HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Yes Ryan,

I can still remember those days.
Everybody would rib you for crashing all the time etc.
Now you are the go to man.

Speaking of being banned and all the "politics" that goes on here...
Anyone check out rctruth?
Whether true or false...interesting reading.

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Yes Ryan,

I can still remember those days.
Everybody would rib you for crashing all the time etc.
Now you are the go to man.

Speaking of being banned and all the "politics" that goes on here...

Jim
Thanks Jim, I just registered It does look like some great reading Ah, my registration just came into my mail box

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,743 Posts
Yes I just found it too, will check it out later.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,736 Posts
Rctruth?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:35 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,743 Posts
Google it.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:37 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,736 Posts
Lol

You may be right mikey lol
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:46 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,239 Posts
It won't be hard to find me You should recognize some other members from here. To funny. Dang, they give you a lot of latitude as far as language being used

Well, I never....

Mike.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Mike,
You will need more than just one bag 'o popcorn for that reading my friend.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,239 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
You will need more than just one bag 'o popcorn for that reading my friend.
You are right Jim.. opc orn:

Mike
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,736 Posts
Briefly looked at it

Worth signing up?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:06 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,743 Posts
What Mikey, no Bull avatar there? It would be perfect for that group. I am just going to LURK there for a bit, may join, never know.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:48 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
ONLY 16,358 POSTS TO GO!!!!

We can make this happen people! We can do it all! Right Here! Right Now!
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:09 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Quote:
At the moment, the Stumblebee is flying softly in the background over there.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
Mall Kiosk Helis

Anyone had a chance to take a close look at any of the shiny new, mall kiosk helis in shopping malls across the land? They seem to be popping up EVERYWHERE. Of course, on close inspection it is easy to see that these are a far cry from hobby grade birds. Still, they are shiny and new. They come complete with demonstrators that make things look sooooooo....easy

I can just see Christmas morning in a few households that have these birds. The demonstrator at the mall (with lots of floor space, high ceiling and practise) showed good old dad or Uncle Jim exactly what to do in Mom's living room around the Christmas Tree and everything else that is fragile and delicate. Oh did anyone mention the effect of a shiny, new heli on the resident cat? How about the part about the cat's response to a shiny, new heli? Owners Manual? What's that? The demonstrator said you wouldn't need it anyway. Everything is .........RTF!

Across the land, innocent people will suddenly discover that new helis in the hands of new pilots go through the "magnetic phase" where they are instantly attracted to everything they can possibly crash into in several rooms. That definitely includes the aquarium where the new heli will introduce itself to the fish! Of course it wasn't mentioned that R/C helis hate being lifted off slowly and will immediately go sideways and backwards all over the place if you lift them too slowly. They also like to just fall over on their side and do the "funky chicken" if you are too slow on the throttle. There will be that special Mom scream uttered across the land. TAKE THAT THING OUTSIDE NOW!!!. Of course it says right on the box that the shiny, new kiosk heli is indoor/outdoor. So outdoors we go. The new pilot of course is totally unaware of the effect of the wind, any wind on a shiny, new kiosk heli. The new pilot is also unaware that the "magnetic phase" magnifies when outside. The shiny, new heli will quickly discover brick walls, asphalt, concrete, parked vehicles and possibly even the dreaded heli eating tree. We don't even want to talk about what could happen if it is snowing or raining outside. (Don't "real" helicopters fly in the snow and rain?)

Then will come Boxing Day. The new pilots will stream into the malls looking for that heli kiosk in order to get advice and spare parts. The kiosk will be gone. Then will come the great trek to the hobby stores. The kiosk guy did say you could get anything you needed at "ANY" hobby store. If they actually find a R/C store open on Boxing Day, they will walk in with their very sick kiosk bird and ask for help. That is when they will get THE LOOK... At that point, their education in the crazy world of r/c helis will begin. Just lay that VISA card down.

Oh, I almost forgot the most fun part. Did you realize that perhaps you might want another battery or two? You get the bright idea of taking the battery that came with your shiny, new kiosk heli to the LHS. That is where you discover that your battery has an odd ball form factor that is totally unsupported in the known universe. You can order one from the manufacturer and wait weeks for it to arrive from the backwoods of Lower Elbonia.
Last edited by Stumblebee; Dec 20, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:55 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I know of a few people buying those toy helis, probably (most likely) because they saw me flying a heli. I hope (pray) I'm not getting the aforementioned toys, it's sad to throw other people's hard earned money in the bin without opening the box.

The people I'm mentioning are not RCers, they see no difference between a helicopter and a toy, and they think they are making a present (favor). What would you do?
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas