HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:29 AM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Jimbello, I found the post... he is still experimenting as he does not yet have his tx... but this indicates how cool it is, you can work on mixes without the radio....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5805

So post if you think this looks ok... and you can send billyp51 a private message and ask him if anyone ever replied on the 9x how to thread because I look a couple pages after and no response. This is primarily because the 9x craze hasnt caught up to the sailplane crowd yet,(thats my suppostition, I could be wrong.) We saw a similar thing early (been following thread since november '10) early on when they were not really playing with Heli set-ups and templates until peeps started chiming in, and erazz and lots of others relaly started to work on the code. Its a powerfull communication hub. Because it draws the rescources of alot of smart people together.... the ones that know how to write the code, and the ones that know what they need to fly their various stuff. 3/4 of it is clearly over my head tech wise... but I still find it fascinating and sometimes learn a thing or two.!

Erazz has to be one of the smartest guys out there, and all you guys have to do is present him with some of the leg work, and post revision requests through the google site and I'm sure its a matter of time before there is a Sailplane template... or multiple templates for various sailplane options. At least I hope that is a posibility.

Additional post found, looks glider specific, but maybe you can make heads or tails of it. He does a pretty good job explaining what the mix does for him.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4976

Hope it helps

pat

Go WIngs!!!!
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Last edited by wheelspinner20; Apr 23, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:18 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manunele View Post
in the dark you can hardly see .. is much less light than the pictures you see on the site ..
Can you post a picture of yours?

I've said before that the camera sees the light differently than our eyes do. It looks brighter in the photo. I didn't do it deliberately to make it look better Its just how the camera sees it.

Several people have mentioned they thought the light is "too dim", but (as Wheelspinner said) its a backlight, not a spotlight. People expect it to be like their cellphone, etc. Its a different technology - EL "glows"... it does not "shine". But that's what you want anyway! Think about it... if it was bright like your phone and you are flying in the dark and you look at the screen then look up but now all you see is a spot burned into your eyeball... CRASH Seriously! You do not want a little bright light screwing with your night vision or distracting you. Presuming it is working correctly, you should be able to read the text on the screen comfortably in all light conditions except for bright light (it won't help with sun reflecting, for example). So in the day you may not be able to see the backlight, but you don't need to. In low-light, you'll see a soft glow and can read the text easier than if you had no backlight. In dark conditions, you can't read the screen without backlight, but with it you can read it easily.

If yours is REALLY dim, then maybe something is wrong. Use a meter that can measure AC voltage and put the red lead from your meter on one of the EL connector pins and the black lead from your meter on the spot marked GND and tell me what you get.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
dark ? remember it is not a spot light, just to make reading easy.
Grootwitbass said that.... not that it matters....

Quote:
was to remove the protective film in the white part of 'EL?
Manunele.... try a different translator tool, or use different words.... above what you posted, does this mean that you removed something from the el panel?? Or did that mean that you were asking IF you should do that or not.??

try google translator, I'm sure the problem, if it is one, can be resolved.

Pat
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:19 PM
Entropy Happens!
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
Jimbello, I found the post... he is still experimenting as he does not yet have his tx... but this indicates how cool it is, you can work on mixes without the radio....

Hope it helps

pat

Go WIngs!!!!
Thanks for going to all that trouble to help Pat!
I will probably end up going with the upgrade anyway. I am convinced of the superiority even though I don't fully understand why. It will no doubt become clear as I read more and just do it.

Jim.
Jim.Thompson is offline Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Another foam plank build...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:38 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jun 2004
1,746 Posts
I think the backlight is spot on!

I flew with it in the dark and it was excellent. When flying in the dark you don't want it too bright or it will ruin your night vision.

Steven, you have a package in the mail
erazz is offline Find More Posts by erazz
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:48 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
If you havnt read the manual for erazz's er9x yet, here is the pdf link

http://er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk...rs%20Guide.pdf

here is the first page with all the good links on it.

Download eepe and try out the simulator.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
i post hoto indoor with normal light and photo indoor without light..
The last picture is the film that I took away from EL of the white part.
manunele is offline Find More Posts by manunele
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manunele View Post
i post hoto indoor with normal light and photo indoor without light..
The last picture is the film that I took away from EL of the white part.
was to remove the film from te EL? (look 3 pictures)
manunele is offline Find More Posts by manunele
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:07 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,038 Posts
I tried searching this thread and will ask on the 9x thread too, but what is the visual difference between the V1 and V2 of this radio ?

thanks
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:51 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,080 Posts
I'm ready to buy where do I sign up
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined May 2007
33 Posts
Should you take the plastic film off the El before placing it behind the screen or doesn't it really matter? Having just downloaded the fitting instructions in advance it doesn't say to remove it but it doesn't say not to either....
mblake01 is offline Find More Posts by mblake01
Old Apr 23, 2011, 07:07 PM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
Don't remove it. Nothing should be removed.
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas
Old Apr 23, 2011, 07:49 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
captain geek.... go to the first page of the 9x custom firmware thread.... the first post has a link to smatyarparts.com thats where you purchase the solderless programmer board and el backlight kit.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Or captain geek if you didnt already find it...

here ya go

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=331
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,224 Posts
Regarding that film... I used to say "don't remove it" because the manufacturer told me not to, but I've since determined it was a "lost in translation" moment and its simply a protective cover that you can leave on or take off. It really shouldn't make a difference either way.

Manunele... I think from your pictures that it looks normal. But of course every camera is different. If you think it is too dim then measure the AC voltage like I asked before and we can figure it out.

- Steven

ps. Erazz... NOW I'm excited!! Can't wait.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack