HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:20 AM
Lipoly Killer
Frank Hurd's Avatar
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,506 Posts
Wow!

You guys are great! Picture tutorial! Even me can do that.
I have been reading the manuals and hope to understand in time for the arrival of the radio. It seems that this radio can do just about anything that my 9303 can do.(Maybe more!). Has anybody tried to see if Futaba rx's are compatible?
Thanks again.
Frank
Frank Hurd is offline Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:04 AM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
frank. i dont think there is a futaba module...ghost can double chek me on that one... good news is that there are 3,6, and 8 channel rx available at hobbypartz and other online retailersthat are 9x compatible for around $9 each !!

pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:55 AM
Lipoly Killer
Frank Hurd's Avatar
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,506 Posts
My bad!

I believe that the 9x is FHSS and Futaba is FAST so they probably not compatible. Pat, @ $9 a piece is a wonderful side benefit of the 9X!!!!!!
Compared to the non-clone JR and Futaba prices, you could build in rx's in each airplane.
By the way, HK shipped my radio! I better start bearing down on those manuals.
Thanks again for the great help.
Frank
Frank Hurd is offline Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
Registered User
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd View Post
I believe that the 9x is FHSS and Futaba is FAST so they probably not compatible. Pat, @ $9 a piece is a wonderful side benefit of the 9X!!!!!!
Compared to the non-clone JR and Futaba prices, you could build in rx's in each airplane.
By the way, HK shipped my radio! I better start bearing down on those manuals.
Thanks again for the great help.
Frank
As it turns out all of the different systems are only compatible with themselves. It has to do with how they communicate and transfer data. So Spektrum will only work with Spektrum. Futaba only with Futaba and so on. Now to make things confusing the 9x radios are all made by a company called Flysky in China. Then they get rebranded with names like Turnigy, Eurgle, and some others. There is plenty of information to be had in the forums about which ones are flysky and so will work together. Another issue you may run into is V1 vs. V2 of the Flysky receivers. Probably you won't find a V1 receiver anymore but if you are unsure post a link to the receiver you want in the forums and someone will help you decide if it would be right.
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:09 AM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
download and install eepe on your p.c. and program a basi 4 ch model and play with it on the simulator. experiment with mixes so you can see how flexible and powerful it is. read the eepe manual to and there are also basic programming tutorials on youtube for er9x custom firmware also!
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
356 Posts
may i ask a RMA to smartieparts if my backlight don't work?
GliderLover is offline Find More Posts by GliderLover
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
may i ask a RMA to smartieparts if my backlight don't work?
I'm sure Steven will work with you, no problem there. First though have you followed all of his troubleshooting tips? Which can be found here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=317210

-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
Registered User
BillyP52's Avatar
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2010
138 Posts
Off Topic Question

Has anyone heard how Steven's son is doing.....have not seen anything mentioned on the thread....pray all is good

Bill
BillyP52 is offline Find More Posts by BillyP52
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:14 AM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
glider....go back a couple pages and click on s_macks name in blue that will take you to his blog page and there is alot of information there about the return process and testing to isolate the problem.
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:15 AM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
ghost scrolled right by your post...redundant sorry....just noticed.
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:15 PM
Registered User
deadaim57's Avatar
United States, LA, Winnfield
Joined Jul 2011
249 Posts
I wonder when these boards will be in stock,i see there -100 right now.
Tom
deadaim57 is offline Find More Posts by deadaim57
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
Registered User
crucial's Avatar
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
The website says mid to late october so hopefully that means in a few days or in the next few weeks.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:16 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Hi folks!

Yes, we're on backorder... again. I've just never been able to quite keep up with the demand. This time the problem is a combination of Chinese holidays (which I swear extend unofficially to 2 weeks on either side of the official ones) and one of the key components being out of stock at the supplier. Apparently the part has been in for a few days, but so far I don't have any updated ETA. Hopefully soon!

Wow... -100. That's incredible. I keep expecting it to slow down, but it doesn't! Its actually -130 because there's a commercial customer that's not showing up in the count.

BillyP52, thank you for the concern! My son is now doing fine. He's got an allergy to at least cow's milk protein, but it appears to be something else as well. Mother has cut all dairy from her diet completely, but the symptoms are still there whenever we try breastmilk again. Looks like the little guy just might have to stay on some fancy-schmancy formula for the foreseeable future. But at least he's symptom-free while eating that stinky stuff! That's the important thing right now. The pediatrician says its not uncommon and that they usually grow out of it after a few years.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:49 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,461 Posts
Steven: I'm not surprised at the ongoing sales volume for your board, having purchased it and enjoying it and my 9x immensely. It (along with Erazz'es new firmware (and of course all the other guys helping him enhance it) makes a good cheap radio into an amazingly adaptable/programmable radio. I'm no geek on this, but last night finished converting a scratchbuilt P40 from flaperons for a Futaba rx and their wierd programming techniques into a single servo flaps, single servo ailerons setup using a 6ch hobbyking rx and my 9x, that I used the three position switch to give slow operating 10 and 20 percent flaps. It was easy to do, and works super! Took maybe 20 minutes to program all the functions including dual rates, expo for main controls and the 3 position flaps. Also, my backlight works now and adds even more value to the package - your support is super!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:50 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Hi folks!

Yes, we're on backorder... again. I've just never been able to quite keep up with the demand. This time the problem is a combination of Chinese holidays (which I swear extend unofficially to 2 weeks on either side of the official ones) and one of the key components being out of stock at the supplier. Apparently the part has been in for a few days, but so far I don't have any updated ETA. Hopefully soon!

Wow... -100. That's incredible. I keep expecting it to slow down, but it doesn't! Its actually -130 because there's a commercial customer that's not showing up in the count.

BillyP52, thank you for the concern! My son is now doing fine. He's got an allergy to at least cow's milk protein, but it appears to be something else as well. Mother has cut all dairy from her diet completely, but the symptoms are still there whenever we try breastmilk again. Looks like the little guy just might have to stay on some fancy-schmancy formula for the foreseeable future. But at least he's symptom-free while eating that stinky stuff! That's the important thing right now. The pediatrician says its not uncommon and that they usually grow out of it after a few years.

- Steven
Thanx for the updates. Congrats on the continuing demand for your SP board (love mine), and glad to hear the good news about your son. One of our boys had to go the soy substitute for (maybe?) the same problems. No big deal in the long run, hopefully the same for yours.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Download RCDeskpilot Add-on Planes In Post #1 UPDATED MARCH 7 2011 Wilfor Simulators 197 Jul 23, 2014 09:01 AM
Sold RealFlight G3.5 With Controller and Vol. 3 Add-On Rob02Aggie Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 3 Nov 13, 2010 02:13 PM
Question Searching RC Car with transmitter having the pots NOT soldered directly on the board Nase Electric Power Cars 0 Nov 07, 2010 08:46 AM
Discussion Built-in-Balancer: Replace a 14.4 nihm pack with 5S LiFE leveraging original charger? coreyfro DIY Electronics 0 Nov 05, 2010 09:33 AM