SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2011, 01:23 AM
Australia, New South Wales, Hobartville
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
You can assign them to do several things. Is there something specific you can't get them to do?
I wanted to use the pit trim pot on the front of the radio to move a single servo, I want to use this servo to adjust the high speed needle on the heli whilst flying.

At the moment the top 2x pots on the radio trim the head up and down.

I want to use aux 7 or 8 for the mix servo.
phantom1500 is offline Find More Posts by phantom1500
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 01:28 AM
Australia, New South Wales, Hobartville
Joined Jan 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazz View Post
It's an odd mix of C, C++, ANSI C and ruby. Weird, I know but it works. You can generally treat the code as C++.
cheers
phantom1500 is offline Find More Posts by phantom1500
Old Jan 06, 2011, 06:06 AM
Joined May 2010
40 Posts
Getting back on topic, if I order a board now will it have the mod (to prevent resetting) already done?
SLATYE is offline Find More Posts by SLATYE
Old Jan 06, 2011, 12:30 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Yeah, it will. I posted somewhere (don't remember which thread exactly) that all new orders will have all fixes to date already applied. Its almost a moot point though. I've basically sold out. There's ONE unit still hanging around waiting to be bought, but then Rev 2 are sold out. It kind of caught me by surprise (a lot of orders over the holidays that i still have to solder!) and I don't yet have more on order. I was going to design a Rev 3 with some feature changes, but due to selling out I'm going to do a Rev 2.1 that just applies the fixes (and a few minor layout changes for more efficient soldering)

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:53 PM
Joined May 2010
40 Posts
Sounds good. Will there be another long delay until the next batch is ready, or will they be quicker?
SLATYE is offline Find More Posts by SLATYE
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:28 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
QuickER, but not quick.

I've got the (minor) alterations done on the design and I'll send that off to the fab house tonight. That takes about 2 weeks. In the meantime, I'll order up the components. Pretty common parts so hopefully nothing's out of stock but that happens sometimes.

I'd say a realistic guesstimate for shipping would be end of the month.

- Steven
Old Jan 06, 2011, 11:27 PM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Oh good. I was afraid I was gonna miss out on these. Didn't wanna have to wait months to upgrade my 9X.

Todd
Prowler901 is offline Find More Posts by Prowler901
Old Jan 08, 2011, 06:57 AM
joey1117
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
323 Posts
Hello I seen the write up on rcgroups for the 9x what i was wanting to know can you make a sheet of this for back lighting only for the futaba 9z the screen is about 1 3/4 x4 1/2 the battery is 11 volts now the 9z radio is great but needs a blue back light this would be a hot seller . As a side note on the inverter there is not much room inside the 9z let me know please
joe
joey1117 is offline Find More Posts by joey1117
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:47 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Hi joe. I presume you're the guy that emailed me. As mentioned in the email... I'd be happy to look at developing it. How sure are you on that screen size? Did you measure or are you just eyeballing it? 1.75x4.5 = 7.875in2 and my circuit as-is powers up to 6.0in2 effectively. Even if you're off by just a little... say 1.5x4.0... then we can use the existing circuit and just need new panels.

- Steven
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:14 PM
USA, IA, Altoona
Joined Oct 2009
10 Posts
new board purchase

my order shipped on dec 14th will that have the fix or can i return it for one that has it? i havnt opened it yet.
draconis is offline Find More Posts by draconis
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:26 PM
Ground-Attack!
Spain
Joined Jan 2005
55 Posts
Nothing happened

After installing the board in my 9x, nothing happened when I inserted the USB cable. I had expected it to power on the tx screen.

Opened it up and found a tiny piece of plastic on the top of the +5 pogo pin. I removed it and cleaned the pads on the tx board.

It is working fine now.
Martin@ul.ie is offline Find More Posts by Martin@ul.ie
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:19 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Was it white plastic by any chance?

draconis... shipped back then, no it would not have the fix done. Sure you can return it and I'll apply the fix if you'd like.

- Steven
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:10 PM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
911 Posts
Turnigy 9x backlight..on/off switch

Hi Group,
I have recently purchased and installed Smartieparts (white PCB ) add-on board programmer/EL backlight in my new 9x. USBasp driver is installed all ok. The windows device manager indicates USBasp is working . The 9x powers up from the USB port with the 9x battery disconnected. At this stage I want to wait before proceeding to read out and save the original eeprom and firmware. I am using the 9x with the original HK/Turnigy (updated?) firmware for the time being. The 9x is a recent HK purchase December.

I would like to use just the backlight function of the add-on programmer board with the original firmware.
Is it possible to turn on the EL backlight when using the 9x with original Turnigy V2 firmware?
Do I need to add an on/off switch for the EL backlight?
Is there a circuit diagram and layout for the add-on board.

I have electronics quals and are handy with a soldering iron.

Lindsay
Pisces is offline Find More Posts by Pisces
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:38 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Schematic for the add-on board. Lindsay, if you don't mind the question.. what are you using the radio for? I ask because I cant think of anything at all that I liked about the stock firmware when compared to Erazz's ER9x. ?

Pat.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=77
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:53 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Lindsay,

My board is designed to have the EL turn on (off) when power is provided to (removed removed from) the 9x's CPU Pin #17. The original firmware has no mechanism to perform that function. So no, you can't really use it - at least not as intended - with the original firmware. If you're dead set on sticking with the stock firmware, then this is what you have to do:

1) (optional but recommended) - Remove the VDD pin from the add-on board, or just put a piece of electricians tape on the pin so its no longer making contact with the board. I'm not really sure this is necessary but since you aren't using that connection I figure its best to take it out of the equation.

2) Locate a regulated 5v source from your radio (there are several) and solder a wire to it. Solder the other end of the wire to the VDD pad on the add-on board.

3) Now cut that wire in the middle and solder each of the cut ends to whatever switch you're going to use. If you're adding your own hardware switch, then this should be straight forward. If you plan on using one of the existing switches then keep in mind that you're not only turning on/off the light, but also engaging whatever other function that switch does, unless you disconnect it appropriately.

But I highly recommend you go to the er9x firmware and just do it through the firmware!

- Steven