Hard to see cuz ur old dooooode
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:34 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
Its the camera - not great quality and slow zoom - ie, dont use it cause its not fast enough

I would've done some speed runs BUT, needs new prop so it wasn't as impressive as it could've been

and yes

it is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Sure is hard to see but sounds like you are having FUN!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:40 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Hey Ryan, I agree it does look like you are having fun with your Stryker. That is one of the more durable airplanes I've seen. There have to be thousands of those things held together with duct tape, Gorilla glue and toothpicks. They are a tough plank. Also glad to see that you have graduated from running into basketball hoops. Now you are working on lamp standards. Progress is good.
Stumblebee is online now Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:40 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Hard to see cuz ur old dooooode
Sez who?!!

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:43 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Hey Ryan, I agree it does look like you are having fun with your Stryker. That is one of the more durable airplanes I've seen. There have to be thousands of those things held together with duct tape, Gorilla glue and toothpicks. They are a tough plank. Also glad to see that you have graduated from running into basketball hoops. Now you are working on lamp standards. Progress is good.
I Am Worried! I think fire hydrants are next.

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
LMAO

this made me laugh john

Thanks lol

I am playing in Pheonix right now and its funny

I can fly the heck out of the Blade SR BUT soo many people say that it sucks in real life

If it flew as well as it does on SIM - I'd be buying one

Quote:
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:11 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
I decide to get into a bit of "night flying" yesterday. My backyard is pretty protected from the wind and it was a quiet night. I pulled out my orginal bird, the mcx. It was dark enough that about the only thing that could be seen was the light in the nose. Beleive it or not, this was the first time I had ever really flown it hard around the backyard. I just sat back in the chair and let it do its thing for four lipos. I figured it could give the night bugs something to ponder about. I checked out the blades afterwards and unfortunately there was not one bit of bug goo.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:37 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
lol

no bug goo is a good thing

Night flying is awesome, I use my night vapor for this and passes in front of a moon are kick as s

Quote:
I decide to get into a bit of "night flying" yesterday. My backyard is pretty protected from the wind and it was a quiet night. I pulled out my orginal bird, the mcx. It was dark enough that about the only thing that could be seen was the light in the nose. Beleive it or not, this was the first time I had ever really flown it hard around the backyard. I just sat back in the chair and let it do its thing for four lipos. I figured it could give the night bugs something to ponder about. I checked out the blades afterwards and unfortunately there was not one bit of bug goo.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:38 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
I have just completed another project - this one is a kit from Dynamic Foamie of a micro F22 Raptor

I've modded it already of course lol

its a neat little bird and it looks great

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1475334
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
That plank has some nice lines. So how many airworthy aircraft do you have these day, Raz? I'm still holding steady at six and hoping to make that number seven by September.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:20 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
Umm

I have 8 currently that work, and will be building a few more likely.

What are you acquiring in Sept?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,884 Posts
Compared to you guys, I'm going at a snails pace. Any faster and the only thing I'd acquire in Sept would be divorce papers

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:20 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
I could get papers before I even get hitched lol
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,335 Posts
Hi guys, just dropping in for a minute. The weather here has certainly curtailed my outdoor RC activity. The near 100 degree temeratures are bad enough, but it's really hard to swat mosquitoes and fly a heli at the same time; I need to grow another arm.

I have started to play with RC cars; I have a vintage RC10 and a Traxxas Stampede 4 x 4. RC electronics for cars have certainly changed since I last tried it about 30 years ago. It's a lot more fun now. I'm disappointed by the general lack of posting in the various car forums, here and at other sites. Some other sites I thought would be good for discussing RC cars turned out to be a waste of time, due to excessive paranoia. One site takes over a week to approve your registration and at another, a moderator must approve your posts. Neither are good ways to attract traffic.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
Hey good to hear from ya.

An rc10? Was that a stadium truck? I think I remember those

I used to have a tamiya bullhead, bullhead (same as clod buster) and a stadium Blitzer.

My first Rc passion was trucks lol

Now I am an aviation r.c. Nut

I hear ya on the hot weather - yesterday records were broke here.

Working outside yesterday I was sweating soo much it looked like I pissed myself lmao

Gross I know heheheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Hi guys, just dropping in for a minute. The weather here has certainly curtailed my outdoor RC activity. The near 100 degree temeratures are bad enough, but it's really hard to swat mosquitoes and fly a heli at the same time; I need to grow another arm.

I have started to play with RC cars; I have a vintage RC10 and a Traxxas Stampede 4 x 4. RC electronics for cars have certainly changed since I last tried it about 30 years ago. It's a lot more fun now. I'm disappointed by the general lack of posting in the various car forums, here and at other sites. Some other sites I thought would be good for discussing RC cars turned out to be a waste of time, due to excessive paranoia. One site takes over a week to approve your registration and at another, a moderator must approve your posts. Neither are good ways to attract traffic.