SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:38 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
i guess thats the info

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7855

thnks

trace 17 must be cut by force? or no need to make the cut?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:00 PM
Joined Dec 2003
422 Posts
just installed my board in two transmitters, one to upgrade friend's tx and my unit.
works great
lennyk is online now Find More Posts by lennyk
Old Oct 03, 2011, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2003
422 Posts
is it safe to assume that this board/eepe can be used to try out other firmware for the 9x eg th9x, radioclone etc ?
lennyk is online now Find More Posts by lennyk
Old Oct 03, 2011, 03:52 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyk View Post
is it safe to assume that this board/eepe can be used to try out other firmware for the 9x eg th9x, radioclone etc ?
Yes it will program any firmware to the radio. If you save the original you can even put that back on later if you want.
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:21 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,545 Posts
Original FS9 Firmware

When I installed Er9x I forgot to make a backup of the original FW.
Can someone attach a copy to a post or pm me?
Not that I plan to go back but you never know.
Thanks
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:46 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
> When I installed Er9x I forgot to make a backup of the original FW.

I used this just last week to put my 9x (temporarily) back to the original firmware. It worked just fine.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3316659
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:42 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
> When I installed Er9x I forgot to make a backup of the original FW.

I used this just last week to put my 9x (temporarily) back to the original firmware. It worked just fine.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3316659
Thanks, I'll keep that safe.
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:12 AM
Joined Jul 2009
697 Posts
I still haven't had a minute to breathe and install the replacement board from Steve. I was really hoping to get this all setup and start using it before winter... Not sure I'll be able to.
AirChime is offline Find More Posts by AirChime
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:29 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirChime View Post
I still haven't had a minute to breathe and install the replacement board from Steve. I was really hoping to get this all setup and start using it before winter... Not sure I'll be able to.
While some here may say it only takes a few minutes to do the deed, probably not so. I am slow and methodical and triple checked every step to make sure I didn't screw anything up. That said, the entire process took far less than one hour. That's opening up the radio, installing the EL panel, installing the SP board, removing the board to be able to get the connector on, re-installing the board, replacing the radio back and flashing the new firmware. (If I were to do another it would be a 20 minute job.) Can't you find even an hour to get-er-done? Winter can be a long time in places.

Ted
G550Ted is online now Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:51 AM
Joined Jul 2009
697 Posts
Not yet - I've been spending a lot of time away from models and when I'm around them other priorities take my time.
AirChime is offline Find More Posts by AirChime
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:37 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirChime View Post
Not yet - I've been spending a lot of time away from models and when I'm around them other priorities take my time.
I hate it when life interferes with fun things.

Ted
G550Ted is online now Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
Lipoly Killer
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,515 Posts
Reporting in.....

Hello to all. I read the posts about the Turnigy 9 and was fascinated. I just ordered my radio from China and went to Steven's website and ordered the programmer/backlight. I'm now -55! Since I don't have my radio yet and a mid-November date for the backorder, everything is ok. Plus I have my 9303 to use until then.
I had to order a mode 1 tx from HK. Is it difficult to change to mode 2? I have never tried mode 1 before. Heck, who knows?
Anyway, I look forward to continue reading this thread!
Frank
Frank Hurd is offline Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:45 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd View Post
Hello to all. I read the posts about the Turnigy 9 and was fascinated. I just ordered my radio from China and went to Steven's website and ordered the programmer/backlight. I'm now -55! Since I don't have my radio yet and a mid-November date for the backorder, everything is ok. Plus I have my 9303 to use until then.
I had to order a mode 1 tx from HK. Is it difficult to change to mode 2? I have never tried mode 1 before. Heck, who knows?
Anyway, I look forward to continue reading this thread!
Frank
I haven't change the mode of the radio, but I understand it is very easy to do. Try asking in this forum for directions.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575

While you are waiting for your radio I suggest that you do some reading and download eepe to familiarize yourself with how it works. You could start with this intro to eepe:
http://er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk...eFirstTime.pdf

-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:02 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
I had to order a mode 1 tx from HK. Is it difficult to change to mode 2
Frank, welcome (not that I am an official host or anything...) but yes, I did change a mode 1 to a mode 2. It's not hard at all. REmomve the 6 back screws, carefully unplug the long thin multi-wire connector that links the module electronics with the front half.

It will be obvious once you look at it, there is a couple of screws that hold the notch detent spring clamp on the right stick. remove those, pay attention to the threads on the screws as one is (or was when I did it) coarse thread, and 1 is fine thread.

Put those parts on the other gimbal, and find the spring that holds the left gimble on center, and move that to the right side.

Hope that helps.

pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:07 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Frank, in fact, found a nice step by step guide with good pics.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/T...nversion/5832/
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20