HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
Joined Apr 2005
39 Posts
Discussion
Charging 138Mah 1S E-flite batteries

I don't see an adapter on the FMA site to allow charging this tiny battery! Is there somthing that would allow charging 3 or 4 at the same time on my Celpro Multi 4? I'd be happy to be able to charge just one at a time even! HK have a 6 lead connector for this purpose (although you could only use 4 of them with this charger) but it has a 2 pin connector which won't work on the standard board I got with the charger. SteveM732 show such a beast in his review of the charger in MAr. 2009, but I can't find any other reference to it.
SuperCub Man is offline Find More Posts by SuperCub Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:17 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,159 Posts
I'm using this one. It comes with banana plugs, which I wanted to retain so I could use it with my PL8. To work with my Cellpro 4s I created a banana plug to FMA adapter using binding posts and an FMA 5 pin node adapter.

Here's another option. You would still need adapt it the FMA plug style using either an adapter, or by cutting off the end and adding a FMA plug such as the CPBP7.

http://www.progressiverc.com/index.p...emart&Itemid=1

On the FMA plug, wiring is simple, black to black, red to red. Inside pins are not used and can be removed.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:27 AM
Joined Feb 2007
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
I'm using this one. It comes with banana plugs, which I wanted to retain so I could use it with my PL8. To work with my Cellpro 4s I created a banana plug to FMA adapter using binding posts and an FMA 5 pin node adapter.

Hi! Would you mind telling me where you purchased this adapter board. I notice the Hyperion brand name on the adapter board but can't seem to find it at Hyperion's website.

TIA.

Cheers,
-Raymund
Nico-tin is offline Find More Posts by Nico-tin
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:57 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCub Man View Post
I don't see an adapter on the FMA site to allow charging this tiny battery! Is there somthing that would allow charging 3 or 4 at the same time on my Celpro Multi 4? I'd be happy to be able to charge just one at a time even! HK have a 6 lead connector for this purpose (although you could only use 4 of them with this charger) but it has a 2 pin connector which won't work on the standard board I got with the charger. SteveM732 show such a beast in his review of the charger in MAr. 2009, but I can't find any other reference to it.
Hi,

We have these in stock:

CP125ADP

Cellpro Multi4 adapter for small single cell lipos
Charge adapter for single cell lipos. Designed for the micro and indoor market, this adapter permits you to charge up to 3 single cell lipos simultaneously with the Cellpro Multi4 charger. The adapter supports the 125MM connector found on the popular line of indoor models sold under the Park Zone brand. To purchase this adapter in a Multi 4 combo package. Click here to view the instruction sheet for the CP125ADP. This adapter will not work with the Cellpro 4S or 10S chargers. Although those chargers are designed to charge single cells, the smallest capacity cells you may safely charge are 350 mAh. $9.95
IN STOCK

http://www.fmadirect.com/products.htm?cat=20&nid=71
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:51 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Hi, We have these in stock:

CP125ADP

http://www.fmadirect.com/products.htm?cat=20&nid=71

Cool Howard! Didn't know FMA had that solution. That's way more convienient than my Hyperion HP-LGUM6PADAP to banana plug adapter to JST-Xh to FMA adapter solution that I cobbled together.

Nico, I got mine from AlleRc. Just checked thier web site and I don't see it any more. Here's more info on the unit.
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/g3lipo/lgum6p.htm
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:54 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
This adapter will not work with the Cellpro 4S or 10S chargers. Although those chargers are designed to charge single cells, the smallest capacity cells you may safely charge are 350 mAh.
Howard, can you expand on this a little? What are the risks and safety issues? Is this due to the fixed DC to DC converter frequency?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:41 PM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Howard, can you expand on this a little? What are the risks and safety issues? Is this due to the fixed DC to DC converter frequency?
Hi,

Actually, this isn't really so much of a safety issue as it is a limitation of the earlier chargers. Since they can not go below around 250 mA on the output current, they don't really finish the charge off properly. This requires something like the Multi4 or the PL8 which will go down to the C/10 rate levels required to properly finalize the charge on very small capacity LiPo's.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos