HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:14 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,909 Posts
Awww you poor guy, freezing your little butt off I suppose. Thought wifey would keep you toasty warm.

I don't mind the cool weather but I can do without the snow and the bitter cold.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:20 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I wish it were summer again

missing warmer days
Trade? This summer pretty much every day it was 90F and 90% humidity where I live. At least you can get dressed when you're cold.
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Last edited by Gedexas; Dec 09, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
true

I just want to get out and fly

oh

and use my newest toy lol

John

your birds need an umbrella perhaps?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:27 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Ryan, right on! I do still have mine but I havn't used them since last year. I had so much fun with those plus building little tracks is also really fun. Check youtube for vids on course building using expanding foam, that's what I started with and then it evolved. I first made one big terrain of expanding foam that I painted, ended up cutting it in to three sections, collecting rocks and sticks and just mixing and matching when I needed something new. You can have a lot of fun with these and 1/24 scale model kits. I also had some micro-t racers which are fun winter toys too.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=X1gR8Yft0xI
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:36 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
I've been having a blast at the indoor flying sessions this year at our local rec centre. I have a mini pet quad which is great and I just maidened a used bnf parkzone j3 cub. I found the cub to have a dentency to almost tipstall so I cut some foam out so slide the battery forward and also stuck a dime in there, flew great after that. Then I added some tape on the prop to get it to fly slower but still have the speed when you want it, I love it, it's totally rad. Just wish it had ailerons, hav't had a 3ch in a while. Perhaps a mod is in store but not too sure what to do......brick from the mustang perhaps? If I got this route, I will also flatten the wing.

We've been in a cold snap that just
broke today but when it's nice out, me and some friends are out doing this kind of stufft http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vWQyOqSE58s
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Rob, I picked me up a Champ. Actually part owner...lol. I put some Tundra tires on her. We really love flying it. I also just bought a Super Cub. Will have to wait until spring to maiden. Besides, there are many pre-flight mods to do.

Hey there's a hitch hiker on the starboard wing...lol.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:05 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Nice Mike! The wheels look fabulous :-)

I know the champ is the best of these micro planes but the only reason why I didn't get it is because it is faster than the j3. I've seen one fly at my events here in town, fast little bugger. I thought about putting floats in it to create some drag and to slow it down a bit. A very cool plane, indeed.

The supercub is great! I've had mine for..........two years plus? Done the brushless mod, flat wing and aileron mod, got some lights for it, I love it....it's my good' ol faithful. I love the floats for it as they are use able on other planes, even bigger ones.

Here's a vid from 2010....time flies! I fly it with a 2200 3s and get well over 10mins.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Zxy1Vi17kPk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
Will do rob

You could try to make leading edge slats to slow cub down and give more lift

The champ is great - I wish I still had mine

I have made a few indoor courses and will make many more

I plan on making rope bridges and stuff out of popsicle sticks as well

I ordered some bigger tires for her as well.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:03 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,483 Posts
Dang Rob. I can't bring up the vid of your SC. The floats look like a lot of fun. I'll need some serious fly time under my belt before doing that...lol. I'm thinking of doing the BL and AIL mod too. I've read the BL is a piece of cake to install. I assume you disconnected the ACT system especially flying over water. I plan to disconnect it anyway. Heard too many bad things about it. Some kind of selling gimmick on a 3 channel plane. I don't get it...lol.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:28 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Quote:
Will do rob

You could try to make leading edge slats to slow cub down and give more lift

The champ is great - I wish I still had mine

I have made a few indoor courses and will make many more

I plan on making rope bridges and stuff out of popsicle sticks as well

I ordered some bigger tires for her as well.
Raz, I hate to make you work but can you link a photo? I can't quite visualise the slats.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:34 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Dang Rob. I can't bring up the vid of your SC. The floats look like a lot of fun. I'll need some serious fly time under my belt before doing that...lol. I'm thinking of doing the BL and AIL mod too. I've read the BL is a piece of cake to install. I assume you disconnected the ACT system especially flying over water. I plan to disconnect it anyway. Heard too many bad things about it. Some kind of selling gimmick on a 3 channel plane. I don't get it...lol.
Yeah, I remember the first setup for the SC......ACT system, strange tx.....I know they wanted to make it easier but man, that tx was terrible. They seem to sell them now with a dx4 which is good news for everyone.
I got mine as a roller and put my own gutts in to it so I never actually tried the act system, seems strange to me.

Check my youtube channel for that vid 'Didgeman80' I used to figure 8s around those light poles in that vid. One day I got cocky and smacked head on into a pole, *PING!*, and down she went. A little hot glue and some tlc and a new prop was all she needed. I sure love the foamies for that reason. The guys here aee mainly old school nitro guys who are always trying to convert me.....always saying to me playfully, 'when you gonna buy a real plane?' Lol! I must say, thier nitros take a lot more wind than the foamies.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:14 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
You means stats?

It'd the losi micro trekker 4x4 rtr
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Quote:
You means stats?

It'd the losi micro trekker 4x4 rtr
Ha! No, I mean the slats on the wing of the micro flyer. :-)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Trade? This summer pretty much every day it was 90F and 90% humidity where I live. At least you can get dressed when you're cold.
90F? Lucky!!!! every day was 104-106F were i am. the coldest it got was 96
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
oh I dunno, you'll have to find plans I guess

do a search for champ slats

or leading edge slats

should work on cub as well sized appropriately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Ha! No, I mean the slats on the wing of the micro flyer. :-)