Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:09 AM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
I guess the point of my humor...and you will soon see....that once the hardware is in place-stevens board or the hard way--soldering in a connector-- its so smooth and easy to do lots of things like changing firmware. changing mixes and trying them out on the eepe simulator: one of thos e things like cell phones you will wonder how you got along without it.

I gotta say that sarcasm isnt my strong suit...irony and self deprication is more my wheelhouse! lol gotta take my material on the road and try it out more often!

pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljutin View Post
I understand, i tried to follow the guide exactly. I had the board taken out
and measured with the panel disconnected.
OK, just thought I'd check.

Contact me with your order number (or full name and I can look it up) from my website contact page and we can process and RMA to get you a new one. I guess your EL chip died? Of course that shouldn't happen... but there's always going to be some bad ones. If you don't care enough about the light to bother swapping out and shipping back, etc... contact me anyway.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:51 PM
Trollhattan, Sweden
Joined Aug 2004
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
OK, just thought I'd check.

Contact me with your order number (or full name and I can look it up) from my website contact page and we can process and RMA to get you a new one. I guess your EL chip died? Of course that shouldn't happen... but there's always going to be some bad ones. If you don't care enough about the light to bother swapping out and shipping back, etc... contact me anyway.

- Steven
Thank you Steven. You have helped me to the point that i am satisfied, i't could very well be my own fault that the EL panel not working anymore, because i have taken it out so many times helping my friends update their
radios so something might have happened then (ESD?) and a RMA would not be fair.

- Christian Gustafsson
Soljutin is offline Find More Posts by Soljutin
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:04 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
I appreciate the fairness Christian! If you're satisfied, then I am satisfied
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:56 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,694 Posts
You are so right with the cell phone analogy. I really had no idea that this level of programming would be useful or fun. For example - we are having a SuperFly pylon race next month. The superflys are not here yes, so I downloaded one as a sim for Realflight. Hooked up the TX to Realflight and started tweaking and trying different ideas so I could wrap the plane around the pole quickly, but be smooth between the poles. Basically I needed maximum up elev for the turn, but that got me into major trouble on the strait. Ultimately I took almost all of the down elevator out and set up the up elev to be gently until the signal hit -95 (strong up elev) and at that point the elev gives full up deflection. I've no idea how I could have done that with my major brand TX - but it's not too hard with the 9x. BTW - that crazy configuration works great for pylon racing - ONLY. (or simulating an insect smoking crack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
I guess the point of my humor...and you will soon see....that once the hardware is in place-stevens board or the hard way--soldering in a connector-- its so smooth and easy to do lots of things like changing firmware. changing mixes and trying them out on the eepe simulator: one of thos e things like cell phones you will wonder how you got along without it.

I gotta say that sarcasm isnt my strong suit...irony and self deprication is more my wheelhouse! lol gotta take my material on the road and try it out more often!

pat
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:56 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2011
564 Posts
**** Sold ****

I accidentally ordered two boards (with the help of my wife who said she didn't order one, but did).

I'm selling the extra one I just received for $26 shipped.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512583
Markran is offline Find More Posts by Markran
Last edited by Markran; Sep 26, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:35 PM
Joined Jan 2008
235 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to Steve It was a bit like christmas today - got my new tgy 9x, frsky diy module & steve's pogo board & backlight in the post this morning. It took under an hour to fit the module, backlight & board & re flash the tx with the er9x firmware. Fantastic bit of kit, I just wish my flysky th-9x didn't have a v1 mainboard!
Thanks again for getting it out so quickly despite all the other stuff you've had to deal with recently.
jonnyc67 is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc67
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:00 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
You're very welcome...

Now, about that "other stuff"... I came on here to post notice that I won't be able to conduct any business this week. Not that it really matters much, since I'm sold out now anyway (Markran - you undoubtedly could have gotten MORE than the $40 you paid... hehe)... but my 1-month old is back in the hospital as of today. Nothing serious we hope, but he'll be there for a few days so I strongly suspect I won't be able to come online for awhile to help out. Anyone having troubles with anything should be able to get help from the others who frequent this thread.

- Steven
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
can anyone help me with a friend? he says he dont success making to work the backlight panel,

any idea about what he could check with a multi meter ?

also, he has the HK led backlight, to make it work with the board, what are the connections that should be done?

Thnks
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:01 PM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
can anyone help me with a friend? he says he dont success making to work the backlight panel,

any idea about what he could check with a multi meter ?

also, he has the HK led backlight, to make it work with the board, what are the connections that should be done?

Thnks
Click on s_mack's name. He has all the troubleshooting for the EL under there.
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:48 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
You're very welcome...

Now, about that "other stuff"... I came on here to post notice that I won't be able to conduct any business this week. Not that it really matters much, since I'm sold out now anyway (Markran - you undoubtedly could have gotten MORE than the $40 you paid... hehe)... but my 1-month old is back in the hospital as of today. Nothing serious we hope, but he'll be there for a few days so I strongly suspect I won't be able to come online for awhile to help out. Anyone having troubles with anything should be able to get help from the others who frequent this thread.

- Steven
All the best with the kid!
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:51 PM
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2010
138 Posts
Go be a Dad ..... all this stuff with the toy airplanes will be here when your son comes out of hospital...he is the important thing.

Will say a few words for your family tonight.

Bill P
BillyP52 is offline Find More Posts by BillyP52
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:58 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
+1...
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:47 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohsthb View Post
Click on s_mack's name. He has all the troubleshooting for the EL under there.
-Gohst
he said fails in test 2, so IC2 is broken, thnks for your help

any one know how must be done to connect the s_mack board with the HK Led panel for the 9x ?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:58 AM
Naperville, IL
Joined Mar 2009
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
he said fails in test 2, so IC2 is broken, thnks for your help

any one know how must be done to connect the s_mack board with the HK Led panel for the 9x ?
You would have to cut the trace at pin17? (the backlight pin) and install the transistor or FET off of that. Someone posted directions to do that somewhere I think. Try the er9x wiki.
-Gohst
gohsthb is offline Find More Posts by gohsthb