exhausting barrage of PMs that were going absolutely nowhere. He's started a couple of equally destined-to-be-ignored threads and I suggested emphatically that he come here for help because I'm at my end.

Background: he bought my fully modded Limited Edition 9x. It was fully tested and I can confirm the hardware is A-OK. In fact, there's really nothing wrong (hardware or firmware). And despite his brief post above... he CAN (and has) flashed it... he just removed the pre-loaded OpenTX and replaced it with a non-Frsky Er9x and now can't use the TelemetrEZ that's pre-installed (yes, I explained to him it requires the FrSky Variant of the latest er9x... even gave him the links). I'm actually not really sure what his current trouble is, as he's not been able to articulate it to me and hopefully can do better with your guys' help. He doesn't seem to understand the custom firmware, but as the hardware is modded for it, he can't go back to stock (nor should he). He's frustrated, I'm frustrated... I sure hope you guys can help him. For the first time ever... I simply can't. Not without an assist at least. I'll be happy to provide any technical assistance, of course.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 02:32 AM
Joined Mar 2013
295 Posts
Bommerglide - follow me through this thread - I'm an A-1 ignoramus who will need a lot of help to get my standard FS TH9x up and running with Steve's board add ....
But, I'm prepared to listen and learn... and manage to get through..

I have found people on forums such as this are priceless - and patient.. or we'd all get nowhere.

So, if you can bear the wait until my assorted goodies arrive from all over the globe - including some 922 heli's... don't shelve your position, just wait and join in where it gets "fuzzy"... and if someone can provide "fuzzy" - it will be me...

frats,
Rosco
Old Apr 22, 2013, 02:33 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,253 Posts
Actually, sorry.... my bad, we're still in the wrong place. I suggested he post on the main 9x custom firmware thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162
Old Apr 22, 2013, 08:18 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
Is there a separate thread for the 9x TelemetrEZ?

I already have a Frsky telemetry through the FLD02 screen and DJT module.
It works great, but the issue I have is that when I change from 3S to 4S and now I also am going to be using 5S and 6S batteries I have to go into the menu each time and change the multiplier to get the correct voltage readout.

Do you set up your correct multiplier for each plane separate from the others with OpenTX?
Or do you have only one option to change multipliers to show the correct voltage on your display causing you to change multipliers each time you change from one cell size battery too the next?

Are there any videos showing a setup menu or threads?
Or any reviews or any other information on this anywhere other than here or Smartieparts.com?
Last edited by danpos; Apr 22, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:49 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,253 Posts
Hey danpos. There is a telemetrez thread, but its better to use this openrcforums.com thread as the TelemetrEZ's firmware author is more active there. However, your questions aren't actually specific to telemetrez... so the main 9x firmware thread here on RCG is the appropriate place to ask, or again try openrcforums.com where the more techie guys have migrated I think.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpos View Post
Is there a separate thread for the 9x TelemetrEZ?

I already have a Frsky telemetry through the FLD02 screen and DJT module.
It works great, but the issue I have is that when I change from 3S to 4S and now I also am going to be using 5S and 6S batteries I have to go into the menu each time and change the multiplier to get the correct voltage readout.

Do you set up your correct multiplier for each plane separate from the others with OpenTX?
Or do you have only one option to change multipliers to show the correct voltage on your display causing you to change multipliers each time you change from one cell size battery too the next?

Are there any videos showing a setup menu or threads?
Or any reviews or any other information on this anywhere other than here or Smartieparts.com?
Within FrSky version of er9x firmware the multiplier for voltage is by model.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:21 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
718 Posts
Thanks guys.
I looked for a thread and didn't see it.
After setting up some planes with OpenTx I can't imagine that the software wouldn't have you set up the voltage for each plane. It's by far the most intuitive software I have ever used so far.
But I'll read up on it first before doing it.

Playing around with this is even more fun than overclocking computers and messing with video card shaders and the bios etc.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:33 PM
Flip-n- GO!
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
10 Posts
Got the smartieparts v2.4 and telemetrEZ board installed and er9x frsky installed. Had a few workarounds as my eepe didnt want to flash it but I got it installed and working fantastic! Thanks Steve for an excellent product! I do want to see how you got the v2.4 to work with eepe though. Mine was a device signature error.
R3volut3ion is offline Find More Posts by R3volut3ion