HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Awesome FAQ. I think you should put something in about the Proto Max differences and the Solo Pro. Isn't there a Low Volt cut issue? also, I think the Revell Warranty is important to list as I was having a problem with a newly arrive Proto Max and they replaced it completely under warranty. That is a huge value in my opinion over almost any RTF Heli in the market.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:18 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
Awesome FAQ. I think you should put something in about the Proto Max differences and the Solo Pro. Isn't there a Low Volt cut issue? also, I think the Revell Warranty is important to list as I was having a problem with a newly arrive Proto Max and they replaced it completely under warranty. That is a huge value in my opinion over almost any RTF Heli in the market.
Thanks! I hope many can find the answers they look for here.

The warranty is a nice bonus, I might have to list that under the differences. Although a good webshop or local heli shop will provide the same warranty regardless of the brand, and some do so.

I have heard about some Low Voltage Cutoff, but I have never had a Proto Max or it's battery in my hands, so no direct experience. Someone put a review of this rebrand on here, I will ask him for more details. I suspect the LVC is built in the battery, as I know it is different, and the receiver is the same as non rebranded ones...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:02 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Clarified the confusion about the different versions of the Solo Pro, going by different names, and also added a link to the excellent review Michael Heer posted about the Revell Proto Max.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:53 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Updated the section about flight times.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:53 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
If you find anything still missing that belongs here, feel free to post it here, or sent me a PM.
Still valid...

Added binding procedure.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:30 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Added information about aileron/elevator mix on RX-04 receivers, and the difference between V2 and older battery. Also updated "power options" with the new Hyperion and Intellect 130 that now come from the factory with NE connector already on.

Made method to repair unsnapping links stand out better, by making it into a seperate question.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 23, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:58 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflmcwaffle View Post

I want to use my turnigy 160mahs as well, as shown in your picture, and i purchased the cords you suggested http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9727,
but how do i connect them to the battery socket of my solopro (revell proto max) <--same thing, i think?
My heli hasnt actually come in yet, but once it is i want to make this change right away to utilize my 10 turnigy's
You cut one of the cords in half, and solder the part with the plug that fits the batteries to either the receiver print, or to the metal strips on the skids, so you can keep using stock and other batteries.

Still don't advise to use the Turnigy 160. There is too much variation in their quality, they are not reliable. With the excellent OEM batteries Hobby King sells now, I would not bother modding my heli and then use other batteries.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:38 AM
Check my blog!
Rochester(ish) NY
Joined Nov 2010
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
You cut one of the cords in half, and solder the part with the plug that fits the batteries to either the receiver print, or to the metal strips on the skids, so you can keep using stock and other batteries.

Still don't advise to use the Turnigy 160. There is too much variation in their quality, they are not reliable. With the excellent OEM batteries Hobby King sells now, I would not bother modding my heli and then use other batteries.
Okay thanks for the info, ill have to figure it out once it arrives
I want to use turnigys just becasue i have lots of them and can charge 6 of them at once, i dont want to buy a bunch of OEMs and have to charge them one at a time, that would take forever off of AA batts in the Tx
Thank you very much! ill let you know if i need any help with my helicopter
roflmcwaffle is offline Find More Posts by roflmcwaffle
Old Nov 29, 2010, 03:46 PM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
sbloccaggio radio

I congratulate once again with his friend solopro,
for the good work and commitment that is making available to the community forum rcgroup .........
also provides this video which explains how to escape from the capture of the radio .................
Greetings to all and thank you very much ............... solopro

sbloccaggio radio nine eagles (2 min 7 sec)
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:44 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Thanks for the praise, Marconos. But I couldn't have done it without the help from others.

And video has been added to the FAQ now...
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:00 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner158 View Post
Can anyone suggest why my Solo Pro V2 doesn't rotate about the main shaft axis when rudder is applied?

When rotating in one direction, the heli moves forwards and in a circle, and in the other direction it goes backwards and in a circle the opposite way instead of simply rotating in one place. I have to apply some corrective elevator and aileron in order to spin in place.

I have checked the movement of the servos, and operating the rudder does not move the servos at all, only the tail rotor speed as I would expect. There is no movement in the swashplate.

However, when looking side-on at the main rotor when it is spinning, I can see the tips of the main rotor move up and down at the rear nearest the tail rotor when rudder is applied. When looking from the rear, I can see the tail boom flex sideways and twist a little as the power to the tail rotor changes.

I can think of two possibilities, one being the tail boom movement it doing something, or there is some kind of prop-wash interference between the two rotors causing the change in main rotor angle.

Other than this, the heli hovers in the spot and flies normally, and the trims are not off the scale or anything weird.

Does anyone else have this issue, or any insight as to how to get it to rotate on its own axis??
They all have it. I thought I had already mentioned it in the FAQ, but it seems like I've overlooked this.

Reason for this behavior is the strong tailrotor sideways push. This forces the heli to hang slanted in the air, and also accounts for this turning behavior. When you apply right rudder, the tail rotor increases sideways push, but also lifts the tail a little, because the heli is slanted. This makes the heli want to go forward at the same time. When applying left rudder, the opposite happens, the tail drops a little, and the heli comes veering backwards. There is not much you can do about this, except learing to counter this behavior with some elevator input while applying rudder. Soon it will become second nature, trust me. A more rigid flybar also seems to help, I've noticed right piros being quicker and more "on the spot" with my Xtreme sample flybar, even when not applying any elevator.

Added to the FAQ now, under "Flight Behavior".
Old Dec 01, 2010, 08:11 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1 Posts
Thanks for that, I didn't join the dots with the way it hovers slanted and the turning behaviour, but this is now blindingly obvious!
bturner158 is offline Find More Posts by bturner158
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:15 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
I've seen youtube video of people changing the blades of the mSR
and hovering them inverted.

Can the same be done on a nine-eagle/revell proto?

I would assume besides changing the blades, you'll need to somehow
adjust the transmitter so that low stick gives full throttle instead
of shutting down.

If it can be done I'm gonna get myself one for X'mas and use it
for indoor trainer!

thanks
Flipping the throttle won't be needed, you just have to make your brain understand you need to apply throttle to make the heli go down, which means moving to the ceiling in this case, since it is inverted. Just like when hovering nose in, you have to realize left is right in this orientation.

But it can't be done on the Solo Pro without some serious modding. This heli has no seperate blade grips, so you can't simply take the blades of a similar size coaxial and put them on the wrong side up. You need to make pivot points for the mixer arms, which means modifying the blades of a Solo coaxial. So it can be done, but it takes some work.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 05:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflmcwaffle View Post
oh sorry, i was just discussing, i forgot this was faq only, i can remove it if you want
No problem, and I can remove it as well, since I have moderator rights for this thread only.

Added explanation about the 3 trim buttons for each stick, and how to switch between mode 1 and 2.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:02 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Thanks for the great post.

Am thinking about getting one for myself, does anyone know of a retailer who sells the deluxe edition Solo Pro (aluminium case, wall charger etc) at a good price? The cheapest I can find is $150.

Also, the Solo Pro and the Proto Max are the same thing, for all intents and purposes. Is there an equivalent of the Proto CX in another brand?

Yes, also the Nine Eagles micro coax goes by many names. Nine Eagles Solo, Merlin Tracer 60, and some others. But this is not really related to the Solo Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant141110 View Post
This is the cheapest that I have found. ( I bought my first Solo pro last fri) ( hope it comes on sat, I can't wait to get this little bird in the air, and stay up on my stick time. My HK 450 and HBFP are down at the moment :-(

$99 plus shipping for the deluxe http://www.helipal.com/select-by-ski...ermediate.html hope that helps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant141110 View Post
sorry if this has been discussed, the threads on these things are huge! and results to searches are a little old. Update on who has stock and good prices/fast/cheap shipping would be helpful to many i'm sure. Thanks

Where is the best (cheapest and quickest to USA) for spare parts for the NE Solo pro? Don't have mine yet but i'm sure i'll need parts soon. Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Ah, thanks ant!

That's the one I'm after, looks good.

Have you purchased from HeliPal before? Are they a reputable business? Website looks nice, they ship internationally (at reasonable prices) and I love the fact that they have a currency selector, you'd think all online businesses who ship internationally would be smart enough to incorporate one into their site.

It still comes to around $150 with EMS shipping and the currency exchange, but I think that's pretty good. The one I was looking at was on eBay, in Australia, and is $150 + $20 shipping, and the seller looks a little dodgy to be honest.

Thanks for the link, appreciate it.
I don't think the discussion where you can get the best deal for this heli at this moment is really FAQ related. Please use the general Solo Pro thread for these things, so we can keep the discussion here more technical.

Edit: added the dislocated swash plate pin to the FAQ, thanks go to rcnutt for the picture that clearly shows this condition.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 04, 2010 at 01:56 AM.