HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
There is a very ancient reason long buried in the message archives of this site regarding why Ryan flies Mode 1. Suffice to say, it adds to his "mystique".
I remember that day well..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:05 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
There is a very ancient reason long buried in the message archives of this site regarding why Ryan flies Mode 1. Suffice to say, it adds to his "mystique".

Now that it is Monday and I had to go to work, Mother Nature delivered perfect flying weather. That is just the way it is some times.
Work? Who goes to work?

Haven't gone to work since I retired 8 years ago!
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:07 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,585 Posts
mystique my arse lol

Here's the thing about mode 1

it has allowed me to use Aileron all the time; dont ask me why cause I can't tell you

I just have this theory, that if I stuck to mode 2, I wouldn't use aileron as much as I do on mode 1.

But

its worked to my advantage as I can transfer from heli to plane, 6 - 4 channels and always use aileron even if its not needed; I almost always coordinate aileron with rudder, even when I was flying the champ which is only 3 ch, ie, rudder being on aileron stick. I've programmed myself.

Its funny, because I was thinking of this yesterday when flying 3 ch coax and not having aileron - drove me nuts when the heli would get close to a wall, and I couldn't bank away from it without using rudder and elevator, BUT, the blades would still hit the wall.

Makes things more challenging lol

Glen

I have finished GRX jet, and working on making T45 prop pusher and was pondering turning older T28 into 3D plank somehow, or using guts in owens foam.

Need to get out and fly, my TX love glove is on its way, as are my new micro lipos.

Have you guys read reviews for Blades new MQX quad? Evidentally its the cats as s and flies awesome, loops, rolls ect despite its FP in nature and its also very stable, and can handle approx 5-10 mph winds which ain't bad.

I have the Great Planes Micro F86 Sabre on order, and now Eflite has a UMX Mig coming out.

So much stuff I want, so little money, and so little money I am allowed to spend

I have to think about my and my hunny's future you know

No one wants to buy my 2 helis for sale either

I have CPX on kijiji and as s holes keep sending me messages asking to pick it up for ridiculous prices, and asking if I'll sell just the TX, when the add clearly says

NO TRANSMITTER
NO LIPO
NO RX

What the hell is wrong with people?

Better yet, what the hell is wrong with me?

Wait.

I dont want to know lol
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:24 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
mystique my arse lol

it has allowed me to use Aileron all the time; dont ask me why cause I can't tell you

I just have this theory, that if I stuck to mode 2, I wouldn't use aileron as much as I do on mode 1.

But

its worked to my advantage as I can transfer from heli to plane, 6 - 4 channels and always use aileron even if its not needed; I almost always coordinate aileron with rudder, even when I was flying the champ which is only 3 ch, ie, rudder being on aileron stick. I've programmed myself.

Its funny, because I was thinking of this yesterday when flying 3 ch coax and not having aileron - drove me nuts when the heli would get close to a wall, and I couldn't bank away from it without using rudder and elevator, BUT, the blades would still hit the wall.

Makes things more challenging lol

Better yet, what the hell is wrong with me?

Wait.

I dont want to know lol
Good question.... I have no trouble switching from flying 3 to 4 channels on my mode two.. But then I have the rudder and aileron coupled on the three channel planes so I can move either stick or both,, keeps my skills sharp for flying coordinated turns.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:27 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Quote:
mystique my arse lol

That's his story and he sticking to it. Anyone interested in buying some excellent mortgages on U.S. homes?
Stumblebee is online now Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,585 Posts
No thats not my "enhanced" story

that is the product of my less than aware moment forever lost to the nectar of the gods
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
No thats not my "enhanced" story

that is the product of my less than aware moment forever lost to the nectar of the gods
BUT some of us will not let you forget your dumb mistake .. no mater how you now try to make it sound like a smart thing to have done..

Got the F-86 order placed at last with Tower..
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,585 Posts
I wouldn't say its dumb Bob

when people ask to fly my stuff; I say, well its mode 1 ya know lol

and no one ever has a trainer cord around or the patience to program there radio and bind to my models lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
BUT some of us will not let you forget your dumb mistake .. no mater how you now try to make it sound like a smart thing to have done..

Got the F-86 order placed at last with Tower..
Old Jan 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Of course Raz, we ALL have had more than our share of dumb mistakes. If it were not for our dumb mistakes, there would be no heli parts market! Who would buy all of the Gorilla Glue, duct tape and toothpicks that the plank guys use? Think of the people who would starve if the heli guys didn't buy all of those blades.
Stumblebee is online now Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:14 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,585 Posts
Exactamonde !!

We all do out part
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
Hahaha, I thought I would take the pressure off of you razor...

I just purchased the mSRx with a couple of Hyperion batteries from eBay. $119 includes expidited shipping so I should have it in a week (maybe less).

I'm still using the cheap'o TX that came with the 120SR.
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:34 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,585 Posts
ken

someday your going to want to upgrade your TX - trust me, and when you do, do some research and get a good one.

If I did it agian; I'd prob go with new DX7s.

The DX6i needs an update, and has know issues with antenna replacememt, bad trim tabs and roller wheel.

The DX8 is pricey and has had software issues which I think are now resolved.

DX7s, so far so good (I think) and it offers more programming than 6i.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
A good TX is my next purchase. I am looking at the DX6i or DX7.
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
667 Posts
Guys, found this picture of Ryan flying his first heli, with his first Mode1 transmitter, the DX0.5i............

Name: remote-control-child.jpg
Views: 22
Size: 15.6 KB
Description:

Sometimes I can't resist buddy.....
Muskoka1 is online now Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,585 Posts
I still drool