HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:51 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Raz, just for the sake of posterity you may want to take a pic of that bird while all of it bits are in perfect working order. I wish you all the best with that bird.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:09 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,220 Posts
lol

already done lol

and recorded settings as well.

I actually started a thread on here asking for help and a few members helped me out a lot,

Plus

I met a guy at park this week whom knows his stuff with CP helis, and he would probably help me out as well if things go astray.

I hear good things about the new blade 450 - wish I could afford one, or something even better for that matter

look what i found for 100 RTF - but wont be getting

not sure on quality, but if I were a betting man

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=com991167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Raz, just for the sake of posterity you may want to take a pic of that bird while all of it bits are in perfect working order. I wish you all the best with that bird.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:35 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
look what i found for 100 RTF - but wont be getting

not sure on quality, but if I were a betting man

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=com991167
Where do you find these things? Actually Barak's heli is probably a solid buy for the money. I would suspect he would be the last one to sell a product that was not exactly as specified. He has probably thrown in a couple of "extras" as well.

The Leader Hobby parts prices are just downright scary, they are so low. I didn't think you could even get trained chimpanzees to work that cheap. Of course as we all know, you get what you pay for.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 06:39 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,220 Posts
exactly

lol

Quote:
Where do you find these things? Actually Barak's heli is probably a solid buy for the money. I would suspect he would be the last one to sell a product that was not exactly as specified. He has probably thrown in a couple of "extras" as well.

The Leader Hobby parts prices are just downright scary, they are so low. I didn't think you could even get trained chimpanzees to work that cheap. Of course as we all know, you get what you pay for.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:29 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,944 Posts
Hey Ryan, looks like the trade was a no go
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:27 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Of course as we all know, you get what you pay for.
That's right. I wouldn't be surprised if that heli would swallow a lot of time and money to make it fly right.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:55 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Okay Ryan! We are all waiting breathlessly. How did the maiden go? Are you successfully in the air with nothing broken? Did you get your settings correct? Inquiring minds need to know..........
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,220 Posts
It flew yes

At first the settings weren't correct, had a guy help me tonight, had to put pitch swash mix to 100% to get airborn (so something is definately wrong)

but it flew, but at this point it was dark, hard to see and had a little tail wag.

So I went to put it down (with training gear) and it flopped over even with power off and broke a blade and bent fly bar. Yes I'm a dumb a s s for flying in dark lol.

I am thinking I might fix it up, and sell it perhaps.

I read a lot of good things about the Blade 450; and it comes specktrumized............so.

perhaps in the future.

ESKY parts are too hard to get these days, so screw it,

Also

tonight while flying my stryker, the motor response stopped working mid flight, luckily the BEC kept servos working and it landed safely

BUT

upon tests, the ESC is buggered - wont arm motor.

So

emailed HH YET AGAIN to see if they warranty it.

My T-28's AR6200 with satellite stopped working last week, 2 weeks prior to warranty ending, so I have to send in that as well.

Always all consuming this hobby is; yet, i keep coming back like a crack who re wanting more

Quote:
Okay Ryan! We are all waiting breathlessly. How did the maiden go? Are you successfully in the air with nothing broken? Did you get your settings correct? Inquiring minds need to know..........
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,944 Posts
Ryan, it's a horrible addiction....I understand. Just the other night I couldn't help myself from ordering a S107. $19.36 door to door. The most "terrible" thing is....I never told wifey until tonight. I told her it's a gift which it is. I know it's only twenty bucks and it's a gift....I just couldn't say NO!

Now I just go with the flow

Really.....it's a gift
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:30 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,220 Posts
Mike

I would like to get a 3 ch heli for indoors

i miss one to be honest, simple and can be fun

here in the great white north we have a heli called the light hawk which is great, and parts are cheap and readily available.

i might go get one lol

and yes - its a gift lol
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
I just started flying my first heli, an MCX2, about two months ago. So far I've been able to "walk the line" just buying batteries and the odd spare part, but I'm getting close to the edge of losing all control and doing something foolish. I live in the frozen tundra fifty miles south of Lambeau Field so outdoor flying days are few to none. Indoor space is also somewhat limited, although I have heard a rumor that some guys sneak out and meet at the Oostburg H.S. gym in winter. If I should happen to be overwhelmed with lust for another VTOL, what would you guys recommend? My personal motto is "happy wife, happy life" so price is an object but I do hanker after scale performance as well as appearance. Ideas?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Last edited by 1Pilgrim; Aug 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Corrected typos
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Sorry about the cross post - I didn't know. Won't let it happen again.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,220 Posts
well if you're going to advance; I suggest a msr or blade 120 SR (a bit bigger though - would be great in gym) or if you wanted to learn Collective pitch then get a blade MCPX

msr
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3080

120 SR
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=BLH3180

MCPX
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=BLH3580

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
I just started flying my first heli, an MCX2, about two months ago. So far I've been able to "walk the line" just buying batteries and the odd spare part, but I'm getting close to the edge of losing all control and doing something foolish. I live in the frozen tundra fifty miles south of Lambeau Field so outdoor flying days are few to none. Indoor space is also somewhat limited, although I have heard a rumor that some guys sneak out and meet at the Oostburg H.S. gym in winter. If I should happen to be overwhelmed with lust for another VTOL, what would you guys recommend? My personal motto is "happy wife, happy life" so price is an object but I do hanker after scale performance as well as appearance. Ideas?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:01 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,831 Posts
Fun weekend over here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post19163296

Not sure if you can see this facebook page but give it a try and let me know:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/412551830343/
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,944 Posts
Rob, those are quite impressive speed recordings. I wondered how you guys clocked them. So, you came in second after the nitro Baja...not bad there Bud. BTW, it's very hard to tell how long the track is. Just guessing, I'd say around 100 yards.
Dang, you have some nice toys...I'm jealous...lol.