Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 05, 2010, 03:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
issue with the forward-backward servo.

hi guys,
I'm not sure if this is the place for asking.
I have just started to fly my new solo pro v2 every thing was ok.
but suddenly last time I tried to fly it the heli went violently backwards.

I have realized that there is an issue with the control that makes the heli goes forward-backwards. (right stick up-down) in mode 2.

the issue is that when I insert the battery on the heli ant it synchronise with the control, the right servo (looking from the tail) goes completely up. and it does not respond to the stick. (if I switch off the control it goes back to the middle position)

Is there away of fixing this? Is a known issue?
I'm not sure if is an issue with the heli or the control.
I don't think there is a mechanical problem as the servo has mobility it goes half down when switching off the control.
so, Any ideas?
Btw, last landing wasn't that bad :-)

I'll check with my local dealer next business day, but unfortunately we have 4 fays off and I'm pissed off I'm not able to flight :-(
guybrushthr is offline Find More Posts by guybrushthr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 03:53 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrushthr View Post
hi guys,
I'm not sure if this is the place for asking.
I have just started to fly my new solo pro v2 every thing was ok.
but suddenly last time I tried to fly it the heli went violently backwards.

I have realized that there is an issue with the control that makes the heli goes forward-backwards. (right stick up-down) in mode 2.

the issue is that when I insert the battery on the heli ant it synchronise with the control, the right servo (looking from the tail) goes completely up. and it does not respond to the stick. (if I switch off the control it goes back to the middle position)

Is there away of fixing this? Is a known issue?
I'm not sure if is an issue with the heli or the control.
I don't think there is a mechanical problem as the servo has mobility it goes half down when switching off the control.
so, Any ideas?
Btw, last landing wasn't that bad :-)

I'll check with my local dealer next business day, but unfortunately we have 4 fays off and I'm pissed off I'm not able to flight :-(
Sounds like one of the TX sticks has locked up electronically in one direction. I had this happen with throttle, it was always at 100% all of a sudden. Check the first post of this topic, for a piece called "Stick Calibration". I think this will fix your problem.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2010, 09:04 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Mine does that too. If recalibrating the sticks don't work, try re-binding. That's what I've been doing.

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Dec 05, 2010, 02:45 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Seperated TC getting locked up and one of the sticks losing control function into 2 questions. These problems are closely related, but this makes it easier to spot if you have this condition.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:33 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Solo Pro,

I recently got the Revell Proto Max and I also bought the Nine Eagle charger.

It appears the charger is the old type with two small grooves, while my battery for the Proto max has the larger key on one side. (like the picture you supply in your FAQ.

Is it safe to mod the Proto max battery by trimming the key off so it will fit in the charger? Or should i mod the charger to accept the key? I dont want to ruin the fit of the battery on the heli.

Dave
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:05 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post
Solo Pro,

I recently got the Revell Proto Max and I also bought the Nine Eagle charger.

It appears the charger is the old type with two small grooves, while my battery for the Proto max has the larger key on one side. (like the picture you supply in your FAQ.

Is it safe to mod the Proto max battery by trimming the key off so it will fit in the charger? Or should i mod the charger to accept the key? I dont want to ruin the fit of the battery on the heli.

Dave
Modding the charger means you only have to do it once. If you mod the battery, you will have to keep doing this with every new battery. It won't seriously affect the fit if you remove the "key" of the battery, just be careful not to puncture the battery itself. That is another reason you might want to decide to mod the charger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:19 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrushthr View Post
thanks solopro, for you answer.
unfortunately it didn't help. I tryed using the trims, and re-setting the max limit for the stick. now I've got some movement, but only going backwards, and just a bit not the whole length of the serve. I hope tomorrow the dealer will be able to help me :-(

I'll let you know what they told me. for me is clear that this wasn't caused by a let's say "hard landing" so should be included in the the guaranty agreement.
You might want to have them try with another TX at the dealer. But it seems to me like a garantuee thing as well, so it will be solved one way or the other, I'm sure.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:43 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
I'm having a very similar problem to guybrushthr...

when i plug my battery into proto max, the aileron "servo" moves all the way into the downward position. i know the motor is working, because if i start the "servo" in the middle position it moves to the bottom when i plug it in.

I tried rebinding and calibrating the control sticks, but still no luck. One other thing is that when the heli is on the ground and i give it no input the led is blue on the board. but if i give it any throttle the led starts flashing between blue and yellow. could this be an indication that something is wrong with the board? anyone ever seen this happen?
pdcrow is offline Find More Posts by pdcrow
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:56 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcrow View Post
I'm having a very similar problem to guybrushthr...

when i plug my battery into proto max, the aileron "servo" moves all the way into the downward position. i know the motor is working, because if i start the "servo" in the middle position it moves to the bottom when i plug it in.

I tried rebinding and calibrating the control sticks, but still no luck. One other thing is that when the heli is on the ground and i give it no input the led is blue on the board. but if i give it any throttle the led starts flashing between blue and yellow. could this be an indication that something is wrong with the board? anyone ever seen this happen?
The led is behaving normal, board isn't.

Added led behavior to the FAQ, under "First Impressions".
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 06, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:43 PM
dallas
Joined Jun 2007
47 Posts
Another bad servo/board issue

Has anyone replaced a main board on one of these, any suggestions.
From pictures it looks like it should be pretty much plug and play.

I picked up a Prot Max,Brand new never flown, plugged the battery in and the right servo shoots all the way up,
If I pull the servo motor off of the gear I can hear the servo motor spinning constantly in one direction, and i can slow it down and speed it up by moving the right stick up and down like the wiring is crossed with the main motor.
Everything else seams to work fine.

I contacted great planes tech support and they are shipping out a new board for me. In the mean time i just went out and picked up a blade MSR.

hears a quick video of the problem.
Proto Max Defective component demonstration video for great planes tech support (0 min 57 sec)
taoistflyer is offline Find More Posts by taoistflyer
Old Dec 06, 2010, 04:01 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistflyer View Post
Has anyone replaced a main board on one of these, any suggestions.
From pictures it looks like it should be pretty much plug and play.

I picked up a Prot Max,Brand new never flown, plugged the battery in and the right servo shoots all the way up,
If I pull the servo motor off of the gear I can hear the servo motor spinning constantly in one direction, and i can slow it down and speed it up by moving the right stick up and down like the wiring is crossed with the main motor.
Everything else seams to work fine.

I contacted great planes tech support and they are shipping out a new board for me. In the mean time i just went out and picked up a blade MSR.

hears a quick video of the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSIRPJNnxVU
Board replacement is pretty straightforward. 2 screws hold the board. Unplug the motors (first make note how they were connected) unsnap the links to the swashplate, and unplug the connector between board and skids. Remove the screws, and you have the board in your hand.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 12:36 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newborn View Post
repaired nicely with shrink tubing...
demo video being created now...
?, how do get this canopy off???
Canopy removal is easy, just gently press outward with fingers on the inside of the canopy, near one of the back pegs holding it. When one point slided off, go to the next, and then do the same with the 2 front pegs. Putting back on in reversed order, first the front pegs, than the rear pegs.

Will add this to the FAQ as well, seems like a good thing to have there as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 04:09 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
can you add a photo of the OEM replacement battery from HK showing where you need to trim to get them to fit in the holder properly?
I knew there was something on my to do list that I had forgotten about. Will get to it asap. ;-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:10 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Thanks

Thanks SoloPro for taking the time and starting this thread.

I have the Proto Max and Msr. Both great and very similar products. I always find your input in RCGroups very informative and helpful.

By the way...SUBSCRIBED!
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:34 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
Thanks SoloPro for taking the time and starting this thread.

I have the Proto Max and Msr. Both great and very similar products. I always find your input in RCGroups very informative and helpful.

By the way...SUBSCRIBED!
You're welcome, I'm glad I can provide some help with this thread and my other postings. And I will try to continue to make this thread more useful, by adding things others and I think of. Soon I hope to have a Bravo SX, and I think I will add some info about that heli to this FAQ as well, since it is quite similar to the Solo Pro.

@jtravel (and others): Added info about what to do before using the OEM 120 mAh batteries to the FAQ.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 08, 2010 at 12:01 AM.