HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2003, 09:35 PM
Fly Backwards
Pittsburg KS, USA
Joined Dec 2000
810 Posts
Li'l Edgy kits now available

Hi All,

I finally got all the parts together for my limited run of Lil' Edgy kits and am ready to start offering them through www.av8hobbies.com We only have around 20 kits available from the first run since they are hand cut. Once these are sold I will look at finding ways to get the Depron machine cut if there appears to be sufficient demand.

Mike
hcopter is offline Find More Posts by hcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Bro #495
Farmington NM
Joined Apr 2002
3,193 Posts
Looks like a great plane. Do you think it would handle a Razor set up for a 2 cell etec 600? It should be about 3/4 oz over the A drive/2s etec 700 set up.
fwilly is offline Find More Posts by fwilly
Old Jul 14, 2003, 10:09 PM
Fly Backwards
Pittsburg KS, USA
Joined Dec 2000
810 Posts
I think it should handle a light Razor setup, I don't have experience with the Razor yet but am getting close to going that route as I always need more power The wing is very strong, no problem there, you may want to add doublers to the nose but it's pretty stiff as is.

Current weight is right at 5.5oz with landing gear, GWS A, and three cell 250 Etec. But, that's with all stock, un-lighted gear and built with hot glue, so it could be quite a bit lighter with a bit of work.

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Bro #495
Farmington NM
Joined Apr 2002
3,193 Posts
I have a GWS rx/servo set up that I lightened for a scratch built T3D look alike that didn't fly so well, and a RZ350 that jumps from plane to plane. This plane is looking pretty tempting right now.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 05:03 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
This is my T3D replacement. Can't wait to get it going.

Jason
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:06 AM
Pro Bro #495
Farmington NM
Joined Apr 2002
3,193 Posts
Got any videos yet? Could you give some more specs, like WS and WL. How well does it hover?
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:54 AM
Fly Backwards
Pittsburg KS, USA
Joined Dec 2000
810 Posts
Jason,
Let us know how it goes, I'm eager to have a few others fly it and see if they like it as well as I have.

fwilly,

Here's a link to the video and the original thread which has more info and pictures:

http://members.cox.net/smiffy/edgyfly8mb.WMV
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1

The wing area is 158 square inches and weight is around 5.5oz which puts it around 5oz/sq ft. It hovers better than I can I can hover it for several seconds but I usually lose it when it starts to torque roll.

Mike
Last edited by hcopter; Jul 15, 2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Bro #495
Farmington NM
Joined Apr 2002
3,193 Posts
thanks. I wonder how I missed that thread. I know what you mean about the turque rolls. I have the same problem. I set my personal record this weekend at 2.5 roations with my Mini IFO. My hovering improved alot this weekend because I got a lot of indoor flying in at the CAF and Big Springs fun flys.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 02:18 AM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,407 Posts
Greetings,

Just my Li'l Edgy kit today. Very nice kit. I really like this first run kit. The hand cut items, pen marking for the wing spar location, and all the little hardware in the way it is, gives it a personal touch. Yet very clean and professional.

Very complete kit, less motor and electronics. I like the CD, another nice touch. Beside building instructions, which come in PDF or Word format, there are videos of making the wing, and of flying this bird. I expect to take about a week or two or so. Only being that I have some other projects that need finishing first.

I plan on running it stock. IPS A drive motor on 2x730 TP cells, pico servos and RX, Pixie 7p controller. Same setup as with my T3D, and am very happy with it. Not sure what adhesive to use yet. The Hot glue shown is sure fast, but at a weight penalty.
I tried some foam safe CA on my T3D, and was not happy with at all.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2003, 08:58 AM
PittsLover
Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
910 Posts
Jared...
Keep us posted.......I have one on order.
BTW, what problems did you have with the "fom friendly" CA on the T3D ??
I plan on building mine this weekend, and was going to use it.....
Thanks....

Jim
houfek is offline Find More Posts by houfek
Old Jul 18, 2003, 04:25 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,407 Posts
Hi Jim,

Will keep posted. Would love to jump on this one, but just a couple of projects ahead of that must be completed.

The brand of CA that I used was ZAP-O CA+ oderless. I just did not dry in a timely maner. It states to hold the pieces for 15-20 seconds. After nearly 10 minutes, it still was not dry. It had been open for a while, so I tried a new bottle. Same thing. Now this was the first time I have used this product, and I have not used another brand, which I do plan on doing. There is also Probond that I have heard of and seem on this forum. Just the discoloration bothers me some.

Hope you gets your soon, and in good shape from the shipper.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2003, 11:34 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Finally got my Lil' Edgy done and flew it a few times today. It flies great and is a real blast. Setup is IPS Dual 4.8A wired in series, 3S Kokam 880's, 10x8. Plenty of power and nice flight times. I am going to be using the 340's when they arrive. As I stated in another thread, this plane is tough. I was flying off the roof of my house, and while "landing" I hit the side of the house and it fell 2 stories to the ground. Picked it up and flew it again with no damage. My question is how/where are you mounting the battery? Thanks

Jason

P.S. Worth the money for a strong quick building plane.
Old Aug 06, 2003, 06:07 AM
AV8
Kansas
Joined Jul 2002
908 Posts
Jason,

How long did it take to get the kit to BC? The batteries have been mounted above the balance point either on the side of the fuse of on the top of the wing with velcro. Depending on your setup, you can mount them almost anywhere.

KsFlyer
KsFlyer is offline Find More Posts by KsFlyer
Old Aug 06, 2003, 01:02 PM
South Carolina
Joined Dec 2002
194 Posts
had to have one

Well there goes another 50 bucks.. after seeing the video of the Lil Edgy flying, I coudlnt resist it. I have about 7 other planes that I need to build but none of them will fly this slow and this aerobatic I dont think, the closest would probably be my MiniGeeBee. This one is a bit more scale, so I definitly cant wait to get it and get it in the air. I think its a mental illness, the lighter and more aerobatic the planes get, the faster my hand reaches for the wallet. I need help!! ...nahhhh...
ksavage68 is offline Find More Posts by ksavage68
Old Aug 06, 2003, 09:32 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
I just taped the batteries to the side of the fuse for now. Once I get the pack that I will be using for this plane I will rig up some sort of holder. After you got the control horns in, it was only a few days for the kit to arrive. I'm going to go fly the Edgy now with full throws. Will get a pic later.

Jason