SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
On the topic of the FAQ questions. What are you thoughts about labeling each section with it's own letter. For the sake of making it easier to refer people to a specific question.

As it is right now, I would have to tell people to the FAQ to the "Repairs" section and see Q5. Or section3, Q5.

Then they gotta go search for that section since we can't link to it directly. Easiest way to prevent confusion is to quote it like you are apt to do.

I think it would be easier to call that C5. So we can just tell people to go see question C5 of the FAQ.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:41 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
On the topic of the FAQ questions. What are you thoughts about labeling each section with it's own letter. For the sake of making it easier to refer people to a specific question.

As it is right now, I would have to tell people to the FAQ to the "Repairs" section and see Q5. Or section3, Q5.

Then they gotta go search for that section since we can't link to it directly. Easiest way to prevent confusion is to quote it like you are apt to do.

I think it would be easier to call that C5. So we can just tell people to go see question C5 of the FAQ.
Sounds interesting. I'll consider it.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:53 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
77 Posts
Hey guys

I'm a youngster of 37 that's heavily into rc cars but thought I'd give heli's a shot. I do not nourish any dreams of becoming a 3D pilot but hopefully I'll get bitten by the bug and upgrade to an outdoor capable heli in the future.

I got my 270 the other day and being a complete rookie on choppers I have to say the 270 is very easy to fly, if you can call what I'm doing flying.
It only took a few tries to master the "box" with the tail towards me. I have crashed quite a few times while attempting other maneuvers though. The canopy is busted but repaired with surgical tape and of course the flybar broke. Hopefully I'll receive two spares today

I bought six of the Turnigy nano-Tech's to increase my run time and they're a perfect fit! Yes, I do touch both motors at the end of each battery to make sure I'm not overheating them. In my cars I always measure the temps with an IR gauge but I'm suspecting 70°C is a bit too much for these motors. Any tips on temps?

I do face some issues and I'm uncertain if it's something at fault or if it's just the way it is.

I can get the 270 to hover without touching the controls after trimming. It drifts sideways ever so slightly but I would suspect a complete stand still is impossible. However, each time I change batteries I have to repeat the trimming. The control remembers the settings just fine but it seems like the characteristics of the chopper changes each time I'm switching batteries. I grab the chopper by the battery connector when replacing the battery.

Is this normal or is it due to my crashes?

The second thing that has me a bit puzzled is the noise coming from the tail prop. If I'm not mistaken I did read about it being noisy the FAQ but I'm still unsure if mine is ok. I do understand that it's near impossible to tell if it's normal or not without actually hearing it but I'll try and describe it the best I can. It makes kind of a high pitch whining sound with the occasional disturbance like when you blow on a windmill for kids. You know the sound: frrr frrr This is when I've only applied throttle, no yaw input (I hope I'm using the correct term here).

If anyone can shed some light on my questions I'd be most grateful. If you know of any reading I could make use of don't hesitate to tell me. I try to read up on stuff on my own but I could really use some help here.
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
Last edited by J.F.S; Mar 30, 2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:12 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,270 Posts
Small weight differences between batteries could account for small trim variations.

As for the tail, the 270's tail motor is quite "agressive" as it picks up rpm pretty fast when the gyro tries to hold the tail. If you want less noise fitting a 260 tail motor is an option. A different tail blade might also help. You could also check if your current tail blade is balanced ok.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:39 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
77 Posts
Thanks for your reply SoloPro

I'll weigh my batteries and see how much difference there's between them. Could a damaged blade on the rotor cause these variations in trim as well? One of my blades have a tiny dent in it from a crash.

I don't mind the noise as such, just curious if something is amiss with my tail prop. It's most likely ok but I'll check the balance as you suggested
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok i ont u nderstand and i can't find a properly explained way to enter subtrim mode.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Talking about the solo pro 270
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
btw my elevator servo spins all he way down giving forward movement.
I separated the servo from the potentiometer and i moved the potentiometer up an dthat caused the motor to spin even faster... So there must be a prob there. Already ordered a new receiver set. And btw my throws are really small. Wanted a bit more... Any solution there? Btw im inexperienced with helis. This solo pro 270 from hk is my first 4channel. Despite that i have flown jet planes, in helis im a complete noob
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:05 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
ok i ont u nderstand and i can't find a properly explained way to enter subtrim mode.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Talking about the solo pro 270
Quote:
btw my elevator servo spins all he way down giving forward movement.
I separated the servo from the potentiometer and i moved the potentiometer up an dthat caused the motor to spin even faster... So there must be a prob there. Already ordered a new receiver set. And btw my throws are really small. Wanted a bit more... Any solution there? Btw im inexperienced with helis. This solo pro 270 from hk is my first 4channel. Despite that i have flown jet planes, in helis im a complete noob

Both the procedure to enter subtrim and the only way to get more servo throw are mentioned in this message: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...06&postcount=3

Also, it's heartily recommended to read the first and second message in this topic, as many solutions for problems of the 260 and 320 (Solo Pro V and Bravo SX) are valid for the 270 as well. Failing servos are also discussed there, although you can't use End Point Adjustment (EPA) on the 270 yet, as it hasn't been unveiled yet how to access this adjustment mode on the 270.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,865 Posts
Quote:
Both the procedure to enter subtrim and the only way to get more servo throw are mentioned in this message: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...06&postcount=3
I just had a good look at that link. You've been busy. Awesome amalgamation of relevant info and excellent FAQ. Worth a read even for experienced 4 channels pilots who own this heli.

Thanks, Solo Pro.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I just had a good look at that link. You've been busy. Awesome amalgamation of relevant info and excellent FAQ. Worth a read even for experienced 4 channels pilots who own this heli.

Thanks, Solo Pro.
Add my voice to this. Very good work, the effort is appreciated by all NE flyers!
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Thanks for all the advice.. but not even subtrim fixed it.. it keeps spinning and spinning..
I hope the new receiver set from myrcmart fixes the prob.
does the receiver set come with the servos preinstalled?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:59 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice.. but not even subtrim fixed it.. it keeps spinning and spinning..
I hope the new receiver set from myrcmart fixes the prob.
does the receiver set come with the servos preinstalled?
Yes. Literally plug and play -- just make sure to plug the motors the right way!
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:07 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
77 Posts
Has anyone seen this page? http://www.gizmoszone.com

I noticed one of my servo gears had a nick in it which caused binding. I managed to fix it but I suspect it's just a matter of time before it happens again. Gizmoszone has a selection of gears and even a 4mm motor. I was hoping I might find new gears instead of replacing the whole board just to get fresh gears. Does anyone by any chance know what pitch the servo gears has? I'm guessing the answer is no but you never know

Edit: Looked at it a bit closer and Gizmoszone doesn't have any gears that will fit.

Edit2: Finding gears that fit will probably not happen. The dimensions of the gear is 7,6mm OD 2,5mm thick including the tab and if my count is right it has 36 teeth.
Last edited by J.F.S; Mar 31, 2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Added info
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I have to thank everybody in this thread for all the support guys.
I got answers right away.
As I said this is my first 4channel heli and I'm starting to like this little thingy. Now waitig for the repairs.
as I said I was hoping for a little more throw. If the replacement receiver from myrcmart won't give me that extra throw I might order that 260 v2 board to have it aside just in case. Is that also easy to mount? do the holes match?

Thanks once again for all the support
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:26 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,270 Posts
Quote:
I have to thank everybody in this thread for all the support guys.
I got answers right away.
As I said this is my first 4channel heli and I'm starting to like this little thingy. Now waitig for the repairs.
as I said I was hoping for a little more throw. If the replacement receiver from myrcmart won't give me that extra throw I might order that 260 v2 board to have it aside just in case. Is that also easy to mount? do the holes match?

Thanks once again for all the support
The board is identical in shape, and you can interchange between 260 and 270 without any problems.