HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:27 PM
DMonster
Central Alabama
Joined Oct 2010
136 Posts
Thanks for the supporting words Ceri. What about battery life on your radios? I was reading somewhere FS radios run time are less than others. Any truth? and if so how much do they differ.

Dmonster
dmonster is offline Find More Posts by dmonster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:33 PM
Out side of Destin FL.
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
Not sure if you know Dmonster I perform most of the upgrades on the radios you see at the tracks, I can say battery life is not to bad at all. It varies on how long you drive, tuning, brand of batteries and pushing buttons of and on. My two radios I get 4-5 hours of on time. Thats alot if you think about it Dmonster. I don't run lipo even though it can be done. I found more physical upgrades need to be installed to make running lipos possible. In my case and many others you'll see simple NIMH being ran. Plus running lipo's to me, tosses the radio out of balance. You want the base of course to be heavier with a slight downward feel. NIMH will give you this feeling. When your radio arrives please let me know what you think of it. I want to hear both good and bad. Better yet, let me know what races your attending and I'll try to make it up and check it out! Personally I enjoy looking inside these non mainstream radios. I find the internal electronics very interesting as most are no different than major brands. Many of these do hold a slightly slower response but if your not a pro its very hard to notice.

JB'
djskiptonic is offline Find More Posts by djskiptonic
Old Oct 30, 2011, 06:46 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
I know JB you upgraded mine. Still going strong after 7 months.

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:55 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Ok, trying to keep things somewhat straight here with these threads. If you guys aren't selling karts or trading kart items? Then let this thread die. Trying to keep up with reads is getting hard here. This thread started out with someone selling their kart and now were on radios? Come on guys. Then start a radio thread deal?

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Read you loud and clear Robert.
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:52 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Everyone I sold my kart to Harrisons Father this evening. He's taking it back to stock so look out stock class. I'm not out of racing. I'll be ordering a new one next week. If anyone has an extra brushless setup they want to sell hook me up. I don't want to wait for 3-4 weeks for a motor and esc from over seas. Let me know what you have. My local HS doesn't have jack squat.

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:18 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Then buy locally 6! Shipping anywhere from a LHS should only take a week. Stormier, A Main Hobbies will get your esc to you in a quick manor. I know your looking for brushless but what brand?

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:17 AM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Yo 6 I've a Teken with hotwire I'll let go. You'll have to shave under the motor. FYI it'll fit tightly so don't go tighten the screws down to much. Give me a holla if you want it other wise I'm going to keep it for a back up. You know to Venom released one with the same case right? Breck has one here and swears by it. He's not running the combo only the esc. Seems to work fine with his other brushless motor.

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Nov 2008
240 Posts
NEWS! Robert and I both will be closed from Jan - Feb of next year. We have upgrades to do to equipment and one of us, not saying who is moving into a possible indoor racing warehouse facilty. Thats a maybe if we can figure out room and how to wall everything off from business to track area. Note this isn't offical about the indoor track but it holds great possibilities for all us!

Mitch
rbpracing is offline Find More Posts by rbpracing
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:36 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
Yo 6 I've a Teken with hotwire I'll let go. You'll have to shave under the motor. FYI it'll fit tightly so don't go tighten the screws down to much. Give me a holla if you want it other wise I'm going to keep it for a back up. You know to Venom released one with the same case right? Breck has one here and swears by it. He's not running the combo only the esc. Seems to work fine with his other brushless motor.

Double Trouble

Jonathan wants it if your not asking a arm and a leg for it. Let 6 have first dibs and hit us back ok?

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:17 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Tekins ROCK!

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:29 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
DT I sent a pm for the esc. Let me know your email so I can send you a payment.

Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:44 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
DT I sent a pm for the esc. Let me know your email so I can send you a payment.

Six? Be sure to get the usb cord. You'll be happy with that liitle esc once you set it up correctly. I use to run the B series (brushed) and loved it. Todd actually sold his B last week to a noob. He like me is now brushless as well. I'll miss the motor building aspects of racing yet all is good just less work for me to do here.
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:37 PM
Just_Me
Florida
Joined Mar 2009
361 Posts
I agree those Tekins are the bomb providing you've the hotwire. No cogging what so ever and very smooth breaking is what Don told me in Tampa. I still like my HW for the funds. Mine was not even 25.00 shipped to my door you just can't beat it you know?

Just_Me
Just_me is offline Find More Posts by Just_me
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:39 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me View Post
I agree those Tekins are the bomb providing you've the hotwire. No cogging what so ever and very smooth breaking is what Don told me in Tampa. I still like my HW for the funds. Mine was not even 25.00 shipped to my door you just can't beat it you know?

Just_Me
You still logged in?