Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:19 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Discussion
t-rex 250 gyro+servo help

hello guys. i recently buy the t-rex 250 combo without servo and gyro. any one can recomend to me any good gyro,servo combo. the gp750 is way to high price. the heli came with every part align brand so i will love to get the gyro and servo from align but the combo cost me $185 shipped and is way to crazy to spend another $180 just for a gyro and servo.

any known clone for the gp750?? i found the e-tech g105 that is supouse to be a good cheap gyro for small helis. i am running my 450 with a e-tech g104 (GY401 clon) and do a good job with a walkera regular servo.

any hobbyking cheap gyro ?? anithing good cheap?
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:44 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
I have used G104 and G106 and both were good gyros for the $. I would bet the G105 would be better than both the HK401b and the Detrum48V that many like.
Here is the 105 on a rcg members Gaui 200. Stops look good, flips look good, hard climbout etc all look good.

EP200 with E-Tech G105 Gyro (4 min 8 sec)

For a more high end setup at a bargain Logitech 2100T / 3100G combo from Grand rc is cracking value.

Or maybe the SJGD rebadge "Turnigy Mems" from hobbyking.

Whatever gyro you get DON'T skimp on the servo.
JR290G, Inolab 201, Hyperion DS11 or some go for larger servos...like the JR3500G.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:45 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Can I go with the g105 and Align DS420?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:15 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Can I go with the g105 and Align DS420?
Have a look over at helifreak.

DS420 is the source of many people's wag issues. Align make helis not electronics.

Amp
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:40 PM
Afghanistanimation
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
Stay away from Align servos and gyros. They suck for tails.
johnnychimpo is offline Find More Posts by johnnychimpo
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
911 Posts
+1 on that! The only way I can eliminate my tail wag (GP780 Gyro and DS420 Tail Servo) on my Align 250SE is to set the gyro to "Analog" Servo mode (even though the DS420 is a digital servo)... what a joke! Especially for the money they charge!!
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:55 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
i ordered the the g106 with a corona servo. i recived the kit today i will work on lit and see how the tail will work whith that setup.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:58 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,025 Posts
i just orderd the g106 too, it should be here in a week or so .
Ampdraw , any special things you did to it , did you set it up in rate , did you slide the servo up or down the boom to get it to fly in rate mode first . gotta know because if you didnt then this will be a easier setup than the gy48v .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:27 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Both the G106 and G104 were tested in a Spektrum 4g6...they did well in that.

Neither of the above have a limit setting which is why I mentioned the G105. Just make sure the slider has enough travel without binding.

And yep, always set up for 90 degree servo horn and rate mode idle up no drift.

Somewhere on the tube there is a vid from eatatjoes of the G104 on a 250 clone and it did quite well.

Amp
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:31 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,025 Posts
yes i saw that, i was hoping it would be one less thing to setup . at this point ,i am fine flying in rate mode . for some strange reason i get a slight drift in HH mode , but in rate its locked and dosent drift , go figure
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:35 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
I need to sleep. this is how much I have done today.

Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:27 AM
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
34 Posts
I feel your pain. I just bought one as well and have made it through most of the assembly with only a few stripped screws and a couple of wonky errors but am having trouble and hoping you can help. I am not sure how to hook up the DS420 rudder servo through the Gyro (GP780).

When looking at the gyro, I believe I am supposed to plug the rudder servo connector into it, but am not sure which way to plug it in. ( the unit came with no manual for the Gyro and I can not find one online).

Do I plug the connector in such that the white (neutral) wire is on the far right side of the connector, or such that the black wire is on the far right side?

Also , when I plug the Gyro connector into the receiver, I assume I plug the connector into the sport marked "RUDD", but where do I plug the second connector from the Gyro(the one with the yellow wire only)? Does this go into the receiver spot marked "AUX1"? and if so , do I plug it in such the the yellow wire is attaching to the neutral pin (it would be on the top) or the reverse way?

thanks
RCGP is offline Find More Posts by RCGP
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:38 AM
Size Matters!
San Francisco Bay Area
Joined Dec 2002
2,654 Posts
I am considering a new transmitter for my tr250.
Does anyone have any experience flying it with the DX6I tranny?
Thank you, RR
RocketRob is offline Find More Posts by RocketRob
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:44 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
I feel your pain. I just bought one as well and have made it through most of the assembly with only a few stripped screws and a couple of wonky errors but am having trouble and hoping you can help. I am not sure how to hook up the DS420 rudder servo through the Gyro (GP780).

When looking at the gyro, I believe I am supposed to plug the rudder servo connector into it, but am not sure which way to plug it in. ( the unit came with no manual for the Gyro and I can not find one online).

Do I plug the connector in such that the white (neutral) wire is on the far right side of the connector, or such that the black wire is on the far right side?

Also , when I plug the Gyro connector into the receiver, I assume I plug the connector into the sport marked "RUDD", but where do I plug the second connector from the Gyro(the one with the yellow wire only)? Does this go into the receiver spot marked "AUX1"? and if so , do I plug it in such the the yellow wire is attaching to the neutral pin (it would be on the top) or the reverse way?thanks

for spektrum radio plug the extra wire of the gyro to any spare channel and use the expo of that channel to set de HH and normal rates. i think spektrum does not have a specific chanel for gyros. if your expo goes from -100 to +100 then all - % will be gain for Normal rate and all +% will be Heading Hold mode usa dual rate swithch to change gyro from NR to HH. if expo % only goes from 0% to 100% then 1 to 50% is Normal Rate and 51% to 100% is heading hold

futaba have the channel 5 for gyro and the programing in the radio.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:52 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob View Post
I am considering a new transmitter for my tr250.
Does anyone have any experience flying it with the DX6I tranny?
Thank you, RR
I am Futaba. its a SOLID equipemnt, durable and better quality. spektrum have being thru on many recalls and problems. I own a Futaba that was used when rc planes came to market for fist time and still working hehehe.

my 250 is flying with a FUTABA 7C