HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:07 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas View Post
I know of a few people buying those toy helis, probably (most likely) because they saw me flying a heli. I hope (pray) I'm not getting the aforementioned toys, it's sad to throw other people's hard earned money in the bin without opening the box.

The people I'm mentioning are not RCers, they see no difference between a helicopter and a toy, and they think they are making a present (favor). What would you do?
Fly it....
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:14 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I can't, it won't go inverted. Maybe I'll stick it on a shelf or give it to someone else.
Gedexas is online now Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:50 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,920 Posts
Quote:
I can't, it won't go inverted. Maybe I'll stick it on a shelf or give it to someone else.
If you lived where the snow flies and you cannot fly outside for four months you would fly it indoors out of boredom.

Too bad you do not live next door, I would pick it up for my ten year old grandson, he loves to fly them. He is very careful and flies circles around me.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:00 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
If you lived where the snow flies and you cannot fly outside for four months you would fly it indoors out of boredom.

Too bad you do not live next door, I would pick it up for my ten year old grandson, he loves to fly them. He is very careful and flies circles around me.
That's what I think I'll do, give it to someone who will have fun with it. I was flying the mCPX indoors all day today. I don't think I can have this much fun with a hundred bucks worth of any other configuration of plastic and batteries
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:00 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Quote:
What would you do?
Be gracious. Keep it around for awhile just in case they may wish to see you use it. After awhile you could say it got caught in a wind and disappeared in some trees.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Be gracious. Keep it around for awhile just in case they may wish to see you use it. After awhile you could say it got caught in a wind and disappeared in some trees.
I hope my brother does not tell me that, I got him AR.Drone. He saw me flying and decided it's too much work and too much money. I remember he was drooling about that drone and he has an iPad, so I hope that this one ends up in a tree for legitimate reasons.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:27 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,026 Posts
3 ch helis have there place

i was gunna buy the new 3 ch from blade asit only weights 17 grams

Was pondering getting one for me pops, but they were all out

Looked at the new msrx - looks like a flybarless fp version of the mcpx,

why

because it is lol

duhh

could be a good calm indoor flyer for some FFF without the constant aggravation of the pendulum effect the MSR has

The new micro Beast 3D X bi plane looks awesome as well - almost bought one of those, but, saved money and just got some needed parts
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:43 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
But the 3ch from blade is unequal to the 3ch from WalMart.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:44 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,026 Posts
true

however

the 3 ch syma S107 and Lighthawk are good, very durable 3 ch helis with parts support

Quote:
But the 3ch from blade is unequal to the 3ch from WalMart.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:45 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I have the mCPX, so I thought about the MSR X. I don't understand the hype behind it, just get the mCPX, make your throttle curve 45 degrees and set your pitch to 100% flat, presto, you have MSR X.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:48 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Maybe the MSR X is "self-leveling"? like you can't go inverted with it even if you slam the stick to one side?

I can see that being a benefit for a newb.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:05 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,026 Posts
I have the mcpx and genius cp

both good helis

both have good and bad

both have high head speeds and can cut skin and ruin indoor things like blinds -ask me how i know lol.

Lower head speed on msrx might be good for indoor fllying - meaning small areas, but then again, do I need one

no

and prob wont buy one

i do miss having an easy to fly 3ch heli -but i;m sure id get bored soon with it

Quote:
I have the mCPX, so I thought about the MSR X. I don't understand the hype behind it, just get the mCPX, make your throttle curve 45 degrees and set your pitch to 100% flat, presto, you have MSR X.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:10 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I agree, the mCPX does cut skin pretty well, one of my ceiling landings did not go so well, so it landed in my lap at full speed.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:11 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,026 Posts
ouch lol

not a good place to land
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:08 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
[QUOTE=Gedexas;20191935]I know of a few people buying those toy helis, probably (most likely) because they saw me flying a heli. QUOTE]

Hmmm... I wonder if the same thing will happen in my area? My 450 and 550 spent a lot of time in the air at the local soccer field this summer, fall and early winter. There were all of those dog folks walking thier dogs and looking. I suspect a few had strong desires of the heli kind. These folks are very easy prey for the mall kiosk heli vendors. Of course none of these folks ever bothered to come over and ask anything about what I was doing. Folks you have to admit, when we are observed flying, we make it look easy. We just stand there and have our birds flying in the sky. What could be easier? So peaceful, so relaxing and so stress free.

Hey I just realized that for pilots this is a very special day!!!!! This is the 21st of December. You know what that means?????? After today, the days start getting longer with more sun which means more time in the air! YES!!!!!
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee