SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2012, 06:33 AM
Lets break some props :D
United Kingdom, Liverpool
Joined Jun 2008
4,948 Posts
this one..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17205

I hope that with a Frsky TX module this radio sticks input response will be faster, compared with my Futaba T6EX the servo response is much slower and I don't like that.

Hopefully it will, after all it seems the TX and RX side of things on the original aren't very good anyway..correct me if I'm wrong.
joseico90 is offline Find More Posts by joseico90
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 12:25 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
this radio sticks input response will be faster,
I dont' remember ever reading of a delay issue, and I don't think the specs on the latency for this system are any different than any other 2.4 spread spectrum systems. Is it possible you may have had rx or servo issues??
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old May 19, 2012, 02:54 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
Ouch! Small mistake hits me in the pocket book

I was coding the new product page for the upcoming Rev 2.2 board and a tiny SQL mistake led me to insert the price into the wrong product page. Some gentleman in Japan just got a hulluva deal! He bought my $479.99 smart car cruise control for 45 bucks. Yikes.

I just wanted to share this in case my pain provides some amusement!

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old May 19, 2012, 10:57 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Ordered the "9x Add-on Board with built-in Programmer and EL Backlight" from SmartieParts a short time back, it arrived about 7 days later, wish HobbyKing could do that, reasonably. But as it arrived in the middle of the week the conversion was put off until this afternoon, it was raining anyway.

Followed the instructions on the web site, downloaded the drivers and installed though I'm not sure I needed them as I was using a laptop running Vista.

Everything went together as it should have ( I guess it did anyway as this was my first installation of one of these kits).

Plugged in the mini USB cable and the radio came on. Started eepe and a message came up saying there was a new er9x version available, r762 I think it was, so I downloaded in and flashed it without any problems. Now waiting on a link to download the manual for the new er9x program.

A note, mostly concerning the er9x program, when it says to "press any button to continue" it is not referring to a button on the remote to your TV/DVD/CD or MP3 player, but a button on the radio it's self. I tried the others.

Also I feel the first message that appears on the screen after a successful flashing should say "get yourself a beer".

All went good here.

Thanks SmartieParts
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old May 20, 2012, 06:38 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Ouch! Small mistake hits me in the pocket book

I was coding the new product page for the upcoming Rev 2.2 board and a tiny SQL mistake led me to insert the price into the wrong product page. Some gentleman in Japan just got a hulluva deal! He bought my $479.99 smart car cruise control for 45 bucks. Yikes.

I just wanted to share this in case my pain provides some amusement!

- Steven
Steven,

I'm not amused by your pain but want to give you a pat on the back for once again standing behind your products and for your outstanding service.

I have purchased a programming card for both of my radios and will certainly consider your upcoming version as well. I would like to remind everyone of the problems I encountered with the delivery of the boards I bought from you. Not a problem with you, rather their destruction of one and damage to the other by Canada Post/USPS when in transit. Although it was beyond your control you promptly replaced the destroyed board and dealt with (or ate) the postal problem. I believe most vendors would have had me try to make a claim with all of the attendant BS and bureaucratic headaches.

I don't own a Smart car, just a couple of 9x radios so there is not a lot I can buy from you. Regardless, I have and will continue to recommend your products to everyone I can because of their quality and your service.

Thank you again for your great support!

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old May 20, 2012, 10:37 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
Hey, thanks for the kind words Ted!

I am a demanding consumer myself. So I've always tried to handle things with my customers the way I'd expect them to be handled if I were in their shoes. You're right that what happened to your package wasn't my fault, but it *certainly* wasn't your fault. You put your good money in my hands and expect me to deliver a good product in return. Its my personal policy that I MUST make that happen.

Same thing with this gentleman in Japan. Do I WANT to send him a cruise control at a loss? No, of course not. And I have to admit I briefly considered refunding him his money and playing the "not responsible for typographical errors" card that some might... but then I reminded myself that if I were in Wal-mart, for example, and I took a product up to the checkout with my cash in hand ready to purchase and it comes up higher than advertised... that I expect to get that product at the marked price. The customer bought the product from me in good faith... its only right that I deliver.

Thanks for the pat on the back, but really its just the way it should be, no? I personally think we should all expect that behavior from all businesses. You know... just be fair.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old May 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
4,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
I dont' remember ever reading of a delay issue, and I don't think the specs on the latency for this system are any different than any other 2.4 spread spectrum systems. Is it possible you may have had rx or servo issues??
mmm don't think so, I just see that compared with my Futaba, the stock 9x is slower, smooth as it may be..but slower to deliver (fast to my liking) responses to the servos.

I mean, I'm realistic as to be aware I'm dealing with a 60.00 radio..

Anyway, I'm hoping that after all the mods I'll be better if not... I know I wont be happy as I need fast response for my flying style and planes, but I do hope..
Old May 21, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Jun 2008
4,948 Posts
Quote:

I am a demanding consumer myself. So I've always tried to handle things with my customers the way I'd expect them to be handled if I were in their shoes. You're right that what happened to your package wasn't my fault, but it *certainly* wasn't your fault. You put your good money in my hands and expect me to deliver a good product in return. Its my personal policy that I MUST make that happen.

Same thing with this gentleman in Japan. Do I WANT to send him a cruise control at a loss? No, of course not. And I have to admit I briefly considered refunding him his money and playing the "not responsible for typographical errors" card that some might... but then I reminded myself that if I were in Wal-mart, for example, and I took a product up to the checkout with my cash in hand ready to purchase and it comes up higher than advertised... that I expect to get that product at the marked price. The customer bought the product from me in good faith... its only right that I deliver.

Thanks for the pat on the back, but really its just the way it should be, no? I personally think we should all expect that behavior from all businesses. You know... just be fair.

- Steven
I must congratulate you Steven, as a business person myself I favor and admire this kind of business approach, quite rare these days.

"We reap what we sow" ......so expect a good harvest!

Well done.
Old May 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yet another flying K1W1
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2006
524 Posts
Quote:

- Steven
That is some of the best customer service around and I'll certainly be buying from you! Well done.
41south is offline Find More Posts by 41south
Old May 23, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, GA, Dahlonega
Joined Nov 2011
74 Posts
Compatibility of Companion 9x and EEProm er9x

I set up a model using Companion 9x and saved it to xx.eepe. EEPROM could not load it. Got an error message saying EEPROM needed to be updated. Companion 9x can upload models saved by EEPROM but not vice versa. I am afraid to download to Tx using Companion 9x. Any thoughts?
hamerson is offline Find More Posts by hamerson
Old May 23, 2012, 05:27 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamerson View Post
I set up a model using Companion 9x and saved it to xx.eepe. EEPROM could not load it. Got an error message saying EEPROM needed to be updated. Companion 9x can upload models saved by EEPROM but not vice versa. I am afraid to download to Tx using Companion 9x. Any thoughts?
yes
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old May 24, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, GA, Dahlonega
Joined Nov 2011
74 Posts
OK, Scott. What am I missing? I thought they were compatible--as well as companionable.
Thanks.
hamerson is offline Find More Posts by hamerson
Last edited by hamerson; May 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: adding thanks
Old May 24, 2012, 10:21 AM
United States, NY, Shirley
Joined Oct 2008
2,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamerson View Post
Here is the subject forum dedicated to C9X...those guy's are pretty on top of it. Ask them and I'm sure you'll get it working.

http://9xforums.com/forum/viewforum....e8ed5c7a49bf22
reacher10 is online now Find More Posts by reacher10
Old May 25, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Jun 2008
4,948 Posts
All went fine with the board and flashing, piece of cake with this kit.

Now, I've seen some use a 2s LiPo, so what min voltage alarm should I set for this radio with such a battery?
Old May 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, NY, Shirley
Joined Oct 2008
2,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90 View Post
All went fine with the board and flashing, piece of cake with this kit.

Now, I've seen some use a 2s LiPo, so what min voltage alarm should I set for this radio with such a battery?
Your beyond the scope of this thread now that you've flashed your radio.

There is a lot of discussion on this topic.

I suggest you do some reading in these area's.

http://9xforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1266162&pp=50

You are gonna love this transmitter!
reacher10 is online now Find More Posts by reacher10