HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
Canada, ON, Mulmur
Joined Dec 2010
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Is there any designs in the future to increase space with an installation of a SD slot? if this was so, you would have the opportunity to move models into that space.
We are Beta testing this board currently..
It can hold about 1000 models...without the SD card

-Brent
SkyNorth is offline Find More Posts by SkyNorth
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNorth View Post
We are Beta testing this board currently..
It can hold about 1000 models...without the SD card

-Brent
PCB lust
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyertim View Post
I don't need 16 or 30 models memory on my TX to fly. What I DO need is a screen that can be quickly navigated with visual clues (AKA..icons). When I go to flying events or a weekend of indoor/outdoor flying i usualy have 3-10 models with me.The rest of my 200 models I do have in my hanger can be stored on a file for later use or saved on a master sheet.
Switching models on ER9x could hardly be easier. You move the cursor down a list of models and press Exit on the one you want. Icons would just waste storage space and add nothing of value.

Even better, there are startup shortcuts for the memory slots, so you don't even need to choose from a list.

The great thing about ER9x is that it is lean, efficient and simple. Some people love that, others don't. If you like icons, touch, etc., you're better off with something like an Aurora 9.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Switching models on ER9x could hardly be easier. You move the cursor down a list of models and press Exit on the one you want........
Why exit and not menu? these are the things that will catch me out
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,933 Posts
Quote:
Why exit and not menu? these are the things that will catch me out
Because pressing Menu allows you to edit the information (as it does elsewhere in the programming), while Exit allows you to go to the next step. It doesn't "catch you out". It's just one of the things you have to learn. Like any other programming system I've used, ER9x has a learning curve. The nice thing about ER9x is that the people who develop it are logical and consistent.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
Va
Joined Sep 2005
97 Posts
Scott,

You may be correct about how low down the list my suggestion is. I have 11 other Tx's so I do know what you are taking about with the "eye candy". I was ony hoping with a little prodding that maybe er9X could give the other well known TX's a real run for the money!

I don't have the skill set to write program nor do I have the talent to do so. I DO know there are many out there who can. I was only hoping that my plea would be heard by a sympathetic programmers heart!

I will continue to use the er9x regardless. I give it high marks over all (I have purchased 3 more of them). For the rest of the RC clan though, if you made these modifications I am sure that rather than a few hundred users we could see several thousands.
rcflyertim is offline Find More Posts by rcflyertim
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyertim View Post
Scott,

You may be correct about how low down the list my suggestion is. I have 11 other Tx's so I do know what you are taking about with the "eye candy". I was ony hoping with a little prodding that maybe er9X could give the other well known TX's a real run for the money!

I don't have the skill set to write program nor do I have the talent to do so. I DO know there are many out there who can. I was only hoping that my plea would be heard by a sympathetic programmers heart!

I will continue to use the er9x regardless. I give it high marks over all (I have purchased 3 more of them). For the rest of the RC clan though, if you made these modifications I am sure that rather than a few hundred users we could see several thousands.

I should mention -- that I'm also a visual person -- professional photographer. I was so frustrated when I first got started with the 9x I can't explain using family language. But - I started programming different mixes just for the heck of it -- completely wacked out ideas for practice. I'd them use them on my flight simulator (not the one in eepe -- a real simulator) to try them out. And do it again and again.

It wasn't long before I realized that 1. this was helping and 2. I needed the USB connection on the outside of the Tx if I was going to access it so much.

Now I know the interface like the back of my hand as well as the inside hardware because I've had a blast doing so many mods to enhance the look and feel of the tx.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:01 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Also dont get me wrong, I dont hate the er9x FW. I write sql code and build a lot of pl-sql too for work.
It just would have been nice to not have the learn more new things in this hobby... call me lazy
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
call me lazy
Ahhh.. We must be related.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:24 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Mar 2006
56 Posts
9x heli setup

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded to er9x and i am trying to setup a new flybarless heli, can anyone help me?
varian is offline Find More Posts by varian
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined May 2009
5,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by varian View Post
Hello everyone,

I just upgraded to er9x and i am trying to setup a new flybarless heli, can anyone help me?
I can't help with that but.....
I would suggest you also pose your question @ http://9xforums.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jun 2004
1,746 Posts
I think that the setup would mostly depend on your flybarless controller.
We can help you with er9x but I don't know what the controller expects.
erazz is offline Find More Posts by erazz
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Companion9X mix switch not working

Version 0.54 R798 april 07 2012

This mix works with or without the switch (ele) on. In epee it works as it should, only with the ele switch on. Any thoughts?

CH01 +100%AIL
CH02 +100%ELE
+10%AIL SWITCH (ELE) CURVE (CURVE 1)
CH03 +100%THR
CH04 +100%RUD

TIA

Sorry wrong forum.
flashbang is offline Find More Posts by flashbang
Last edited by flashbang; Apr 07, 2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: wrong forum
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, NJ, Plainsboro Township
Joined Aug 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by varian View Post
Hello everyone,

Here you go I use this for my BeastX & CX-3X1000 FBL units, Just rename the file extension to: .eepee have fun
kgd1 is offline Find More Posts by kgd1
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:13 AM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgd1 View Post
Here you go I use this for my BeastX & CX-3X1000 FBL units, Just rename the file extension to: .eepee have fun
kgd you have one extra e in the file extension. Should be ".eepe"
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb