SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has finally happened Time to get out the preferred eau de cologne of R/C pilots, Deep Woods Off. Yes, Spring has finally arrived on the west coast. The last couple of days has had it all. Clear skies, warm temperatures to the shirt sleeve level, actual sweat and parked cars like ovens on the inside.

I've had the bird out two days in a row! Today was the best. There were actual bugs bothering me in the driveway! Yes, it is FLYING SEASON!!!!

YES!
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 09:11 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,769 Posts
I hear ya

been raining a lot here on and off, with winds

and yes

the bugs are out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
It has finally happened Time to get out the preferred eau de cologne of R/C pilots, Deep Woods Off. Yes, Spring has finally arrived on the west coast. The last couple of days has had it all. Clear skies, warm temperatures to the shirt sleeve level, actual sweat and parked cars like ovens on the inside.

I've had the bird out two days in a row! Today was the best. There were actual bugs bothering me in the driveway! Yes, it is FLYING SEASON!!!!

YES!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old May 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,759 Posts
What bugs??? Deep Woods Off????? What are you guy stalking about???

No bugs here!

I will leave them in both of your capable hands!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old May 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,769 Posts
Lol

City slickers lol
Old May 20, 2011, 11:02 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,854 Posts
The skitters are HUGE this year!! Big enought to take down a moose
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old May 20, 2011, 11:08 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,769 Posts
Or to push Them out info traffic
Old May 21, 2011, 09:33 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
HC, I think that Whitehorse is probably the best place for those creatures. Lots of wide open spaces. Think of the fun of challenging them with a heli!
Old May 21, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
We are off to a great start of a typical long weekend on the south coast of British Columbia. Its raining. Fortunately I got in some good flights yesterday evening after doing the obligatory gardening chores (part of the joy of co-habitation). Amazing how many muscles can hurt after doing gardening. I am hoping the weather will change but I am not holding my breath. Looks like there is a trip to the greenhouse in my immediate future. Joy!
Old May 21, 2011, 11:50 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,769 Posts
Lol

Hahah sucker

Heheehe
Old May 21, 2011, 09:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Got in the air for four nice flights on the 450 this evening. Mother Nature cut some slack with the rain. I also got in four outdoor flights on the mcpx. I was surprised that it actually stayed in the air during all four flights. I can't complain. Nothing was busted.

Update: I just blew off an additional four lipos in the mcpx while waiting for the 450 lipos to recharge. Nothing fancy, just tail-in hovering. It seems to have a propensity for wanting to fly backwards into me. Fortunately, I have other ideas.
Last edited by Stumblebee; May 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
249 Posts
Loviyng the BC weather. I have 3 batteries for my Mcpx and burn them off every morning in my local field here in Port Alberni. And do it again after the work day ends!
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old May 22, 2011, 08:44 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Flying a heli is an excellent way to start and end a day. With six flights a day, you are helping to prove that it is possible to fly the the mcpx and keep it in one piece. Is yours BNF or RTF? Great to hear from Port Alberni and Vancouver Island.
Old May 22, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Flying a heli is an excellent way to start and end a day. With six flights a day, you are helping to prove that it is possible to fly the the mcpx and keep it in one piece. Is yours BNF or RTF? Great to hear from Port Alberni and Vancouver Island.
Mine is a BNF that I fly with my Dx5e from my sim. I wouldn't say it always comes home in one piece. LOL But I am a handy inventive kind of guy. So fixing it is a no brainier to me. But this heli is pretty tuff! Getting better at this CP thing. Been in the hobby for 2 months. Have had the Mcpx for about a week or 2 and I seem to have all my Hovering orientations licked. Hope this weather holds. if so I will be doing 3d in no time. Take care Stumblebee.
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old May 22, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
[QUOTE=litehawkdown;18305870 I wouldn't say it always comes home in one piece. LOL [/QUOTE]

We have all been there...multiple times with multiple birds. We will all go there again. I think they call that part "fun".
Old May 22, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Got in another four lipos on the 450 this evening. The weather is holding and the bird is flying great. I can't wait until the soccer field dries out a bit more so I can enjoy it without the mud. So far, I've become the King of the Driveway Flyers! LOL! Been flying over asphalt so long that I've forgotten what grass even looks like.

I'll probably take out the MCPX later on just for fun.