SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2003, 02:50 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
Friday Night at Lockheed Recreational Facilities

Folks, this Friday night the Lockheed Aeromodelers will get together to fly and talk indoor remote controlled air vehicles. Flying will start at 1900 and end at 2200. The address is 3400 Bryant-Irving road in Ft Worth. Exit 9A off of I30, head south on Bryan-Irving for about 3 miles, just over the Trinity river and turn right into the facilities. Tell the guard why you are there. Two full size gyms side by side, plenty of room to yank and bank. Landing fee charged inplace of club dues. Open to all indoor flyers Lockheed employee or not. Visitors welcome, plenty of seating and the crew is eager to answer any questions on the hobby/sport you may have. We fly everything from a Wright Flyer, orinthopters, Gee Bees, a B-36 Peacemaker, all Stik variations to full 3D aircraft. Nothing weighing more than 16 ounces or a motor over the 300 series allowed. We follow NIRAC/AMA guidelines for indoor flight. ed
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2003, 11:13 PM
Arlington ,Tx ,USA
Joined Dec 2000
328 Posts
What is the day for August???
Duane is offline Find More Posts by Duane
Old Aug 10, 2003, 09:57 AM
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
Thank you for reminding me. We will be flying this Friday night (15th August) at the facilities starting at 7 PM. Come on out and play. Septembers date has been set on the 26th. We will be getting ready for the Southwestern Aero Conference (SWAC) show on the 3rd and 4th of October. Bring you birds and get them in trim before we play at SWAC. ed
Old Aug 10, 2003, 10:36 AM
Balsa Butcher
Southeast Georgia
Joined Sep 2001
150 Posts
Not enough room here

Man, you airdales sure got it made. Working for Lock-Mart in the FBM branch kinda....limits us

Those launch tubes are tall enough all right, but it takes a good turning plane to keep from bumping into the walls
gollum is offline Find More Posts by gollum
Old Aug 11, 2003, 07:07 AM
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
gollum, just remember somebody has to do it and we lucked out this time. You ought to see the other place I fly at. Its the Ft Worth Convention Center Arena. The arena has a ceiling height of 125 feet and seats about 10,000 folks. I fly a purple Parkhawk orinthopter and 16 foot airship for the Ft Worth Brahmas Hockey Team. I usually get an hour or so of flying before each game and its worth the time spent suffering through the 34 plus games I attend each year. Fourth season starting in October. Its really rough having to fly two to three times a week but again it has to be done. Wish everyone could be so lucky! ed