HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:36 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
July is off to a great start out here on the west coast. Lots of great flying weather so far. So who is in the air doing what with what?

Ryan did you ever get around to launching that rocket?

HC, have you got your float plane thing working for you yet?
Yes, I have. I plan to get some video of it. I'm off to Ottawa for a week tomorrow morning.
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:39 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
no rocket yet

been flying my trojan and stryker

upgrading mcpx with xtreme upgrades and trying to get my Sabre up in the air
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:13 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
My four wheel vehicle just got its annual check-up and fix up. Every year I get the local automobile association to do a bumper-to-bumper inspection. Depending on what they say, I then take it to a shop I almost trust to get the work done. I use the automobile association to keep the shop honest.

Each and every little thing is now working precisely as it should. Fortunately I had planned for the mild crater in the bank account. On the positive side, the car is 11 years old and running great. Nothing works for long if you don't maintain it.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:21 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
My four wheel vehicle just got its annual check-up and fix up. Every year I get the local automobile association to do a bumper-to-bumper inspection. Depending on what they say, I then take it to a shop I almost trust to get the work done. I use the automobile association to keep the shop honest.

Each and every little thing is now working precisely as it should. Fortunately I had planned for the mild crater in the bank account. On the positive side, the car is 11 years old and running great. Nothing works for long if you don't maintain it.
LOL you got me there, I thought you were talking about a four wheel drive RC!

Imagine driving your vehicle with a TX! Would be a lot of fun however.

I once watched an episode of Mythbusters where they drove a full size vehicle under Radio Control, it looked like FUN!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jul 11, 2011, 09:17 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Lol
I have plans go do that Durk lol
Well .... Maybe
Old Jul 11, 2011, 09:51 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I once watched an episode of Mythbusters where they drove a full size vehicle under Radio Control, it looked like FUN!
Last time I was at my LHS, a fellow had a video on his iPod that showed a Formula One racer that was modified to actually run off of an iPod. It did not go very far but it was a proof of concept.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:04 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Just got in from evening flights down at the soccer field. I have to tell you guys, there is such a deep sense of satisfaction that comes from wiping bug goo off of your blades. Many, many bugs met their demise tonight and last night. A lot less blood will be sucked.

For all of you folks living in the Midwest and Southeast, stay inside and stay cool. No logical reason to fly in 100 degree plus, temperatures.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:29 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
upgrading mcpx with xtreme upgrades
Hey Raz! Since you insist on mistaking the mcpx for an actual helicopter, here are a couple of things you might be able to use. Hyperion makes a little 1S charging strip that has six sockets that work with E-Flite "chiclet" lipos. You will have to use the patch cords that come with the MCPX. If you have a charger that allows you to adjust the charge current, you can bring 1 to 6 lipos up to snuff in well under 45 minutes.

Have you invested in more powerful lipos yet? If you haven't, it is possible to get good flight time by rigging up two stock lipos in parallel. The motor is more than powerful enough to handle the extra weight.

To protect your landing gear, you might want to wrap a small elastic band around the outside of it. This will give a bit of added strength dirt cheap. You have probably realized by now that this baby bird uses an extremely light stick. It is almost like you just think about moving in a direction and this bird goes there.

I still consider the MCPX to be the "Budweiser Donkey" of collective pitch, make no mistake about that. On the other hand, I will admit it has some merits.

The big thing is to decide what is the maximum amount you plan on spending on parts for this bird. Don't spend one cent more. There are already a lot of folks dropping more on parts than the bird is worth. Save your money for a decent 450. Something a Tarot is a good first 450.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:38 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
I was surprised to see how weird a servo behaves when one of the POT wires is loose inside. The thing was twitching and flying all over the place. Poor quality Chinese solder job strikes again. I was almost convinced the electronics were fried, about to chuck the whole servo when I decided to open it up and give it one last chance by cleaning the POT. When I took it out, the red wire fell off. Quick resolder job (I did all of them just to be sure) and the servo works like new.

Henge D922MG digital cyclic servo.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:06 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
SB

Good advise

I will have to order sown after mArket lipos for mcpx

Xtreme is making some that I hope to test as well.

I have to re-set my pitch/re-level awash as it's currently all fracked up lol

DR.M

Isn't it fun? Lol
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:41 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,379 Posts
You guys need to see this...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15093
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Lol

Hahahah
Old Jul 13, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
For those of you who have not already done so, I strongly suggest you check out today's edition of my favourite comic.

http://www.dilbert.com/

Ooops, I see someone beat me to it.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 08:51 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Vid of my Stryker

nothing special and hard to see

beat up prop is slowing it down as well

short flight (2 min 19 sec)
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:04 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Vid of my Stryker

nothing special and hard to see

beat up prop is slowing it down as well
Sure is hard to see but sounds like you are having FUN!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander