SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:46 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
Ok

If I build one I'll let u know

Kind of wanna do a micro one if I can using old micro car's cp heli blades situated with a bit of positive pitch
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:59 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
It has been a busy week with work and a few other things. I had a funny thing happen on Wednesday evening. Our flying club had its meeting. There were a few door prizes. I wound up winning a new plane! Its a little guy. A micro from Horizon called a Spitfire MK. I have no idea what I am going to do with it. This thing has fixed WINGS! What the heck do you do with wings? I'm a heli and quad guy. I know NOTHING about this fixed wing stuff. I am sure I will figure it out eventually or perhaps trade it in on a Blade 130.

Yes, Ryan I did make note of the fact that you are still auditioning for the Harem Globetrotters or is that Monty Python's Flying Circus? By the way Ryan, did you catch that story in the news on Wednesday? Something about a guy named Romney getting run over by a freight train? Fortunatey, he had Obamacare.

No snow so far out this way. There is definitely frost. Mother Nature has hit us with clear skies the last couple of days. I figure I have about a week before I have to start dealing with the dreaded unstoppable evil...THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!!!.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Last edited by Stumblebee; Nov 09, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
Lol

Learn to fly a plane john

Do u have an indoor season?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:15 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
John, I'm in the market for an indoor micro plane. Depending on how big your new prize is, I may be interested in buying it if you go that route. :-)

Snow, snow, snow!

Any of you guys play gt5 on ps3?
Heavy Chevy is online now Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:07 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
Thanks to all our four fathers, whom fought for our freedom
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
this is really neat

Durafly Auto-G Gyrocopter 821mm (PNF) (4 min 45 sec)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:58 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,776 Posts
Auto gyro's pop up every now and then. I remember reading about full size auto gyros in Popular Mechanics when I was a teen.

I was watching Daily Planet yesterday when they were showing a home made Harrier Jet model. It flew OK, this was the maiden, but it crashed on landing, minor damage. The owner was quite good at coming up with ideas, some neat innovations there.

Yes Ryan, we owe a lot to our forefathers. I hope everyone remembers the sacrifices made in the wars on Remembrance or Veterans Day tomorrow. I can still remember finding relics of WW II when I was living in Holland.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
I think I am gunna build one from plans or try to scratch build one myself perhaps. I want it to be small and it would be nice to use micro heli cp blades vs making some out of foam.

Speaking of building

I was at LHS today and picked up a foam rubber band powered plane and this is what I ended up with

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768061
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Should be good in the gymnasium Ry, looks very light.
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
Yeah it flew outside a bit today and it flew well

Pitch sensitive so I adjusted motor angle which should fix things.

Should be fun indoors
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
I totally agree with Ryan. None of us would be enjoying the lives we have now if it were not for the incedible and ultimate sacrifices of so many that went before us. Unfortunately those sacrifices are still being made.

Lest We Forget
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
It was a crystal clear day today and I managed to get in a few hours at the field. Winter is definitely here. I got up early this morning and checked the thermometer. It was -1 C or 30 F. That means cold by my standards. Decided to go to the field anyway hoping that it warm up a bit. Definitely had my "love glove" with me. Got in some quad and heli flying. Also got to shoot the bull with the club members. Funny thing, it actually got more uncomfortable as it got warmer. I figure as things started to thaw, the air got moist. That meant that we had that cold, damp stuff that cuts right through whatever you are wearing. I was only there for about four hours. I have decided to go for an altimeter for my quad. I am a lousy judge of altitude or distance. I figure this will let me know exactly how high this quad is. Looks like Eagle Tree Systems has the right product.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
Winter does suck

Supposed to be decent tomorrow so hopefully I'll get in some flights
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Glad I got in the air yesterday. Totally grounded today. Cold and rainy all day. I decided yesterday that I was getting tired of guessing about the altitude of my quad when filiming. My LHS turned me on to this nice little stand-alone recording altimeter:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Stan...standalone.htm

It looks like it can be wired into just about any aircraft with no problem. My LHS tells me it will take a couple of weeks to show up. Did I mention it is CHEAP? Cheap is always GOOD. Yet another wait for yet another gadget. It never ends. HC too bad we are living closer to each other. We could spend the winter figuring out how to rig up a quad to the running gear of a r/c land vehicle to make our version of the "Curiousity" lander.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:15 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,805 Posts
I've read good things about eagle tree products. Let us know how it goes.

I had an interesting flying today to say the least

Went to field by myself, was warm enough I couldv'e worn a t-shirt but gusty.

Did maiden of P47 and it flew well, but the damn tail wheel came loose on landing and it couldnt have been any softer - so, more glue yet again.

My master cp fell from the air at about 40 feet up, only damage was slightly torn canopy. The one day I get the gahownees to fly it with the tiny Devo 7E, it falls from the sky .

So I placed it on ground and slightly spooled up rotors and walked backwards - well it lost reception about 40 paces later. Not sure what is going on there but it sucks.

Also flew my umx as3x sbach and it flew fantastic even in gusty winds.

X32 flew okay today - more mods to happen on that front.

My newest tiny condor build was up today and all over the place in the wind. I may take out some dihedral so it doesn't tip stall so much.

I also started building a UM flying wing called a stingray - its a pretty cool little guy that uses champ guts. I just got a box of depron so its time to start building lol.

I also have a cool idea. I really wanna build a micro Vought XF5U, which is a cool WW2 fighter that never saw action thanks to increasing demand for jet fighters. Essentially it was a STOL aircraft that the nicknamed the flying flapjack. It was quick and very nimble.

Here is a pic

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraf...XF5U-Title.jpg

I also still have plans for a gyro copter but have yet to find plans I like.