HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:47 AM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,586 Posts
Discussion
New gift boat !!!! 32" Pursuit

My friend dropped by yesterday and brought me a birthday present !!!

32" Pursuit from Kintec. Has a Leopard 4074 2200 kv motor, Seaking 120 esc. Just getting the gear in it. Hope to run this weekend. Will try 4s first. Very pretty hardware. I do plan to upgrade the drive shaft to Kintec's one piece and forgo the bullet prop nut although this one has a set screw. I have pulled motor and reinforced the mount plates and siliconed all the nuts (all lock nuts by the way) on the transom....(tons of them). Nice hull and finish. Any suggestions, advise, comments are welcome. Thanks.

Oh..... on the split trim tabs....are the inner ones normally used for straight line triming and the outer ones for turn trimming? Never had split ones before.

Stringfly <>+++++
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY
Last edited by STRINGFLY; Nov 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:54 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,038 Posts
Hi Stringfly,

A friend of mine had the same boat and he never used trimtabs, the boat runs on rails and doesn't need slowing down by them...

I'll search for a video of his boat and post the link here.

If you're into bling-bling, leave it on, otherwise, take off the scrapheap!

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
Joined Sep 2002
4,586 Posts
Thanks..

I try not to use them if I can avoid it..... yep... just drag. With the nice stinger adjustment bracket, will play with that first. Thanks.

Stringfly.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:47 AM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,164 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
That's a damn nice friend you have there Stringfly.
Just adjust the tabs up off the water if you don't think you need them. That would look better than holes in the back of the boat.
But the proper way to use trim tabs is to have them set to not be touching the water when the boat is at its normal angle of attack and running at full noise. They should only touch the water when the nose starts to lift. This helps to bring the nose back down. So the drag is minimal & they can save a blowover. At least that's how I try to set them up.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
Last edited by 785boats; Nov 12, 2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:09 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
That's a pretty awesome birthday present!! I wouldn't go any higher than 4s with the 2200kv motor and 120amp esc. It should be PLENTY fast with the leopard motor.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
Joined Sep 2002
4,586 Posts
ok..

Thanks for the advise guys. I really only have sets of 4000 and 5000mah 2s packs now, that I use on my MG, UL-1 and SV. Will make up some bullet connectors for this speed control. I do have some 5.5s. The included prop looks pretty good but will sharpen and balance. It's 42mm but not sure of the pitch. The blades look pretty small though. Will try it first and check temps after a short run I guess. Any other prop recomendations with this motor, esc and batteries I will be using ???

Another question is battery placement. Should I stack the 2 2s packs on top of each other on the battery tray or side to side and let hang off the sides of the trey up the inner hulls some? I would assume you want weight low and centered as much as possible but if side to side the weight will be more off center to each side.

Stringfly <>+++++
Last edited by STRINGFLY; Nov 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:42 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,360 Posts
Very nice gift Stringfly. Chances are you won't want to run more than 4s on it at 2200kv. If it's anything like my DF33 you'll find you need to run 4s 2p just to avoid baking the batts.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
Battery placement will be 100% dictated by where they need to go to get it balanced. I would bet that putting them in front of the motor will put the balance too far forward, but you might be able to.

I quickly priced out parts from OSE to see how good of a deal the Kintec one is, I was at $350 without an ESC, trim tabs, turn fins, prop, etc. Just the hull, speedmaster hardware, motor, mount and cooling jacket. Definitely a good deal from Kintec, you'd easily spend another $50-$75 more building one yourself!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
Canada EH?!?
Joined Sep 2007
168 Posts
Nice friend of yours!! I've been eye'in this one on Kintec...sounds like a great deal!! Now go out and run'er...and don't forget to take some vids
syncronized is offline Find More Posts by syncronized
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:40 PM
Joined Sep 2002
4,586 Posts
Will do.

Hope to run Sunday. Will see if scorp can take some video.

Stringfly <>+++++
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:43 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
If you've got batteries than give enough juice, I bet you could get this into the 50's easily with the right prop!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:00 PM
Joined Sep 2002
4,586 Posts
Balance point.

So balance point should be between about 27 and 32 percent from transom on this hull type?

Stringfly <>+++++
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:00 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,038 Posts
Hi Stringfly,

This is the boat and the video I mentioned earlier:
pursuit 32"mono (1 min 24 sec)

The boat isn't quite stock, the ownner wasn't happy with the flexshaft and substituted it with a long solid one.

He's running a rather small prop in the video, there's a lot more speed to gain!

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:04 PM
Joined Sep 2002
4,586 Posts
Can't play videos at work (they are blocked). WIll take a look at home tonight. thanks

Stringfly <>+++++

Looked great at home. It seems much more stable then my SV. Thanks.
Last edited by STRINGFLY; Nov 12, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:33 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
Jan, keep in mind that the pursuit used to ship with a ~2000kv 540L motor, kintec now ships it with a leopard 4074 2200kv! It'll be pretty ballistic out of the box!