HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:32 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Yes! The water was cold but refreshing. I knew that particular lake last year, it's a good swimming lake. I would never fly my plane over water that wasn't safe to swim in. One thing I find with the Yukon that is different than life in Ontario is that when I lived in Ontario, I never went anywhere where I had to worry about currents and undercurrents. Now it's a different story over here. I'd love to fly over the Yukon river but it is fast flowing with undercurrents so it will never happen. I'm not a risk taker like that, I've got people who love me so I don't think it's fair to take silly chances.

Had a blast tongight with two friends at out little rc track. It was slashes and rustlers. If you fall to last place, you can cheat and cut corners. We set up cups that you can't hit or you're out accept for the big Mc Donalds coffee cup......that's the one that first place must hit after 3 laps. It was awesome!

Sounded like a blast. Any steaks, rum and cokes afterwards Fly over the Yukon river huh? Maybe I'll give the Malden river a go with my V4...a whole 50'

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:24 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Well I hope they are happy now...

It seems that the Republican-Tea Party-Democrats have managed to drop the U.S. credit rating down to AA+. That took a lot of effort over several years but they managed to do it.

The folks I feel sorry for are the common folks who happen to have VISA\MASTERCARD balances. Those who cannot afford to pay those cards off immediately are going to get screwed, blued and tatooed. Already there are reports that the credit card rates in the U.S. have risen almost instantly. Those with lines of credit are going to get slammed as well.

As I understand this mess, the credit rating doesn't mean a lot because the folks that can afford to buy U.S. Treasury notes don't have a lot of choice where to put their money.

Of course up in Canada, they will figure out some B.S. reason to raise the rates here as well.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:42 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Hey Raz, I didn't mean to turn political in this forum but right now I am so angry at Washington that I could just spit. A pox on all their houses.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:57 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
SO I'm off today and I'm thinking how nice it would be if my package arrived in the mail. Mid morning, I decided to head out into town to get something and guess what? THere's a delivery notice in my mail box. That rat ass bastard didn't even ring my bell! Just put the slip in the mailbox and drove away with my parcel.

Sorry, just had to vent
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:38 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Seems to be contagious right about now.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
they do the same here the lazy b.tards

John

I hear you loud and clear

they'll drain us dry the pricks

Quote:
SO I'm off today and I'm thinking how nice it would be if my package arrived in the mail. Mid morning, I decided to head out into town to get something and guess what? THere's a delivery notice in my mail box. That rat ass bastard didn't even ring my bell! Just put the slip in the mailbox and drove away with my parcel.

Sorry, just had to vent
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 14, 2011, 06:51 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Hey guys,

Anybody having problems loading google.com or searching through google? I'm trying to figure out if its my computer or everyone's

Got back today from 2 nights of camping at Fox Lake. Was in and out of the lake in the new Yayak several times, what a great time. My firend and I brought along out 10th scale cars and trucks and did some racing too.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 09:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
rob

there is a new google that is kind of a pain in the arse
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Hmm...I am using plain vanilla Google and it seems to be doing as well as it normally does. Who knows? Perhaps it is under attack by one of these hacker organizations.

I have had a good week in the air. I have tried to get in at least eight flights a day. I want to take advantage of this weather as much as I can. Today, I went a bit overboard and knocked out 12 flights.

It has been so quiet around here that I figured everyone must have left town or crashed everything they own.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:52 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
My Stryker got 98 mph on radar yesterday at club fun fly/BBQ.
Top speed was taken by a plane called a cloud dancer which was glow.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:24 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,499 Posts
This is the google we get:
http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8

What is "vanilla google."??

@Rob What!!!!! You mean there were no steaks, rum and cokes on your camping trip? Shame on you!! :-)

@John Glad to hear you are finally getting some decent flying time in. Sounds like you didn't even have a spring out there.

@Ryan I wanted to meet you at the BBQ but they wouldn't let me past the gate once I told them I had a plane that could do 100mph :-) Congrats on the 98mph. Is that a personal best? BTW, I hope your job is doing a bit better. People down here are starving for work. Pitiful really :-(

Weather has been kind of sucky here but, I did manage to get in 5 flights with my mcX outside Sat. night. Was dead calm and my V4 was down....bummer. Raining like all hell now!

Mike.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:49 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
Mike thanks

Only been clocked once, although I'd like to try different props if I get another chance.
Job is okay; youre right though - I am glad to have one.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:30 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
What a pain in the butt! I can't access google or my gmail account. I don't know what to do, any suggestions? My anti-virus norton software says all is fine.

?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:50 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,499 Posts
Quote:
What a pain in the butt! I can't access google or my gmail account. I don't know what to do, any suggestions? My anti-virus norton software says all is fine.

?
Rob, if you don't have "Glary Utilities" OR "CCleaner" (i have both) you may want to download them. These programs clean up all the bad registries. I'm not saying this is the problem but, ya never know. Good luck.

Mike.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,499 Posts
Hey Guys, I know a lot of you use large batteries. This came in my email from HobbyPartz.com. Sky Lipos. I have not heard of this brand, maybe you all have. Just an FYI:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/skyliposales.html

I hope Rob's pute didn't crash

Mike.