HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:09 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
LOL

Its pretty bad around London apparently.

Not sure how Tdot is doing yet as I haven't heard the news but you might remember that a some years ago (not long) when they got a few inches of snow they had to call in the Army and people referred to it as "snowmageddon" which is absolutely ridiculous.

In my neck of the woods we get a lot more than 2 inches of snow and I am not that far from Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Hey Raz,

Woke up this morning to the news of the weather in Ontario. Record breaking snow, winds and freezing cold in southern Ontario. Sounds pretty grim from what we are hearing out here in the Tropic of Vancouver. The CBC is saying that even the equipment of the military is having problems moving the snow. Apparently a lot of folks on the 402 around Sarnia spent the night in their cars last night because they couldn't move down the road. Does this mean that those who live in the centre of the Canadian universe, Toronto, will not be able to get their morning coffee at Tim Horton's or Starbucks? If Toronto is affected, that will make it a national emergency. Heaven forbid that life be anything other than absolutely perfect for the folks living in Toronto.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:08 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
hey guys

I built a UM GEEBEE cartoon style

Here is my blog if anyone is interested

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post16826538
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:32 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
It is always good to see Snoopy and Woodstock in the air. They let everyone know that all is good.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:11 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Hey Raz! According to the news this morning, it looks like the folks that got caught in that snowstorm around Sarnia have jumped on the finger pointing bandwagon. A few folks seem convinced that it is someone else's fault that they got caught and stuck in the snow.

Hmm. I build a bird. I fly the bird. I am in total control of the bird. The bird crashes. It is someone else's fault. Is that how all of this works in the Sarnia area?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:31 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
Lol sounds like it eh?

QUOTE=Stumblebee;16829176]Hey Raz! According to the news this morning, it looks like the folks that got caught in that snowstorm around Sarnia have jumped on the finger pointing bandwagon. A few folks seem convinced that it is someone else's fault that they got caught and stuck in the snow.

Hmm. I build a bird. I fly the bird. I am in total control of the bird. The bird crashes. It is someone else's fault. Is that how all of this works in the Sarnia area?[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
I think I want one of these bad!!

Kyosho Blizzard 002 - brushless (5 min 7 sec)
Old Dec 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
I remember my son-in-law had one of those a few years ago. They can be quite the little money pit with the upgrades the one in the video has. In stock form, with the brushed motor, they don't move like that at all. I didn't think they made them any more.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:50 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
You can still get them yes

About 350 RTR

That one is modified yes

It looks cool and goes in snow great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I remember my son-in-law had one of those a few years ago. They can be quite the little money pit with the upgrades the one in the video has. In stock form, with the brushed motor, they don't move like that at all. I didn't think they made them any more.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
They are only good for snow. But, I suppose for people like you and I, that's not much of a drawback. Odds are good, I'll see snow for at least 4 months, probably longer for you?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
snow here usually from December to March, mid april.

So yeah - good in snow

the blizzard can be used in mud, dirt ect i think too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
They are only good for snow. But, I suppose for people like you and I, that's not much of a drawback. Odds are good, I'll see snow for at least 4 months, probably longer for you?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:00 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Hmm. Raz, think about this one a bit. You get a LOT of snow where you are at. Considering your notorious luck, what are the chances of one of these getting stuck\buried\busted in the snow of your area? What would you have to attempt to walk over or through to try to retreive that little beast? Worse still, a retreival in your area could involve the use of........... a shovel. The thought of you with one of these is not a pleasant one.

Stick with learning your 450. You'll be happier.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
It certainly gets quite around here. Did the dreaded mall thing yesterday. Only have a couple of more things to get.

This morning we have lovely mixed rain and snow outside. Mainly its rain so that means the roads will stay clear. Yesterday it was ugly cold and windy. The winds were strong enough that the local crows and seagulls were taking up walking as a preferred means of transportation. Not a lot of flying in this weather for the least few days. The MCX is getting flight time in the rec room and the sim is busy.

Finally got around to mounting a couple of CX3 lights on the 450. Until the weather changes, I'm grounded like a coffin.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:54 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
Still snowing here - not crazy or anything BUT a little at a time.

I wouldnt want to live out east with all the flooding and whatnot and now freezing
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:06 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,829 Posts
Been mighty cold here this week. -30 with colder wind chills but still beautiful.

Yesterday morning I was downtown Whitehorse going back to my car from the bank when I saw a fox bounding by and being chased away by a Raven. You see fox and ravens all the time here but it's cool to see them downtown. Reminds me why I moved away from the big city.

So I got a sony blu ray player from my wife for my b-day. She is such a ninja that she got it on sale from shoppers drug mart for $140 but got it for free with her OPTIMUM points. She's da bomb!

PS: I turned 30 on thursday, PM me for my address and you can send all your b-day gifts to me, I do accept Timmy's cards
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:13 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,026 Posts
Happy bday old man

I'll be 31 soon