HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
I just tried to replicate this with my machine here. Windows doesn't know what a .hex is so on mine it always shows the .hex. If I tried to change the extension or remove it a warning box pops up asking if I am sure. But what is probably happening is like s_mack said you are somehow changing the file extension. You can try next time to put the .hex back. Just rename the file and append .hex to the end.
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:24 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Thanks guys, wow, ok, I was just being humorous (really failing to be) about the heli vs. plane stuff, so for sure I know they were hanging out there for a long time. I'm glad they are starting to see some fun stuff. Who knows some day, I might try. I sure didnt think I would be in this deep with plane stuff when I started in October.!

Using Windows xp pro. But since you mentioned it, I have a couple machines around that have W7 on, and when you right click on the hex file, the selections are different just fwiw.... W7 right click lets you choose between the following:
create shortcut,
add to favorites,
view source,
encoding.....

what do you do with it in this case??? And is this procedure overall, the way its always done.... I don't think a majority of users of this kind of stuff are going to know instinctively how to do this. I could be wrong. In most cases when you download a file, you hit a big button that says download now.... and then you get prompted on what to do to make that thing work once you get it.... you know what I mean? or is it too much work to make it stupid proof?

And yes to the firewall, and going through a router/gateway... so Yes I will work on that because its a cool feature that I don't want to shut off.

File extension thing, I will check what has been suggested, but I don't think I changed extension or anything, I remember I was surprised that when prompted to select which file to burn, it would only display the "auto" one and not the one I dated.... No biggie, I will figure it out.

And last, thanks I will update to the latest tonight. But, I have r284 on there now, so what do I have to do with my eeprom to not have to re-program my models??

Thanks.

Pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:55 PM
Australia, New South Wales, Hobartville
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Radio arrived today but I have to wait till I get home to play. The EL and programmer should be posted after the 10 th so the web site says.

Writing a new heli model was complex at first but now I have a vauge idea on the mixing it is a lot of fun.
I run the helo v2 control unit which I need the extra channel to use as a governor on/off switch plus the 3 position flight mode to select different modes in the helo. And now a co-pilot II needs a channel.

The mixing of multiple channels and being able to assign which ever switch "I" want is tops!

Thanks to all those who invest their time to enhance this hobby!
phantom1500 is offline Find More Posts by phantom1500
Last edited by phantom1500; Jan 04, 2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:00 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Pat, I think for most people, when they click the link it does just ask them where they want to save it. For a few of you, for whatever reason, your browser is trying to open the hex file in the browser. It not something that can be fixed on the server's end 100%. Its your windows/browser settings doing it. Even if the files were zipped, there are some people's browsers that try to "read" zip files right in the browser too. The reason right-click and save-as was suggested is that it should always work regardless of how messed up your browser is

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:17 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Steven. Sorry I feel pretty dumb. I thought everyone was LEFT clicking on the large blue letters that say ER9X on the google page, and then right clicking over the hex file code lines that gets opened in a seperate new window when you do that.... I did not know that you could just skip the first part and right click over the link.

In the main 9x thread, there is reference to a safety switch that erazz puts an example up MIXER 4/8
wt src sw crv
CH1 100% RUD
CH2 100% ELE
CH3 100% THR
R-100% MAX THR

What does the R represent? or what parameters is it setting for Ch.3?? I have a feeling I'm going to feel dumb again when you answer. I have successfully set up flaperons and they work good, delay and everything, even though I don't really need them. But, I'm trying to figure out how the safety switches work.

Thanks.

P.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:05 PM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
R is replace. You can either have it ADD, REPLACE or MULTIPLY as an action.
Last edited by phantom1500; Jan 04, 2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:16 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Ok thanks phantom, I probly could have caught that if i went back and read manual for the 20th time....ha.... but what activates the safety, is it assigned to a switch?

P.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
I think it's the throttle switch THR? goes to a default of -100%, so zero throttle thus over riding the throttle stick inputs.... I'm still learning so I could be off the mark a little.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 08:47 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
Steven. Sorry I feel pretty dumb. I thought everyone was LEFT clicking on the large blue letters that say ER9X on the google page, and then right clicking over the hex file code lines that gets opened in a seperate new window when you do that.... I did not know that you could just skip the first part and right click over the link.

In the main 9x thread, there is reference to a safety switch that erazz puts an example up MIXER 4/8
wt src sw crv
CH1 100% RUD
CH2 100% ELE
CH3 100% THR
R-100% MAX THR

What does the R represent? or what parameters is it setting for Ch.3?? I have a feeling I'm going to feel dumb again when you answer. I have successfully set up flaperons and they work good, delay and everything, even though I don't really need them. But, I'm trying to figure out how the safety switches work.

Thanks.

P.
There are 2 ways to do this. One is what you see here, the line "R -100% Max Thr" is a replace mixer that tells the channel to go to -100% when the THR switch is flipped on. The other way, and the one Erazz talked about, is in a different menu. In eepe you will find a tab called "Safety switches" Select the channel you want and then the switch. When ever the switch is turned on that channel will be forced to the point set in the value box. This is regardless of what the mixers are set to.
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Old Jan 04, 2011, 08:53 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Phantom has it. The extra line on the mix for CH3 forces the the THR channel to -100% (zero throttle) whenever the THR switch is active (forward).

Another way to achieve the same outcome is to set it via the Safety Switch menu. The main difference is that as a Mix you can enable a beeper alarm if the switch is active at power-on but as a Safety Switch you cannot.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jan 04, 2011, 11:11 PM
Puerto Rico, Vega Baja, Vega Baja
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
hi guys, today I ordered a Eurgle radio, it is 3rd generation and my question is.. will this mod ( add on board programmer & EL ) work for me?
luilly3d is offline Find More Posts by luilly3d
Old Jan 04, 2011, 11:31 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Wait until you get the Tx so that you can check the main PCB to ensure that is is a V2. If it is a V2 PCB then yes it will. The "Gen 3" actually refers to the version of the FlySky Tx module and Rx which is the same all the other current vendors sell.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:27 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luilly3d View Post
today I ordered[...]
tells me the answer is "probably" But yeah, no guarantees they haven't used old stock.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:55 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
question for the gurus......

in the mix section for helis what is the purpose of the CYC1/2/3 mixes and why does it create a CYC mix on CH11 as aposed to building
Mixers

CH01 left side swash servo
+60%ELE
-60%AIL
+70%THR Switch(ID0) Curve(c5)
+70%THR Switch(ID1) Curve(c6)
+70%THR Switch(ID2) Curve(c7)
CH02 right side swash servo
+60%ELE
+60%AIL
CH03 throttle
+100%THR Switch(ID0) Curve(c1)
+100%THR Switch(ID1) Curve(c2)
+100%THR Switch(ID2) Curve(c3)
R +100%THR Switch(THR) Curve(c4)
CH04 rudder
+100%RUD
CH05 gyro rate/heading hold switch with trim pot P2 to fine adjust gyro gain on the fly
+50%P2 Switch(RUD) Offset(100%)
-50%P2 Switch(!RUD) Offset(100%)
CH06 pitch servo, rear swash plate 120 deg servo
-60%ELE
CH07 fligt mode trigger for helo v2 controller
+100%MAX Switch(ID0)
+0%MAX Switch(ID1)
-100%MAX Switch(ID2)
CH08 gov on/off
+100%FULL Switch(AIL)
-100%FULL Switch(!AIL)

when I use the heli template CH1 moves 100% +/- but CH2&3 only move 86.5% with aile input and less for CH2&3 on elev input....why is that?
the above mix setup moves as I need it to to control the swash etc, is this a workable mix as it looks promising so far in the simulate screen?
Last edited by phantom1500; Jan 05, 2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling again
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
ps...can I get bigger receivers for this radio? 9 or more channels?