R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,474 Posts
lol

IF my rod is 12" long, then it is me who should be laughin at everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
For anyhing over 12" it gets confusing for Ryan as he has to compare it to his "rod".
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:19 PM
United States, AL, Orange Beach
Joined Oct 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You will like the DX6i. A couple drawbacks. No back lighting (but has a mod). And be very careful pushing down on the selector/menu roller. Also an upgrade for that. I'm waiting on the warranty to run out so I can do the back lighting mod and get the roller upgrade BEFORE it breaks

These Guys will probably try and talk you into a DX8. I hear it's a fine TX if you have the buck-a-roos.

What kind of shop do you have Bama?
I'll stick with the 6 for now. I'm gonna get RC poor real soon.

I manager a West Marine store. The Blue Angels are flying today so everybody is out on the water watching. It's really slow.
BamaBasher is offline Find More Posts by BamaBasher
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A great flying day!
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Looks nice. I think he wants a 4 channel that will bind with his DX6i. Right now, we share the Champ and he is still waiting for a Carbon Cub SS that he put down 50 bucks at a LHS. He's getting impatient and is now thinking a bit bigger...lol.

I turned him into RC glutenous monster. You should see his heli collection. Dang, I can't stop the guy. I know someone like this...lol
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Bama, get some pics if you can. That is awesome!

I forgot to tell you. When you are pushing down on the wheel to make your selections. Push down at the "very" top of the wheel and "very" gently.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
Okay guys. Here is something new to chew on for a bit. A significant advance in technology, the amphibious quad that lands and takes off from water. Check out the vid.

http://aquacopters.gostorego.com/
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,474 Posts
Awesome I want one.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
You should, Raz. It is about time you got serious about quads. You know you are itching to try FPV. You really, really want a set of Fat Shark goggles. You want to see beyond where you have ever seen before. The "force" is calling you, Raz. You feel its pull. You cannot resist. There are too many things you can only do with a quad. Nothing justifies buy a Go Pro like a quad. Think about the wonders of GPS, you'll never get lost. Quads are good Ryan. Listen to the "force". Come, Ryan...Come, Ryan... think of the "cool factor" that comes with Fat Shark goggles. Come, Ryan...
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:44 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,358 Posts
he he he he hee here heeee.............

Here boy, here Ryan, be good an get one Ryan.

frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:05 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Okay guys. Here is something new to chew on for a bit. A significant advance in technology, the amphibious quad that lands and takes off from water. Check out the vid.

totally awesome! What a great idea!
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,474 Posts
come hither money, come hither

yes quads are cool

have you seen the new rclogger mini quad? it performs well
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Quote:

T-H-A-T is freeeeking AWESOME!!! I wonder how much it would cost for the entire build?

Ya, "come hither money." LOL
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
Ryan, you have no imagination. The money for your quad adventure is easy. You live in Canada where there is money to finance all sorts of silly and ridiculous things. Here's what you have to do. Put together a grant application where you will research the migratory habits of the Great Muskoka Spirit Muskox or the Southern Ontario red-feathered spotted buffalo sniffer. In order to follow either or both of these elusive beasts, you will need the right equipment which just happens to be a fully equipped. FPV quad that is waterproof. It has to be waterproof because these muskox and sniffers are powerful swimmers. You will have to follow these creatures across land and water so you will need full GPS capability. Since this is a fully electric aircraft, you will automatically meet all of the environmental regulations. I am sure that many here will attest to your suitability to go traveling off into the wilderness with a quad to track a muskox or red-feathered spotted buffalo sniffer. The red-feathered spotted buffalo sniffer is rumored to have the ability to mate 40 times a year using 27 different rituals. If you work it the right way, you could even wrangle an interview with David Suzuki. See? All it takes is a little imagination. Come, Ryan... Trust us, this is good for you. Come, Ryan... Follow the "force"...This will not hurt... Trust us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
come hither money, come hither
Last edited by Stumblebee; Nov 03, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,076 Posts
You can figure on $400.00 for the Naza flight controller with GPS. There is also the cost of a receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
T-H-A-T is freeeeking AWESOME!!! I wonder how much it would cost for the entire build?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,386 Posts
Quote:
Ryan, you have no imagination. The money for your quad adventure is easy. You live in Canada where there is money to finance all sorts of silly and ridiculous things. Here's what you have to do. Put together a grant application where you will research the migratory habits of the Great Muskoka Spirit Muskox or the Southern Ontario red-feathered spotted buffalo sniffer. In order to follow either or both of these elusive beasts, you will need the right equipment which just happens to be a fully equipped. FPV quad that is waterproof. It has to be waterproof because these muskox and sniffers are powerful swimmers. You will have to follow these creatures across land and water so you will need full GPS capability. Since this is a fully electric aircraft, you will automatically meet all of the environmental regulations. I am sure that many here will attest to your suitability to go traveling off into the wilderness with a quad to track a muskox or red-feathered spotted buffalo sniffer. The red-feathered spotted buffalo sniffer is rumored to have the ability to mate 40 times a year using 27 different rituals. If you work it the right way, you could even wrangle an interview with David Suzuki. See? All it takes is a little imagination. Come, Ryan... Trust us, this is good for you. Come, Ryan... Follow the "force"...This will not hurt... Trust us...
SB, you are good man Ryan, listen to this guy...lol
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,806 Posts
What's all this talk about Ryan's rod? Did you get a rod? I hear they only go up, forward and back a few times and then down.
lol.
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy