SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:31 PM
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2010
138 Posts
Great News about your Boy

That's great news....I have spent too many long nights sitting in hospital waiting rooms because of my children....would not wish it on anyone. Two of my girls used the soy formula growing up...first one had "colic" for 3 months before we switched doctors and he switched to a soy formula on the first visit. After the first bottle it was like a new baby...no crying, no fussing, sleeping for all of us all night long. Second daughter got started on it at the hospital and never looked back.

Once you get accustomed to the smells - ain't bad at all.

Keep up the great service and outstanding products.

Bill P
BillyP52 is offline Find More Posts by BillyP52
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:11 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,601 Posts
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Hi folks!

BillyP52, thank you for the concern! My son is now doing fine. He's got an allergy to at least cow's milk protein, but it appears to be something else as well. Mother has cut all dairy from her diet completely, but the symptoms are still there whenever we try breastmilk again. Looks like the little guy just might have to stay on some fancy-schmancy formula for the foreseeable future. But at least he's symptom-free while eating that stinky stuff! That's the important thing right now. The pediatrician says its not uncommon and that they usually grow out of it after a few years.

- Steven
Don't worry about formula feeding. My three sons only got formula and all three are six feet plus now. My wife and I are just medium height. I blame the formula!
Galand is online now Find More Posts by Galand
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:26 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
I've posted an update relating to the current stock situation.

Quote:
Update (October 20, 2011): Due to Chinese holidays and a supplier stock issue with an important component... there has been further delays... but all the components are in and at least now I have a more firm ETA. The assembly should be completed on October 29. They should arrive here on November 3rd and they should begin shipping to customers on Monday, November the 7th. If anything changes, I will post another update here.
- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohsthb View Post
On the main board. The backlight is controlled by pin 17. Pin 16 is the '+' button. The pins for the buttons are high (5V) until pressed.
Well, while replacing my aileron stick assembly my friend and I looked at the backlight problem. turns out he soldered the vdd wire to the wrong pad (one that connects to pin 16!). Re-soldered it to the correct one and oh my, everything finally works as advertised. Now I could also see why the backlight never worked with the pins: the pad it was supposed to connect to was not really a pad, it looked more like a blob of solder with a wire sticking through, no way the pin was going to make proper contact with that. So Steve's board did not really have a chance of working correctly with my TX that looks to be just a bit out of specs...But as I said before, I'm just as happy with my wired version... I'm finally ready and able to use the full potential of my TX....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by WimH; Oct 21, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:04 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Is there a way to flash the 9X on a mac using Steve's board? No way I couldn't make the avrdude work on my bootcamp windows partition. AS a Mac guy I'm willing to try it on a system that I know better. Doing some research I found CroosPack for AVR, will give it a try....

I have a FRSky module here that I would like to use with the 9ER...I saw there are firmwares specially for FRSKY module but they seems to need hardware modification. Will the smartieparts board do the trick and avoid me having to do hardware modifications ?
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Oct 20, 2011, 08:55 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Will the smartieparts board do the trick and avoid me having to do hardware modifications ?
The smartieparts board was designed as a programer interface to flash new firmware on to the board of the turnigy/flysky 9x transmitter. Specifically aimed at those that don't have the rescources or ability to solder directly onto the main board for a connector for a programer. It serves that purpose perfectly.! Great product. Included is a EL panel backlight, and built in driver for that, controlled by the custom firmware.

BUT It will not make it frsky compatible. Hardware mods are still necessary to make that module work properly.

Hope that helps.

Pat
wheelspinner20 is online now Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
Is there a way to flash the 9X on a mac using Steve's board? No way I couldn't make the avrdude work on my bootcamp windows partition. AS a Mac guy I'm willing to try it on a system that I know better. Doing some research I found CroosPack for AVR, will give it a try....

I have a FRSky module here that I would like to use with the 9ER...I saw there are firmwares specially for FRSKY module but they seems to need hardware modification. Will the smartieparts board do the trick and avoid me having to do hardware modifications ?
You should try contacting Grootwitbass
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=340050'

I know he uses a Mac. So he can probably help you out. As far as the Frsky module goes. The serial lines that are required are already used by a couple of the switches. What the mod does is move those 2 switches to some unused pins, which frees the serial port. The mod has some difficult soldering to do, but is doable. Check the wiki under hardware mods for all of the information. http://code.google.com/p/er9x
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:13 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
169 Posts
The FrSky module will work with the ER9x with no mods to the Tx, you will get the basic telemetry(RSSI) as beeps. HOWEVER you won't get the full telemetry(battery voltage, motor RPM, GPS data etc.) showing up on the Tx screen, that's what the mods do.
Bill
SupraGo is offline Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:40 AM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post

Look on my profile for instructions to get eepe working. It is easy. If you have xcode installed you can compile the latest version yourself, else you can download the compiled version from the eepe google code page, but it will not be the latest version, and you have to ignore the warning about a new version for eepe (do get the er9x updates, just not the eepe ones, they are for windows only)
You need to install avrdude separately but that is fairly easy, and I have also a suggestion for that on my profile. Feel free to ask if you need any thing more.

PS I had trouble using crosspack(could be my fault), but osx-avr worked fine for me.

Groot
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:54 PM
I love to be above the clouds
Joined Aug 2011
326 Posts
the top pin on the 9x is pin one ppm and the forth one down is ground right ? please help.
KellyFPVER is offline Find More Posts by KellyFPVER
Old Nov 04, 2011, 08:58 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFPVER View Post
the top pin on the 9x is pin one ppm and the forth one down is ground right ? please help.
Yes. See this for example:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489807
or this:
http://www.desert-wolfe.com/Projects...y/default.html
The second one has a picture.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:39 AM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Oct 2011
65 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy a set of those short fat red stick-ends that Erazz has in the 1st post of this thread? Or something similar that will work on the 9x?
bluegizmo83 is offline Find More Posts by bluegizmo83
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:21 AM
hungary
Joined Jan 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegizmo83 View Post
Anyone know where I can buy a set of those short fat red stick-ends that Erazz has in the 1st post of this thread? Or something similar that will work on the 9x?
I don't have any of these, but HobbieKing has a few similar ones:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2pcs_set_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1pair_Red.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_Black_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...a_Rocker_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cker_Red_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ker_Blue_.html

The TurboThumbs vary a lot in price, but the only thing that seems to be different is the color. Strange...
kile is offline Find More Posts by kile
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:25 AM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
bluegizmo..... i have asked several times same q no response. i believe that pic is of s_mack`s radio iirc....

kile ive browsed most of those before- none of them seem even close.

i slid a 1" long piece of surgical tubing on mine. looks ugly but feels oh so much better!

p.
wheelspinner20 is online now Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:32 AM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Oct 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
bluegizmo..... i have asked several times same q no response. i believe that pic is of s_mack`s radio iirc....

kile ive browsed most of those before- none of them seem even close.

i slid a 1" long piece of surgical tubing on mine. looks ugly but feels oh so much better!

p.
I haven't been able to find anything real close to those ones, but I found these ones that look nice http://www.espritmodel.com/transmitt...ba-m3-red.aspx that website also has a few more styles and colors. I believe any Futaba stick ends will fit the 9x, somebody correct me if I'm wrong...?

EDIT: I just asked s_mack on another thread, that transmitter does not belong to him...
bluegizmo83 is offline Find More Posts by bluegizmo83
Last edited by bluegizmo83; Dec 03, 2011 at 10:40 AM.