You needing something? Whats up?

Just_Me
Just_me is offline Find More Posts by Just_me
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:35 AM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Nothing JM. I was going to ask what settings your using on the track.

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:43 PM
Just_Me
Florida
Joined Mar 2009
361 Posts
No brake, low to mid timing, mid startup, and zero drag should do it. Be sure to dial your abs in. Other than that you'll be good to go. I'm confused now were you using brushed at the race last month?

Just_Me
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:34 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
I'd sure dial it in with zero brake. It will reduce any heat to the esc. Tekins are great and more so that little RS you just brought! Nice buy!
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:04 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Tekins are great but very costly. Not sure if its to much for a simple kart. My SP esc and motor works perfect and for the price I can't be it. It keeps right along with the high dollar stuff.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Nov 15, 2011, 02:33 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
The dependability of a Tekin is well respected dear 6, along with other pricey brands but how much faster is a $100.00 esc going to make you go? Make no difference what bragging rights you have when it comes to a esc and fancy equipment. We all run the same motors with the same timing. I don't think a pricey esc will make that much difference in our karts hun.

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Nov 15, 2011, 09:20 PM
EatenDirt
TN
Joined Jun 2009
306 Posts
They do Ceri if you have all the bells and whistles like the Tekins. The nice thing about the Tekins is the usb to pc for fine tuning.

Eatendirt
EatenDirt is offline Find More Posts by EatenDirt
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:46 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
We wanted to let everyone know Wed, Nov 16th, Cindy will shut down our server for most of the day. Wanted to let our members know its not your pc, our network is down. Thanks and we'll be back up late tomorrow night.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:13 AM
Just_Me
Florida
Joined Mar 2009
361 Posts
It looks the same. I don't see anythign different. What did you do?

Just_Me
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me View Post
No brake, low to mid timing, mid startup, and zero drag should do it. Be sure to dial your abs in. Other than that you'll be good to go. I'm confused now were you using brushed at the race last month?

Just_Me

The esc works perfect. Thanks for the settings JM. This tiny thing is amazing. Have you ever ran one? True I can't tell much difference between my old esc and this one. Tons more of adjustments are possible but not sure if they would really make the kart quicker. Maybe more efficent. I need to learn all the bells and whistles on it. The pc to usb is way sweet. I'll also have to bring my laptop unlike my other where it was a simple program card.

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:04 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
So hows it compare to the other besides all the useless settings?

DoubleTrouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Nov 20, 2011, 02:02 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Part of what you say is true about useless settings. Any esc with timing, startup and brake will be perfect for kart racing. Now what you said? True voltage cutoff, throttle curve and other goodies are useless in the karts. Atleast in the kart you don't need any fancy bells and whistles. Simple works best as Mitch and Robert have proven. Your Tekin 6 will treat you well and perform great on the track. Once its set you shouldn't need to touch it again. It will never get hot in the kart so no need to worry about that. And I do agree no brake will be best.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:30 PM
Just_Me
Florida
Joined Mar 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Warren View Post
Part of what you say is true about useless settings. Any esc with timing, startup and brake will be perfect for kart racing. Now what you said? True voltage cutoff, throttle curve and other goodies are useless in the karts. Atleast in the kart you don't need any fancy bells and whistles. Simple works best as Mitch and Robert have proven. Your Tekin 6 will treat you well and perform great on the track. Once its set you shouldn't need to touch it again. It will never get hot in the kart so no need to worry about that. And I do agree no brake will be best.

Toby

Very Very Very true Toby. We don't require a high tech esc. As long as its able to hold the voltage we use thats all I require of a esc. We're capped off in the modified class. Stock were only allowed to run sealed brushed can. So what will your Tekin offer? Basically the same thing as my low dollar combo esc & motor. Of course your Tekin can handle more power by far than my ER/HW. It'll have the same thrust to torque ratio due to the motor, voltage cut off we don't use, timing maybe be a little more defined but what else? Not much in my eyes but a good name esc that won't let you down if you can afford one in a cheap kart. To me it defeats the purpose of low budget racing then. On that note it will be a good esc to race with. I just hate to see everyone go to high dollar equipment in a low budget rc.

Just_Me
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:13 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Is everyones 2.4 radios working with the HW escs? Mine glitched today. Very odd considering.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren