HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:45 AM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Well, I for certain know that I'm going to need divine guidance if I'm ever to get one of these to work! And Id like to thank God for Alex and his humility and his willingness to share his gifts. 8^)
I would like to thank Alex for his willingness to share his gifts.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:06 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,538 Posts
Quote:
Well, I for certain know that I'm going to need divine guidance if I'm ever to get one of these to work! And Id like to thank God for Alex and his humility and his willingness to share his gifts. 8^)
I think you'll be surprised how easy it is to get working. I will certainly help you if you need it. I will continue to share my designs and support them. It makes me happy to see other benefit from it.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
Queens, NY
Joined Nov 2005
603 Posts
hmm, it seems a little complicated for me to build, are there antenna trackers that work like this or better already selling? or do I really have to build it...
badinstincts is offline Find More Posts by badinstincts
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:26 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Sander, I hate religion, too. In fact, I like to poke fun at it. It gives faith a bad name. People think Christians are bored wimps who spend their time in a boring church service, which is not the case. Try to follow me on a motorcycle, or up a mountain side, or bridge jumping, and tell me you're not scared out of your mind. Then tell me you didn't enjoy every minute of it. Being a man of faith doesn't mean you give up being a man, it means you embrace your life and become the man who is wild at heart, the way we were meant to be.
I respect that Alex, I also believe a life not lived to the fullest is a life wasted. There's enough slackers in the world unfortunately, people that can't be arsed to lift a vinger to make something out of their life, unbelieveable.

Quote:
I do what I do in faith. Religion is man made and brings death. There is a difference. A big difference.
Absolutely, religion suffocates and limits your views.

Quote:
I thank you for respecting my belief, as I respect you for yours. You have shown many times what a helpful, awesome person you can be. I respect you for that and your vast knowledge.
You are most welcome, although I must say you're doing a far better job than I do though, I wish I had the time, but my hours are divided up between a daytime job, my family and ImmersionRC.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
What I would consider a real blessing here would be a PCB, ready for components to be added, I've done lots of kit building like that. What does it take to have something like that made up? If enough of us would be willing to pre-order, maybe it would be worth your while?
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Nov 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
SW England
Joined Aug 2009
799 Posts
If you have an old record deck, half of your work is done - at least at 2.4GHz and above...(or if you are very old and have one for 78's)

You know, one of those things that played music from bits of vinyl before CD and solid state mp3 players
No? Ah well, never mind.

Nice work BTW Alex.

Nigel.
Devonboy is offline Find More Posts by Devonboy
Old Nov 13, 2010, 09:18 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Oh c'mon, was he holding the soldering iron, buying you parts, sketching the schematic? No? Well in that case the big spaghetti monster has nothing to do with it all, it is just you who can take the full credit.

Cheers,

Sander.
A farmer purchased an old, run-down abandoned farm. The fields were full of weeds, farmhouse was falling apart, fences were broken down - it was a catastrophe.

A few months later, the preacher stopped by. It was a COMPLETELY different place than he remembered. Farmhouse was completely rebuilt, plenty of cattle and livestock running around, well-fenced pens, and the fields are filled with crops planted in neat rows.

"Amazing!" the preacher says. "I LOVE it. Look at this place... look what you and the Lord have accomplished together!"

"Yes, reverend," says the farmer, "but you shoulda seen this place before I showed up. When the Lord was working on it by himself it was pretty messed up!!!"

LMFAO
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Last edited by SENTRY 62; Nov 20, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:59 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,778 Posts
Quote:
I want to take a second to thank God for this.

-Alex
You're welcome.
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:33 AM
S. Wales
Joined Jun 2008
450 Posts
Quote:
What I would consider a real blessing here would be a PCB, ready for components to be added, I've done lots of kit building like that. What does it take to have something like that made up? If enough of us would be willing to pre-order, maybe it would be worth your while?
I usually make my circuits on Vero Board but a ready made PCB option would be very attractive. Maybe, if you're considering this, it might be an idea to incorporate the antenna selection components of your diversity circuit into the antenna tracking circuit? This would give the option for either on one board.
A further development could be the use of just two antennae to give both diversity and tracking at the same time.
jon davies is offline Find More Posts by jon davies
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:53 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
Rosamond,Ca
Joined Jun 2008
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
A farmer purchased an old, run-down abandoned farm. The fields were full of weeds, farmhouse was falling apart, fences were broken down - it was a catastrophe.

A few months later, the preacher stopped by. It was a COMPLETELY different place than he remembered. Farmhouse was completely rebuilt, plenty of cattle and livestock running around, well-fenced pens, and the fields are filled with crops planted in neat rows.

"Amazing!" the preacher says. "I LOVE it. Look at this place... look what you and the Lord have accomplished together!"

"Yes, reverend," says the farmer, "but you shoulda seen this sh*t before I showed up. When the Lord was working on it by himself it was pretty f*cked up!!!"

LMFAO
Whats wrong with you guys? It sounds like you care more about IB's faith than the really cool accomplishment that he just completed. He's probably helped you at least once in getting your system to work and you repay him by criticizing his beliefs? You guys just don't make sense...
SamB125 is offline Find More Posts by SamB125
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:57 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
That was a joke. I've never criticised anyone's beliefs - do you even know what I believe? Furthermore if you re-read my post it was directed at Sander. Any1 who tries to police the internet will have a miserable life. We now return your regularly scheduled program.

PS: And yes you are correct - when he talks, I listen - he's quite knowledgable.
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:02 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamB125 View Post
Whats wrong with you guys? It sounds like you care more about IB's faith than the really cool accomplishment that he just completed. He's probably helped you at least once in getting your system to work and you repay him by criticizing his beliefs? You guys just don't make sense...
I'm sure Alex will forgive him.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:30 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon davies View Post
I usually make my circuits on Vero Board but a ready made PCB option would be very attractive. Maybe, if you're considering this, it might be an idea to incorporate the antenna selection components of your diversity circuit into the antenna tracking circuit? This would give the option for either on one board.
A further development could be the use of just two antennae to give both diversity and tracking at the same time.
I love the wire spaghetti and diy mess. It has a retro look that reminds me of the 80's diy hacker scene. You can send it in to a pcb manufacturer like seedstudio and make it look good if you really want that clean look.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:17 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,246 Posts
Good job Alex. First thing that comes to mind when thinking of using this is to use it with my Eagle Eyes tracker. Have that and your tracker going to an Oracle. You would really have to have something bad happen to have both systems fail. When will you be supplying a parts package? Can you list what parts are needed in addition to your parts package?

Thanks

BTW, do you have any video of the tracker in action?
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:56 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,538 Posts
Video will be coming. I should have had it video taped while I was out flying Saturday. I think the best thing to do is tape a video recorder to the side of the tracker. The tracker should then keep the camera pointed at the plane. I have flown in a few locations and I can't fool this thing... yet. I'll keep trying

The parts package should be coming soon. I am trying to find time to release DIY antenna kits, which I will do at the same time. I need to make manuals on how to assemble this stuff. That's where most of the time goes. The parts are cheap, really cheap.
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy