Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:22 AM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
kgd,
in your heli setup you can save some eeprom space. Since the ID1 and ID2 pitch curves are the same, you can remove one curve and one mix. This accounts for about 15 bytes or eeprom space.

Pitch mixes like this:
Code:
+50% THR Switch(ID0) noTrim Curve(C4)
+50% THR Switch(!ID0) noTrim Curve(C5)
And then just clear curve 6 to all zeros

-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Does this add on board have signed drivers or work with any usbasp drivers? I read a writeup that shows how to manualy reflash the frimware and have read that some of the drivers for the usb reflashers dont work with windows 7 x64 because of unsigned drivers. I have signed drivers that are made to work with a usbasp programmer that I downloaded from protostack? Also when is this thing going to be in stocks or does anybody know whrere else to get it???
homebrewman23 is offline Find More Posts by homebrewman23
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:28 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewman23 View Post
Does this add on board have signed drivers or work with any usbasp drivers? I read a writeup that shows how to manualy reflash the frimware and have read that some of the drivers for the usb reflashers dont work with windows 7 x64 because of unsigned drivers. I have signed drivers that are made to work with a usbasp programmer that I downloaded from protostack?
The product page has a link to the installation instructions, which has a link to the driver procedure (yes they work on all Windows). I strongly recommend you follow those driver installation steps, but your protostack drivers should work too if you know what you're doing.
Quote:
Also when is this thing going to be in stocks
That is answered in bold lettering and highlighted in a bright yellow background on the product page... can't miss it.
Quote:
or does anybody know whrere else to get it???
There's only one other online store I'm aware of: fpv4ever in France

- Steven (SmartieParts)
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old May 01, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
Customer Service...ubuntu

The amount of support, ingenuity, and concern that I've experienced here on rcgroups, and especially from Steven, but from MANY of you has reignited by faith in the human spirit - I can't imagine learning this "hobby" even 10 yrs ago. I've learned more in 1 month than I bet I would have learned in 10! Reminds me of the Mercedes groups I belong to; after buying my 30 yr old benz I'd be lost without the fresh flow of ideas and information.

Anyway, I'm using Ubuntu (Linux), and downloaded and installed eepe - do I still need to "build" it as per ghosthb's instructions on http://code.google.com/p/eepe/? Because I can open eepe just fine. Also I do have afrdude on my computer as well now, and the latest 9x .hex file, fwiw. Thanks, Matthew
mmmatthew is offline Find More Posts by mmmatthew
Old May 04, 2012, 07:59 AM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatthew View Post
The amount of support, ingenuity, and concern that I've experienced here on rcgroups, and especially from Steven, but from MANY of you has reignited by faith in the human spirit.

(+1)
LaserBeam is offline Find More Posts by LaserBeam
Old May 05, 2012, 10:51 AM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,176 Posts
I am a new to the er9x and Smartie Parts board. I ran into a few small issues last night while installing the board. I should have been using better light. I missed that the plug does not start on pin one but pin two, DOH, then I had a problem with the driver install, got that all worked out then I was able to flash mine. I then had trouble finding how to calibrate the sticks. Found that this morning. So it looks like I am now good to go.

I have four planes all ready on the this Tx. Looking forward to setting them up with the new firmware.

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Old May 05, 2012, 08:47 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatthew View Post
Anyway, I'm using Ubuntu (Linux), and downloaded and installed eepe - do I still need to "build" it as per ghosthb's instructions on http://code.google.com/p/eepe/? Because I can open eepe just fine. Also I do have afrdude on my computer as well now, and the latest 9x .hex file, fwiw. Thanks, Matthew
No need to build, you can just install the .deb file. The building directions are for if you want to build eepe from sources on your system.
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Old May 05, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
usbasp not found/recognized fix

Hi all, I just installed my smartieparts board today and had a devil of a time getting eepe to burn the new fw to it. I reset the board 3 times, tried installing on windows 7 and linux, and everything was in place but eepe kept saying something like " usb not found, usbasp not found" or some such thing... Then I tried another usb cable. Worked like a charm then! So before you go pulling out your hair, try a different cable. Did the trick for me. Hope this helps, an it's such a simple fix you'd think I'd have tried it sooner... Cheers,
Matthew

*edit: One other thing - in the end I used eepe on Windows 7, by downloading Extreme Burner which installed the drivers and everything for me. Then opened up eepe and burned the hex file from there. FWIW, prob more work than needed to be done but I'm not a pc guy so don't know my way around "installing" drivers, after being a mac person for decades... I'm sure I coulda just burned the new fw from EB but know my way around eepe better...
mmmatthew is offline Find More Posts by mmmatthew
Last edited by mmmatthew; May 05, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 07:54 AM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Thanks for sharing mmmm's didn't know extreme burner had the correct driver. There have been many tha have difficulty on W7 with both the correct driver and getting that driver completely installed. Most times 7 struggles to get by the signed driver warning. (me twice) at least I assume it's a 7 issue because my first time was on XP complete fine first time.

The other most frequent issue is waxy, smokey or flux like contaminate on the pads that are on the PCB. hi % alchahol or pencil eraser usually does the trick.
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old May 06, 2012, 09:15 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,250 Posts
hey wheelspinner... you've said that quite a few times, about having troubles installing drivers. But I've never read exactly what the troubles were. From feedback i've received, my steps for installing the driver work pretty much all the time in all versions of windows. The rare exception is that sometimes for step 4, the user is not able to see "usbasp" in their list and they try to continue anyway. If its not in their list, then either:
  • something's wrong with the device (that's why I test each one before shipping out)
  • something's wrong with the cable
  • something's wrong with the computer's port
  • other? I haven't figured out what the x-factor is on this yet. Perhaps some brand-name pc's (Dell, etc) use their own USB root hub drivers... not sure.
I've seen it on my own computer. ONE port gives that problem, the others don't. Once installed, that port works fine though... its just a problem with it recognizing it prior to driver install.

You mention "signed drivers". First off, that is ONLY a consideration at all with the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Second, its not a "problem"... just a warning. The drivers ARE CORRECT for ALL versions of Windows (well, recent ones anyway). It just gives you a warning asking if you're sure you want to continue because the drivers aren't signed. 7's been out long enough for people to be used to this by now. "signing" drivers is like signing "trust" on website security... its a cash grab. Its MS insisting that every company that produces drivers pays (LOTS) to have them add it to the list of "trusted" sources. Small and/or free projects like libusb (which usbasp is based on) can't afford, and shouldn't be expected to, pay these fees. So you get the red box and you click "continue anyway". EARLY versions of Win7-64 didn't even show you the option, it just wouldn't install... but that was corrected via Windows Updates a long time ago.

The drivers I provide do work. They work on 7. They work on 64-bit 7. If you've discovered otherwise, please provide the details. I appreciate you had frustration at one point and I also appreciate you're trying to help others by warning them... but I don't think what you experienced is what others experience whenever they mention drivers

- Steven
Old May 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
EARLY versions of Win7-64 didn't even show you the option, it just wouldn't install... but that was corrected via Windows Updates a long time ago.
Let me make it more clear. I'm 99% sure it was operator error. That is exactly the repeated problem I had some time ago. Further backed up by the fact that I don't auto install updates and it's been a while since I did either. The exact detail of the problem was as you described. I clicked continue anyway, and it acted as though the driver installed, but it did not. I simply had to, at that time, go through device manager and point the driver search for the new unknown USB device-- directly to it.

Sorry if it sounded like a complaint, more like a tip for those, like me, that dont deal with driver issues. Sounds like its not an issue anymore.

I certainly do recommend this board to anyone who doesnt want to solder, and will be directing another new 9x user here shortly for another one. (I think I've sent at least 4 new people this route.) Maybe more too as guys at the club are starting to ask questions about what this 9x thing is all about.
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old May 06, 2012, 04:26 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,250 Posts
Oh no, I wasn't taking it as a complaint I just wanted a clearer view of what the problem was. I've tested the procedure every which way from Sunday and its worked nearly 100% of the time (except when there's something up with the usb port, as is the case with one port on one of my computers).
Old May 06, 2012, 05:41 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Oh no, I wasn't taking it as a complaint I just wanted a clearer view of what the problem was. I've tested the procedure every which way from Sunday and its worked nearly 100% of the time (except when there's something up with the usb port, as is the case with one port on one of my computers).
It's been awhile since I installed the driver .... but I also had issues with sys7 64 bit until I went into device manager and forced the issue. I wish I could give you a better idea of what the deal was - but that was longer ago (last summer) than my memory. When installing on my work machine with XP it was slick and ez.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 04:23 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Just received a TH9X from HobbyPartz.

"Complete" pix here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8239

How does a person determine firmware, V1 or V2 ?

Chip pix below.
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old May 07, 2012, 04:26 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,250 Posts
Same way as always

Here's my instructions: http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...page=page&id=8